Good & Bad Ebay Sellers (Make Up Stuff Only)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i buy my pigment samples only from sillyseahorse1589 cuz she only sells very generous 1/2 tsp. samples and tru colour also sells ver generous 1/2 tsp. amounts!!! i have bought tons from them!!

Originally Posted by MeMe Hi, am new here but I have a concern. You all compiling a list of good, bad and neutral sellers in theory is a good idea but it's not.
Why do I think this? Because the sellers that you have on the bad list and even neutral list can come across this board (as they do sell makeup so it's not a stretch) and they could file a suit for libel.

You should compile only a list of good sellers that you recommend as to not get in trouble. Since we, were not in the transaction we only have one side of the story and I don't think it's fair to label someone bad without having the whole story from both sides.

I understand your concern however, it seems sort of fishy that your first post seems to be this one. There are other places besides MUT that list good and bad sellers. All we are trying to do is spare one of the users from getting burned on a ebay transaction.

Originally Posted by Marisol I understand your concern however, it seems sort of fishy that your first post seems to be this one. There are other places besides MUT that list good and bad sellers. All we are trying to do is spare one of the users from getting burned on a ebay transaction. I don't know of any other place other than this one that I found online that has tips/suggestions/advice about makeup and skincare. What's so fishy about that? Furthurmore, by only recommended the "good" ones you are saving them from having a bad transaction with a "bad" one since you are only recommending the good one....

Another point. If, you continue to do this it's not skin off my nose (not litterally) but it could harm the very website your posting on that gives those great suggestions/advice/tips.

Just remember, everyone who has signed up here entered into a contract and agreed to this:

Although the administrators and moderators of MakeupTalk will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the registered user. The owners/admins/moderators of MakeupTalk are NOT, in any way, responsible for the expressions and/or opinions of registered users of MakeupTalk. Any user posting objectionable messages will be held responsible for the content of any message. This is a public website/forum where your ideas can be expressed. Opinions expressed are the views of the person posting the message and do not reflect the positions of any officer of MakeupTalk.com. We do not necessarily condone, endorse, support, encourage or agree with the comments, opinions of the message board posts/threads posted. MakeupTalk.com will NOT be held legally responsible for the materials posted by its participants(registered users).

HTH

Although the administrators and moderators of MakeupTalk will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the registered user. The owners/admins/moderators of MakeupTalk are NOT, in any way, responsible for the expressions and/or opinions of registered users of MakeupTalk. Any user posting objectionable messages will be held responsible for the content of any message. This is a public website/forum where your ideas can be expressed. Opinions expressed are the views of the person posting the message and do not reflect the positions of any officer of MakeupTalk.com. We do not necessarily condone, endorse, support, encourage or agree with the comments, opinions of the message board posts/threads posted. MakeupTalk.com will NOT be held legally responsible for the materials posted by its participants(registered users).

Hi, Tony am glad you posted. I understand that you made a contract with the posters that you will not be held liable. However, the sellers did not make a contract with you and therefore they may see it as you being involved. I don't know, I hope not. I finally found a place that seems really cool and I'd hate for something to happen now.

Wouldn't it just be better to name all the sellers that one would recommend? That way this site would not get in any trouble and neither would any of the posters and everyone that wanted to buy makeup/skincare or whatever else would only get referred to a good seller?

Hi MEME,

Isn't the name of this thread "Good and Bad"? (not just bad)

Beleive me, our site isn't the only website online mentioning bad(and good) ebay sellers. Heck, Ebay allows it themselves.

But, we DO appreciate your concern

Originally Posted by MeMe

Wouldn't it just be better to name all the sellers that one would recommend?

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hi MEME,
Isn't the name of this thread "Good and Bad"? (not just bad)

Beleive me, our site isn't the only website online mentioning bad(and good) ebay sellers. Heck, Ebay allows it themselves.

But, we DO appreciate your concern

Yes, it is. My suggestion would be to just post the good that way only the good would get the business and MUT and the posters wouldn't get in any trouble.
I tried...lol it's your site to do as you please. I'll stay out of it.

BTW, I love it here so much advice and suggestions and I do need lots of it. I'm just absorbing it all now.

