Glossybox October 2013 (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay!  It's so nice that they've stepped up their customer service.  Now if they ever release a spoiler I want, I'll actually buy a box!
I've noticed this too! They totally stepped up the customer service and it's definitely appreciated and noticed. They helped me redeem my points for another October box to give for a friends birthday.

Is any one else not getting the surveys for this months box? They're not even showing up. I want my Glossydots damn it! Not that serious I know but I do want my Glossydots
wacko.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by KBanks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is any one else not getting the surveys for this months box? They're not even showing up. I want my Glossydots damn it! Not that serious I know but I do want my Glossydots
wacko.gif

If memory serves right the surveys for the previous months box do not post until the 10th-15th of the following month.  So October's surveys would be up around Nov 10-15.  I have not been subbed since June so maybe they have stepped their game up while I have been gone.  I only resubbed this month to cash in Glossydots.

Does anyone know if we still get to do surveys if we cancel before the surveys come out?  
fragez.gif
  I want to cancel before I get billed for the November box but would still like to get the glossydots from the surveys.

Quote: Originally Posted by lalamakeup26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know if we still get to do surveys if we cancel before the surveys come out?  
fragez.gif
  I want to cancel before I get billed for the November box but would still like to get the glossydots from the surveys.
Yes.  I cancelled in ealry July (after I got my June box) and was still able to complete the surveys.  Hope that helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by TheNewMrsRivers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't agree more. It's such a relief to come home from college classes with very annoying people to polite comments and helpful strangers! Sorry your date was cut short but perhaps it was for the best? Wishing you the best of luck next time!

I had a particularly bad trip to Sephora where I was tossed between employees and given the "ugh" look when I asked if I could try out a blush. I left thinking I would never go back before asking all the wonderful MUT ladies for advice first!
Thank you for your good thoughts!  I had someone act like that to me once in the NYC lower Manhattan Sephora, I light heartedly and politely asked for her name and then her manager's name... her attitude shifted like a race-car into customer service high gear within 2 second - it was priceless...

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Those chocolates are so delicious, the hubby gave me a box when we were dating and they didn't last too long. Good luck on future dates!
Thanks JC!  The cordials are highly addictive!  I really wanted to send some to AFG too, but the alcohol content made it unsuitable for sending to the troops.  Are you still in Germany?  I think the Anthon Bergs are made in Germany!

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The only thing better than chocolate is chocolate that gets you a little drunk! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry about the dating situation. My best friend and my mom are both doing the online dating thing, and they just can't seem to find a guy who isn't either super forward and pervy, or flakey, or they have serious baggage (i.e. wives that haven't been divorced yet, mental instability....). It sucks the most for my mom. She's 55 years old, been married and raised her kid, and now she just wants someone she can go see movies and sing Karaoke with, a companion. She's doesn't want to be married again, she's content in her life and her home with her animals (2 dogs, sometimes 4 when she babysits the neighbor dogs, and 3 cats), and she doesn't want to change any of that. She just wants a companion to do things with, and if it evolves into something else then that's great. I feel bad for her all the time though, because she'll start talking to a guy, and he'll seem really nice and she'll think she might actually like him, and then he'll start getting sexually inappropriate (which is her biggest turnoff), or they are super flakey and won't keep in touch consistently, or whatever the case may be. It bums me out because she then thinks its because they don't like her, and she can't figure out what she did wrong, and gets a little down on herself. I just have to keep telling her that there are A LOT of creepers on the net, but there are also a lot of good guys out there, they are just much harder to find than the creepers because they put themselves out there very aggressively. 
Such a good point!   The low barrier of entry in online dating and the anonymity factor just brings out the wors and most desperate traits.  I'm getting better at extracting myself when the conversation turns pervy.

I used to get offended then introspective, but now I just blurt a hearty laughter and change the subject or just shut down the conversation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love everything about this post.

Especially the part about chocolate liquor.

..and I'm totally ordering that. now.

ETA: I don't love the part about the guy.. But how you handled the situation? Well done. Noodles fix a LOT
smile.gif

Thanks Tiffany!  It's amazing how centering a bowl of hot steamy noodles can be, it's not going to try and tell you about it's sexual alter- ego or tell you that its an ice cream cone on sabatical.

I am still in Germany, Anton Bergs are sold every where over here specially for Christmas but  I think they are a Danish company. Its definitely not a good idea to send them to hot places, we have tried sending them over the summer and the liquor doesn't survive the trip.

Quote: Originally Posted by lalamakeup26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fragez.gif
I've actually canceled a couple of times before the surveys came out and I wasn't able to complete them. However, I emailed customer service and they eventually comped me with 100 glossydots. Hopefully you won't have an issue, but if you do, they should at least give you your glossydots!

Quote: Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've actually canceled a couple of times before the surveys came out and I wasn't able to complete them. However, I emailed customer service and they eventually comped me with 100 glossydots. Hopefully you won't have an issue, but if you do, they should at least give you your glossydots!
I was wondering about this too, I don't want to keep this box for next month. But still wanted to get my points, thank you for letting us know .

Just logged into my account to get delivery time frame and my surveys for October are up.  FIlling those bad boys out right now!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just logged into my account to get delivery time frame and my surveys for October are up.  FIlling those bad boys out right now!

Already! I still haven't gotten my box! I'm going to be the last one
icon_cry.gif

I want to play with my mascara and pull it out in public restrooms so people will think I'm classy and such with my fancy packaging.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cry.gif

I want to play with my mascara and pull it out in public restrooms so people will think I'm classy and such with my fancy packaging.
Bahahaha I love it!  I have not got my box either (expected date is 10/29-10/31) so you may not be the last one!  I am so excited to try this.  I like Lights, Camera lashes, but I liked Lights, Camera, Splashes (the water proof version a lot better).  I am excited to see how they compare!  Maybe your box will be nice and show up tomorrow!  Positive box thoughts to you!

ETA: Laughing at the fancy packaging, not the fact you have no box!  It is late and waay past my bedtime!

Quote: Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Are there any codes lurking about for this month's box?
BODY to get a free Bodyography powder with your first box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cry.gif

HAHAHA

I did this already!! Kinda. I just got a "WTF is that?" from the hubs. 

Sigh...I have a love/hate relationship with Glossybox. I've been subscribed on and off since last year and the only thing that has been consistent is the fact that I never get my box on time. Uggggh.
icon_eek.gif
 I would REALLY love to get my October box before November!

This is my first month's box but my box is still on "pack" .... It's est. delivery time is 10/25 - 11/6. I am at west coat. I think it's impossible to get it at 11/6 as they haven't shipping out my box. (it often takes a week ship from east to west). T_T

I cannot believe that my box is still in "pack" mode.  Yes, I ordered this past week, but it isn't as if they have "pack" the box.  They have a box there made.  Just ship it already!! lol

This is my first month's box but my box is still on "pack" .... It's est. delivery time is 10/25 - 11/6. I am at west coat. I think it's impossible to get it at 11/6 as they haven't shipping out my box. (it often takes a week ship from east to west). T_T
So you know, my box was delivered before I even got a shipping notice!

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by cocoseattle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So you know, my box was delivered before I even got a shipping notice! Yes, and I got shipping one day and my box showed up the next! So it's very possible your box is well on its way to you by now, regardless of whether or not they've updated the site. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back