Goodies.Co May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box 5 today. I'm pretty impressed! The sour straws and the coconut water are big sizes, and everything else is a decent sample size. Plus there are coupons for the tea and the Wholly Guacamole stuff.

I just signed up for Goodies. I can't wait to get my first box...and neither can my son. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> He loves the idea of testing new food products and wants to review them on YouTube. He is only 9 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought that was cute.

I got box 4 on Friday.

Pretty similar to everything else.

The site says I should have gotten chocolate coconut water, but mine is plain.
Other stuff I got: The olive oil packets, sour straws (1 strawberry/1 assorted), roasted raspberry chipotle sauce, the numi mint tea w/coupon, bean chips in nacho cheese, sea salt pumpkin seeds, and the wholly guacamole coupon w/chip clip.

So did anyone get chocolate coconut water? The site says I should have, but mine is plain. Wondering if I should do something about that...

Originally Posted by mallomar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So did anyone get chocolate coconut water? The site says I should have, but mine is plain. Wondering if I should do something about that...
Mine says it should be chocolate but it was plain as well. I didn't even notice it said chocolate on the site until you pointed it out...bummer! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just checked and the site says mine should have been chocolate also but it was plain. I'm going to drop them an email in the morning just to see what their CS says.  I would have LOVED to try the chocolate. 

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So jealous of your sour straws! I got blue raspberry and strawberry lemonade but I would have much preferred your flavors.

There are a few reason the fats in nuts are healthy; I assume seeds are the same way. One, nuts increase metabolism. Two, nuts are extra filling. Three, the fats in nuts are not absorbed properly, so much of the "bad stuff" is excreted in, um...other ways.

THANK YOU FOR THE OLIVE OIL IDEA! I don't really use it when I cook so I'm so happy to have another use!! Brilliant!
Ooh, thanks so much for the info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with using things in my kitchen as beauty products so that was literally my first thought when I saw those!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wholly also makes really great salsas (including flavors like salsa verde, mango, and pineapple) and good queso, so even if you don't like guac, they might make something you like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And yeah, as for those little olive oil packets, I figured they are the perfect size to use to make little pots of lip scrubs (mixing with some honey and sugar).
I guess when I saw the coupon and the name of the brand I figured they only sold guac. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And that's actually a great idea, I always end up putting too much oil in my lip scrubs so the packets would work out great. So glad they included two packets.

i'm actually glad I didn't get it then bc it's a chocolate lover's world out there and I'm outnumbered! mine did come heavily dusty though which was kinda strange. i still much prefer the naked brand to any other coconut water - its the least sweet and most like the fresh kind.

Originally Posted by HayleeAstley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess when I saw the coupon and the name of the brand I figured they only sold guac. Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And that's actually a great idea, I always end up putting too much oil in my lip scrubs so the packets would work out great. So glad they included two packets.
i've been having trouble finding the brand anywhere but i know they sell other things. i feel like i used to see it everywhere but now when I want it I can't find it anywhere.

you all made me go check too hahah and sure enough, mine says chocolate (which I would have preferred) I'm kind of scared to try this water anyway because the first time I tried coconut water (different brand) I hated it, it was nasty.

The white bean chips are soooooooooo bland and not quite crunchy enough with weird aftertaste. No, thank you.

Everything else? AMAZEBALLZ 
claps.gif

P.S. I got box 5.

What is everyone doing with the roasted raspberry chipotle sauce (and the other flavors too - mango, etc)?

I don't know how to use it. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I should mention that I'm a vegetarian.

What is everyone doing with the roasted raspberry chipotle sauce (and the other flavors too - mango, etc)?

I don't know how to use it. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I should mention that I'm a vegetarian.
Try it on a mushroom burger? Oooh now I want to do that. I was gonna put it over fish, but that sounds good.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those who are leery of the coconut water, add chocolate to it. It tastes wayy better. And I hate plain coconut water
you can also just useit in a smoothie, better yet purree or chop some fruit and I bet it would be a good popsicle

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you all made me go check too hahah and sure enough, mine says chocolate (which I would have preferred) I'm kind of scared to try this water anyway because the first time I tried coconut water (different brand) I hated it, it was nasty.
I'm scared too!I don't remember what brand it was but I didn't like it...at all. I was also supposed to get choc. 

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm scared too!I don't remember what brand it was but I didn't like it...at all. I was also supposed to get choc. 
Just keep in mind that it won't be sweet. It is cool and refreshing and hydrating but it has more of the "nutty" savory coconut flavor than the sweet dessert coconut flavor. I think many ppl expect coconut to taste sweet when it isn't very sweet naturally. If you have ever eaten a real coconut you will understand the flavor to expect. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Take a spoon to it? LOL I love it-- it tastes delicious. Try pairing it with grilled veggies, very lightly drizzle it on. Try using it to make a salad dressing with the olive oil we got and a red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. 

Originally Posted by mindcaviar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by mallomar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Take a spoon to it? LOL I love it-- it tastes delicious. Try pairing it with grilled veggies, very lightly drizzle it on. Try using it to make a salad dressing with the olive oil we got and a red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. 

I know this won't help you much as a vegetarian, but... I made meatloaf tonight and used the raspberry chipotle sauce instead of ketchup.  It was AMAZING.  having it spread throughout the dish mellowed it out, but there was still a little bit of sweet n spicy flavor.  

Ok, with veggies... I definitely like the idea of a salad dressing (good idea, mindcaviar!), or use it on baked potatoes, in pasta salad, anything that would be enhanced with both fruit and spice.  

Back