Just curious here, but correct me if I'm wrong...

It isn't libel or slander if you're saying someone isn't a good eBay seller if their feedback on eBay can back that up, right? I mean, if someone only has 95.3% positive feedback from like 12578 people, that means out of those 12578 buyers, that about 591 people didn't have a positive experience. Which might not seem like a lot, but it can be. I think a lot of it comes down too to how well they communicate, whether they even have what they're listing, etc., etc.... Not to mention, I've seen sellers who had excellent feedback end up being banned from eBay... Just MHO there... Just as this list seems to be full of humble opinions... Not trying to start drama, but that's just my personal theory...

This is a great thread! I shop on eBay all the time and I'm always looking for good make-up sellers.
g.gif

I am posting my 2 cents for what it is worth. First in this day and age, anyone can sue the next anyone for anything. Reguardless of false or factual information.

However ... Ebay has it's own set of instructions and policies in which buyer and seller enter into, including the use of a rating system to help buyers and sellers with transactions in which they may buy and sell at their discretion based upon factual or false information the rating system may present at a given time. (it is opinion based if you read feedback of sellers and buyers)

Also, if (God forbid) someone were to persure a suit against MUT or the people on this forum, for allowing an opiniun to be posted OR to post their own opiniun. I think Tony or one of the mods would remove the thread and hence hopefully keep the peace.

I tend to think though ... many of the "bad" sellers, are in that area of the list because there has been a proven track record, from ebay, from MUT, from several of the other make up forums, etc (there is usally a common thread and them based on the number of people complianing about a particular seller) ... that they 1. know they have mis represented, mis informed, mislead, mis used or any of the other mis ... whatevers, that they know they can not hide. 2. They know they have earned the title 3. they also know negative feedback will travel 10 times faster than good <what are they gonna do go after every single make up forum, blog, etc out there? and there are lots>

Ebay is a chance. For both buyer and seller. Many of the sellers are not big conglomerates or corporations. Most are small shops trying to make extra money to make ends meet. Many are genuine and honest. Some that have the bad title, may have had a bad row (you can usually tell if something is occuring in their personal life... it will be great for quite awhile and then a fall.) these people usually let you know and try to work things out. Then there are the scammers trying to make a quick buck of well intenioned buyers.

Boils down to each persons right to an opinion and sharing that opinion.

(ps. I do not think <I could be wrong> but the "bad" list of sellers were not just 1 person saying they were bad ... it is more like several ... all about track record)

I vote for Cosmeticville for their kabukis, the mini rosewood is sooooo cute and good quality, dense and soft also love their Ultra Fine KOLINSKY SABLE LINER Cake Eyeliner Brush, does do the job for my small small eyes!I use it for my MAC fluidlines.

search for "cosmeticville" for their ebay store, also new online store just opened. BTW, fast shipping and good service.

I vote for j.jhimford they sell brushes at very good price.

Like this thread very much. I buy many things from ebay and I think it's very usefull have somewhere you can get opinions from other buyers

good sellers:

breinnc: bb shimmer eye khol palette

gray*girl: for nars blushes

singing_pierre_shop: for guerlain, lancome, lauder cosmetics

The best seller for me on ebay is Jewlz4ever and Tankist1

The prices are reasonable and the shipping discounts are amazing!

Good full size products as well.. Never had a problem with any of em.

I adore buying from pelicansnelly. She has 959 feedback and a rating of 100%! She sells a lot of hard to find and unusual lip balms from Bonne Bell, Lotta Luv, Ben and Jerry's and the like but she also sells Dessert products. Purchased from her twice and both times everything was in fabulous condition and packed really well. She also gave me freebies each time. This time was a free mini dessert treats lipgloss (still in plastic wrap).

-- Lissi

hey ladies, im pretty much new here.

duno if im posting this in the right forum,or i should make up a new thread

but could anyone suggest me a legit ebay'er that sells Bare Escentuals [i.D].

maybe the whole set?

thanks -=]

Bump!

What a strange thing, kanachan stopped selling samples and made her feedback private. I wonder what might have happened.

Back