Glossybox October 2013 (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my GB yesterday.  First time I ever got the box in the same month being featured!  Was happy it came before they bill for the next box so I had time to cancel.

@brittann I also got my regular subscription and a gift box. The regular sub came last Monday the gift came this Tuesday. So there was about a weeks difference - to the same address

Quote: Originally Posted by emmzk25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@brittann I also got my regular subscription and a gift box. The regular sub came last Monday the gift came this Tuesday. So there was about a weeks difference - to the same address
Thanks for letting me know! I called and they said it should be shipping out by today, but I haven't gotten any shipping info yet... I bet I will have to call again tomorrow to get them to actually ship it out. I guess we will see!

Get my box at the last day of Oct!!

I don't have the perfume (the green bottle) but instead is a soap. What? WHY? Anyone get the same box????

Quote: Originally Posted by cocoseattle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Get my box at the last day of Oct!!

I don't have the perfume (the green bottle) but instead is a soap. What? WHY? Anyone get the same box????
I haven't gotten my box yet. I hope mine doesn't get packed with the soap.

Quote: Originally Posted by kchan99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's Halloween today, but i don't want a trick or treat. I wrote a email to them and hope anyone can give me an answer

GB commented on FB that they gave some of the newer members soap instead of the perfume, which really means they ran out of the perfume.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GB commented on FB that they gave some of the newer members soap instead of the perfume, which really means they ran out of the perfume.
What does that mean? Welcome? or "come back when you grow up?"

Quote: Originally Posted by kchan99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't gotten mine either. 

If mine comes with soap, I think I'll call and complain to be honest. I was looking forward to the perfume.

Quote: Originally Posted by lindzebra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If mine comes with soap, I think I'll call and complain to be honest. I was looking forward to the perfume.
So between the perfume/soap swap and the folks who says ebates won't work if we use a coupon code, I have decided to not get this box. I have 2 bars of that soap from that one month already.

Dang... My account still shows it's in the "Packing" stage so I emailed them last night.  They said it'll finally ship NEXT week and they'll give me 200 points.  They also said they are of aware of these shipping issues and working to rectify them.

I was really looking forward to this box and even paid for a gift box for my sister. While I'd like the perfume, I'll be REALLY upset if I don't get a box or if it's missing the Tarte or Fresh item. The rest is gravy, but I really want those two items.

And...I live in California - so it takes a long time for their boxes to reach me. 

Feeling a little sads. Thank god for LMdB being so on it and awesome.

Tried the mascara for the first time yesterday. It is my new favorite mascara! It is AMAZING!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by donutbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sorry if this had already been asked but I'm on my phone & can't check. anyway, has anyone had issues with Ebates refusing to give you the $2.75? I've had to email them twice already & now they're blaming GB, saying that GB wont honor Ebates if any kind of discount was used (I tried to use them for my gift box!).
Under "Exclusions & Limitations" on the Ebates FAQ is this (italic, bold, and underlined for emphasis):

"Can I use special offers and coupons and still earn Ebates cash back reward?

In cooperation with our stores, we provide you with specials and coupons that you can combine with cash back for maximum savings. We provide you with an extensive list of store specials and coupons. Please refer to the Coupons & Specials page or the store search for these offers. If you choose to use coupons and specials that are not listed on Ebates, we cannot guarantee that you will be eligible to receive an Ebates cash back reward on your purchases.

Furthermore, please be advised that coupons and special offers listed on Ebates are subject to change. Restrictions may apply. Ebates tries to present the most accurate offers but cannot make guarantees due to the time-sensitive nature of these promotions."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to help you understand, Ebates is able to offer what they offer because they are the affiliate.  It's like how you get referral glossydots for getting someone else to sign up.  Well, Glossybox doesn't pay Ebates if you use a code that isn't offered by Ebates because then Glossybox doesn't feel like they needed Ebates to make the sale.  If Ebates doesn't get paid by Glossybox, they can't pay you.

I hope this makes sense.  In short, you basically have to pick the offers that Ebates lists and their cash back or the offer that Glossybox sends out, but using both is gambling on whether you're going to get your Ebates perks.

Under "Exclusions & Limitations" on the Ebates FAQ is this (italic, bold, and underlined for emphasis): "Can I use special offers and coupons and still earn Ebates cash back reward? In cooperation with our stores, we provide you with specials and coupons that you can combine with cash back for maximum savings. We provide you with an extensive list of store specials and coupons. Please refer to the Coupons & Specials page  or the store search for these offers. If you choose to use coupons and specials that are not listed on Ebates, we cannot guarantee that you will be eligible to receive an Ebates cash back reward on your purchases.

Furthermore, please be advised that coupons and special offers listed on Ebates are subject to change. Restrictions may apply. Ebates tries to present the most accurate offers but cannot make guarantees due to the time-sensitive nature of these promotions." ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just to help you understand, Ebates is able to offer what they offer because they are the affiliate.  It's like how you get referral glossydots for getting someone else to sign up.  Well, Glossybox doesn't pay Ebates if you use a code that isn't offered by Ebates because then Glossybox doesn't feel like they needed Ebates to make the sale.  If Ebates doesn't get paid by Glossybox, they can't pay you. I hope this makes sense.  In short, you basically have to pick the offers that Ebates lists and their cash back or the offer that Glossybox sends out, but using both is gambling on whether you're going to get your Ebates perks.
Ha that may be why I haven't gotten points for the computer I bought

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Tried the mascara for the first time yesterday. It is my new favorite mascara! It is AMAZING!!!

Oh my word, I AGREE @dousedingin I've used it every day since I received it...OBSESSED!
wub.gif
I love the brush design, how you can flip it to use the longer bristles or shorter ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my word, I AGREE @dousedingin I've used it every day since I received it...OBSESSED!
wub.gif
I love the brush design, how you can flip it to use the longer bristles or shorter ones.
Yeah, the design is great. I feel like a nerd because I read the enclosed instructions (as if I don't know how to use mascara... hahaha) and using the soft bristles, then finishing with the stiff bristles, really makes the mascara pop. I love it! And with the julep cleansing oil (omg way too obsessed with sub boxes) the mascara comes off SO EASILY!

I hadn't tried the mascara yet, but all these comments made me, at 9 PM, bust it out and toss is on.  All I can say is WOW.  I have such puny little lashes and I thought I was forever a They're Real girl, but this Tarte mascara has me rethinking my preference (although I actually am not a fan of the tubing on it).

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hadn't tried the mascara yet, but all these comments made me, at 9 PM, bust it out and toss is on.  All I can say is WOW.  I have such puny little lashes and I thought I was forever a They're Real girl, but this Tarte mascara has me rethinking my preference (although I actually am not a fan of the tubing on it).
The tubing is terrible. Lol but the effect is so awesome!

Back