Glossybox October 2013 (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are lash extensions that prevalent??
Well, at least three people I personally know wear them, one of them is my sister. Her lashes look gorgeous!

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, at least three people I personally know wear them, one of them is my sister. Her lashes look gorgeous!

I'm an esthetician, and since it's a service I offer, I've found that I'm my own best advertisement :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok, so since there is no Glossybox swaps thread, I'm just going to put this here and hope I don't get in trouble. 
icon_redface.gif
 I'm DESPERATELY searching for a Sue Devitt Pressed Powder in Quiet and Still (August) to swap for. I've messaged several people, and I either get no response or they don't want to trade. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BOO!!! If ANYONE has one that they might be willing to swap with me (my trade list is in my sig), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me!! Normally I wouldn't post this here, but I'm desperate! 
Now I regret getting rid of mine. I want to know how it works because you want it so bad. lol  I can never use powders, my dry flaky face looks terrible with them.

Ok, so since there is no Glossybox swaps thread, I'm just going to put this here and hope I don't get in trouble. :icon_redf  I'm DESPERATELY searching for a Sue Devitt Pressed Powder in Quiet and Still (August) to swap for. I've messaged several people, and I either get no response or they don't want to trade. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BOO!!! If ANYONE has one that they might be willing to swap with me (my trade list is in my sig), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me!! Normally I wouldn't post this here, but I'm desperate! 
Found one! You guys ROCK!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Found one! You guys ROCK!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know I've been looking for a swap group from the September Glossybox too! I see you already found a Sue Devitt Quiet and Still but if you're interested in another one I have one and I won't ever be using it. It's way too light.

Tracy in customer service redeemed by dots when I had an inactive subscription when I messaged her on Facebook. We exchanged a series of FB messages and she said that she would make a one-time exception for me and redeem my dots without me being an active member.

Quote: Originally Posted by missemiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so since there is no Glossybox swaps thread, I'm just going to put this here and hope I don't get in trouble. 
icon_redface.gif
 I'm DESPERATELY searching for a Sue Devitt Pressed Powder in Quiet and Still (August) to swap for. I've messaged several people, and I either get no response or they don't want to trade.
frown.gif
BOO!!! If ANYONE has one that they might be willing to swap with me (my trade list is in my sig), PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me!! Normally I wouldn't post this here, but I'm desperate! 

Found one! You guys ROCK!!
smile.gif

Found one! You guys ROCK!!
smile.gif

I know I've been looking for a swap group from the September Glossybox too! I see you already found a Sue Devitt Quiet and Still but if you're interested in another one I have one and I won't ever be using it. It's way too light. If she isn't, I think I am! I didn't get it but I really want to try it!

Did anyone mention the coupon code? There is a coupon code for a free malin+goetz lip balm from using the coupon code "LIP"

I just used it and it was successful.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Now I regret getting rid of mine. I want to know how it works because you want it so bad. lol  I can never use powders, my dry flaky face looks terrible with them.
I LOVE it! I've never had a powder that doesn't make my face all chalky and dry looking either, but this stuff is amazing!! I apply moisturizer and MAC primer, and then the powder, and my face is sooooo smooth and perfect, and it doesn't feel overloaded with makeup, you know? It's feels very light. I also love it because I have yet to find ANYTHING that I can wear during the summer that doesn't make my face look like I rubbed fries all over it, and this is absolutely perfect. I love it so much I felt like I needed to lock down a backup. I hadn't used a powder that wasn't translucent in YEARS, but I have been converted. 

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If she isn't, I think I am! I didn't get it but I really want to try it!
DO IT! I really really love this stuff, you HAVE to try it! 

GB is really starting to irk me. My 3 month subscription expired after my September box & I decided that I didn't want to auto resub so I opted out and purchased the single Byrdie box. Today I received an email saying they were reinstating my 6 month sub for $115 on the 14th. I have never had a 6 month subscription & I've already opted out of the 3 month resub. SO, I responded to tell them not to charge me. A few hours later, I receive another email with the subject "Notice About Your Subscription CORRECTED" informing me that they were reinstating my 3 month subscription for $60...

HELLO! I just opted out a few weeks ago! What on earth is going on here? I will reactivate if and when I choose to do so on my own time. Their emails automatically go to my Promotions folder in gmail so if I hadn't checked by Sunday, I would have been screwed. I don't know what the deal is, but I'm going to get my payment info outta there & if they manage to charge me, they'll be getting a nice little chargeback. I like my boxes, but this is annoying. Sorry for the rant!

