Glossybox November 2013 (spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay - my box finally shipped...but according to usps won't arrive till Nov 13!  I'm not the patient type but shall try to be as I think glossybox will be sooooo much better than my first sub box was (bbox).   Can I ask about the surverys - they are up on my profile now but will they stay up for long?  I don't want to fill them in until I have actually received the box!  But I don't want to miss out on glossydots either. Also - can you please tell me which was your favorite glossybox between March 2013 & September 2013 and why it was your fav?  I see they are selling old boxes on Gilt right now & I'm tempted to buy some! Thanks
From March to September, I'd say my favorites were April and the Dallas Shaw box.

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Also - can you please tell me which was your favorite glossybox between March 2013 & September 2013 and why it was your fav?  I see they are selling old boxes on Gilt right now & I'm tempted to buy some!

I liked September, probably my favourite glossybox ever. The eyelash curler is nice and I've used the makeup remover pen a lot. I also really liked the perfume and the hair stuff. 

Also June, for the nail polish and oil spray. 

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay - my box finally shipped...but according to usps won't arrive till Nov 13!  I'm not the patient type but shall try to be as I think glossybox will be sooooo much better than my first sub box was (bbox).  

Can I ask about the surverys - they are up on my profile now but will they stay up for long?  I don't want to fill them in until I have actually received the box!  But I don't want to miss out on glossydots either.

Also - can you please tell me which was your favorite glossybox between March 2013 & September 2013 and why it was your fav?  I see they are selling old boxes on Gilt right now & I'm tempted to buy some!

Thanks
The August box was my favorite! There was such a great assortment of products form different brands and different countries! Since that box I've actually repurchased two of the items, so I'd say it was a major win! :)

I really loved October's box, silly one time use mask and all (although, of course, I would have preferred the exfoliate).  However, as a natural redhead (ginger, actually), I had to cancel for November.  I fail to see how I can legitimately use black eyeshadow, as interesting as I find the idea of it, without it looking very Halloween.  I just couldn't picture super pale skin, crazy freckles, red hair, and black shadow.  I'm not ancient yet, but in my 30s, I'm not going clubbing and I'm certainly not heading to a modeling shoot.  I think black eyeshadow is just a bit...too specialty I guess.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I reserve the right to resubscribe if the next spoiler looks crazy awesome though.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really loved October's box, silly one time use mask and all (although, of course, I would have preferred the exfoliate).  However, as a natural redhead (ginger, actually), I had to cancel for November.  I fail to see how I can legitimately use black eyeshadow, as interesting as I find the idea of it, without it looking very Halloween.  I just couldn't picture super pale skin, crazy freckles, red hair, and black shadow.  I'm not ancient yet, but in my 30s, I'm not going clubbing and I'm certainly not heading to a modeling shoot.  I think black eyeshadow is just a bit...too specialty I guess.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I reserve the right to resubscribe if the next spoiler looks crazy awesome though.
I also don't really use much black eyeshadow...but if the quality is good, it might work well as an eyeliner...

I really loved October's box, silly one time use mask and all (although, of course, I would have preferred the exfoliate).  However, as a natural redhead (ginger, actually), I had to cancel for November.  I fail to see how I can legitimately use black eyeshadow, as interesting as I find the idea of it, without it looking very Halloween.  I just couldn't picture super pale skin, crazy freckles, red hair, and black shadow.  I'm not ancient yet, but in my 30s, I'm not going clubbing and I'm certainly not heading to a modeling shoot.  I think black eyeshadow is just a bit...too specialty I guess.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I reserve the right to resubscribe if the next spoiler looks crazy awesome though.
I love using eye shadow as eyeliner. Just an aside if you ever end up with black in the future.

Quote: Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love using eye shadow as eyeliner. Just an aside if you ever end up with black in the future.
Hehe I still have time to decide if I want to resub before the November boxes close.  I canceled basically so that I could take some time with the decision, but I DO like the cut of your jib.  I never thought about it that way.  I have black eyeliners, but I've never tried black shadow as liner. Hmmm...I guess it's definitely something to think about!  Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by amdoerr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhhh that sounds interesting. I've never signed up for a Glossybox limited edition box before. Are they normally pretty good?

I've purchased a couple of limited edition boxes and loved them! I'm going to sit this one out though, due to limited funds this month.  

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From March to September, I'd say my favorites were April and the Dallas Shaw box.
I agree, I loved the blush from the April box and liked several items from the Dallas Shaw box (June).

ETA: The Glossybox event is over, I'm sorry I should have double checked before I posted this.

Quote: Originally Posted by susanleia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Cross posting, but old Glossyboxes are available on Gilt and today there's a code for free shipping as well. Just type FREESHIP at checkout.
is that gilt.com?  And how do you find them? I did a search on glossybox and couldn't find anything..

Cross posting, but old Glossyboxes are available on Gilt and today there's a code for free shipping as well. Just type FREESHIP at checkout.
I went to Gilt and searched for Glossybox and nothing came up, can you post a link for it?

Sorry ladies I used the link I'd saved and apparently the event is over. I'm so disappointed, the only reason I didn't order yesterday was because I thought $8 for shipping was a bit much. I'll edit my post.

Quote: Originally Posted by Brittann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I went to Gilt and searched for Glossybox and nothing came up, can you post a link for it?

I don't see it on the site anymore. I think the sale has ended.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't see it on the site anymore. I think the sale has ended.
Yes I'm sorry I didn't double check before I posted, I apologize.

Sorry ladies I used the link I'd saved and apparently the event is over. I'm so disappointed, the only reason I didn't order yesterday was because I thought $8 for shipping was a bit much. I'll edit my post.
Super jealous.  I can think of at least three boxes I would have liked to order as Christmas presents.  Oh well, I definitely appreciate the heads up!

Sorry - you were talking about GILT.  My fault!  I saw problems with the New-a-Porter special box earlier as well.  Disregard my post.

Back