Quote: Originally Posted by alliemarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  GB is really starting to irk me. My 3 month subscription expired after my September box & I decided that I didn't want to auto resub so I opted out and purchased the single Byrdie box. Today I received an email saying they were reinstating my 6 month sub for $115 on the 14th. I have never had a 6 month subscription & I've already opted out of the 3 month resub. SO, I responded to tell them not to charge me. A few hours later, I receive another email with the subject "Notice About Your Subscription CORRECTED" informing me that they were reinstating my 3 month subscription for $60...

HELLO! I just opted out a few weeks ago! What on earth is going on here? I will reactivate if and when I choose to do so on my own time. Their emails automatically go to my Promotions folder in gmail so if I hadn't checked by Sunday, I would have been screwed. I don't know what the deal is, but I'm going to get my payment info outta there & if they manage to charge me, they'll be getting a nice little chargeback. I like my boxes, but this is annoying. Sorry for the rant!
It has always seemed to me that GB is a little shady when it comes to charging people and refunding money, etc..

SMH

Quote: Originally Posted by MissRoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by alliemarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It has always seemed to me that GB is a little shady when it comes to charging people and refunding money, etc..

SMH

I was double charged last month and I had to go through paypal to get my money back. They said they had already shipped the boxes meanwhile I didn't get a shipping email until a week later.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was double charged last month and I had to go through paypal to get my money back. They said they had already shipped the boxes meanwhile I didn't get a shipping email until a week later.
Good to know with all these things. Will keep a better eye on my account for GB charges!!

Thank you to @Ashitude for this tip!  I went in, reactivated my old monthly sub and as a payment option it had "pay with glossydots!"  I will of course be monitoring my credit card to make sure they do not charge me again.  I also hope they do not try and send a September box!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have used my dots 3 times. Everytime I went to my list of canceled monthly subs and reactivated it. It has always had one of the pay options as use glossydots. It is insane how vasty different the customer service reps can be with Glossybox.

Let the record show I have 3 freaking Sue Devitt powders and I don't wear powder. Although you're all sort of talking me into trying it.. hmmm. 

you're welcome! Definitely keep an eye on your card. They charged my PayPal account last time but they refunded it back immediately when I called.
Let the record show I have 3 freaking Sue Devitt powders and I don't wear powder. Although you're all sort of talking me into trying it.. hmmm. 
I sort of regret getting rid of mine. I was fine until all the enablers started talking about how great it is. lol

I tried the sue debit powder and really liked it BUT it was way too light for me. I hate that it's the wrong color because its a great product

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the sue debit powder and really liked it BUT it was way too light for me. I hate that it's the wrong color because its a great product
I find that it's a light for me too.

But using a brush, I lightly dust my nose with it where it's darker (sun and freckles) and shiney.  I find that due to it's lightness in color, just one stroke of the brush from either side of the nose covers perfectly in color and keeps things matt with maybe one blotting mid-day.  The powder is real fine so that you don't need a heavy application or any blending to create a smooth surface.

It's sorta like a more opaque finishing powder with very good absorbancy.  I found it too drying patted on cheeks with sponge but for a super quick 1 or 2 brush swipes - left and right - it is perfect then I'm out the door.  No foundation and powder routine required.

Love the stuff!!  

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I find that it's a light for me too.

But using a brush, I lightly dust my nose with it where it's darker (sun and freckles) and shiney.  I find that due to it's lightness in color, just one stroke of the brush from either side of the nose covers perfectly in color and keeps things matt with maybe one blotting mid-day.  The powder is real fine so that you don't need a heavy application or any blending to create a smooth surface.

It's sorta like a more opaque finishing powder with very good absorbancy.  I found it too drying patted on cheeks with sponge but for a super quick 1 or 2 brush swipes - left and right - it is perfect then I'm out the door.  No foundation and powder routine required.

Love the stuff!!  
RIght?! I thought it was too light at first too, but it blends out really nicely. And you really don't need a lot too get good coverage. I seriously want nothing to do with liquid foundation now. Moisturizer+MAC Skin Prep&Prime+Sue Devitt powder=the best my face has ever looked. Seriously. I use a powder pad (what ARE those called? The flat sponges that come in compacts, I've always just called them powder pads, haha), and then I just go over my whole face lightly with a kabuki brush to even it all out.

Latest posts

Back