Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone! I just wanted to post a warning! Earlier in this thread I recommended the seller CostSell from Amazon to buy BB cream and other Asian beauty products. Yes the shipping is fast and products are authentic from my knowledge. However, very poor customer service! I received a rancid cream, and wanted to exchange it. He basically called me a liar by saying that they don't sell old product so they won't exchange it simply because a customer does not like it or that it doesn't work for them. Hello!!! I didn't say I don't like it. It's stinkin defective. Anyway, I have the emails saved and I'm usually soft spoken, but he really pushed my buttons. Anyway, Im just spreading the word here as I feel I should since I posted good things about this seller before. Their feedback is good until you have a problem with your order. Seems he doesn't follow his own refund policy. Thanks for reading :)
Man, what a bummer! Sorry to hear about that.

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post a warning! Earlier in this thread I recommended the seller CostSell from Amazon to buy BB cream and other Asian beauty products. Yes the shipping is fast and products are authentic from my knowledge. However, very poor customer service!

I received a rancid cream, and wanted to exchange it. He basically called me a liar by saying that they don't sell old product so they won't exchange it simply because a customer does not like it or that it doesn't work for them. Hello!!! I didn't say I don't like it. It's stinkin defective. Anyway, I have the emails saved and I'm usually soft spoken, but he really pushed my buttons.

Anyway, Im just spreading the word here as I feel I should since I posted good things about this seller before. Their feedback is good until you have a problem with your order. Seems he doesn't follow his own refund policy.

Thanks for reading :)
That sucks, I bought a BB cream from SeoulGlamour and they sent me the wrong shade, I emailed them about it and they told me to keep the wrong one and that they were sending the correct shade. I'm still waiting but it's only been a week and they ship from Korea.

Update, after a full 15 days of waiting for a reply from birchbox about the fact that I had been waiting 2 weeks for my replacement Dr. Jarts+ I got a reply. Supposedly they have been shipped out and should be in my care soon, I will believe it when I see it, at this point I would just rather have the points!

Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post a warning! Earlier in this thread I recommended the seller CostSell from Amazon to buy BB cream and other Asian beauty products. Yes the shipping is fast and products are authentic from my knowledge. However, very poor customer service!

I received a rancid cream, and wanted to exchange it. He basically called me a liar by saying that they don't sell old product so they won't exchange it simply because a customer does not like it or that it doesn't work for them. Hello!!! I didn't say I don't like it. It's stinkin defective. Anyway, I have the emails saved and I'm usually soft spoken, but he really pushed my buttons.

Anyway, Im just spreading the word here as I feel I should since I posted good things about this seller before. Their feedback is good until you have a problem with your order. Seems he doesn't follow his own refund policy.

Thanks for reading :)
Make sure to file a complaint with Amazon and your payment method. It'll force the seller to do something.

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sucks, I bought a BB cream from SeoulGlamour and they sent me the wrong shade, I emailed them about it and they told me to keep the wrong one and that they were sending the correct shade. I'm still waiting but it's only been a week and they ship from Korea.
I'm sorry to hear that about CostSell. I also ordered from SeoulGlamour (because of the good reviews) and they sent the products very fast! Everything was packed nicely and they also included a bunch of other samples to try (probably because I ordered 4 BB creams for the whole family..
biggrin.gif
)!

Generally I am very satisfied.. I tried every way that I knew to test if they are genuine and the look like they are, and they are all fresh and expiring in more than 2 years from now! So I do recommend this seller!

I believe I ordered my Skin79 kit from SeoulGlamour last year but I'd have to double check.

Glad to hear the good stuff about SeoulGlamour. I wound up ordering from Pink Gelee and my stuff arrived ten days before Amazon expected it to!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used SeoulGlamour as well! No issues at all and package came way earlier than expected!
I've been wanting to try some genuine Asian BB cream! Any suggestions on a good one for a fair-to-light complexion with a lot of pink undertone?

I know skin79 makes a sampler pack with 4 tubes to try out..missha seems to be another popular brand. Do you live near any major Asian mega markets? There may be a little cosmetic store/botique..I'm actually happy with the Dr. Jarts; the color is pretty nice on me. If course, I warm it up with bronzer lol.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been wanting to try some genuine Asian BB cream! Any suggestions on a good one for a fair-to-light complexion with a lot of pink undertone?

I found an Asian Market right down the freeway from where I work, so I think I will go check it out and see if anyone can help me find a BB cream that will work for my skin tone. So excited! I really like the Dr. Jart + Premium, BUT its just a little too white on me. I have to mix it with primer/tinted moisturizer so it can match my skin tone, which is kind of a hassle. I love the finish however, it makes my skin flawless.

I know skin79 makes a sampler pack with 4 tubes to try out..missha seems to be another popular brand. Do you live near any major Asian mega markets? There may be a little cosmetic store/botique..I'm actually happy with the Dr. Jarts; the color is pretty nice on me. If course, I warm it up with bronzer lol.
I'm in a mixed-Asian neighborhood that's predominately Indian, so the East-Asian stores around me are more geared to food and DVD's for a college-student clientele than imported toiletries. However, if you ever want bindis, henna or hair oils (I mean highly-scented, deep-coonditioning treatments--the jasmine hair oil from India is heavenly, but DH is highly allergic) I'm swimming in them five doors down!

The Indian store around the corner does have great face scrubs though. They come in these generously-sized boxes and are made of natural ingredients, often citrus peel so they smell fabulous. You mix them with water, slather them on, scrub in circles a bit and leave it on until it dries so they end up a great firming mask as well as an exfoliant.

Quote:Originally Posted by Pellen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update, after a full 15 days of waiting for a reply from birchbox about the fact that I had been waiting 2 weeks for my replacement Dr. Jarts+ I got a reply. Supposedly they have been shipped out and should be in my care soon, I will believe it when I see it, at this point I would just rather have the points!

I'm on the same bandwagon as you. Its been 2 weeks since they said they would send me a replacement of the Dr Jart's and I still haven't received anything! I even got my June BB delivery! What the heck is happening? I thought I was the only one, guess not!

FYI, the Skin79 sampler packs (there are two, a pink and a black) have 3 duplicates between them, so I don't recommend getting both :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by o0jeany0o /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I may have to try them next time even if the wait is longer. That was nice that they are sending yo another one.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make sure to file a complaint with Amazon and your payment method. It'll force the seller to do something.

Yeah I'm currently trying to figure out how to file the complaint with Amazon. I'm hoping they will do something, but not sure since the seller shipped the product and not Amazon. I don't always complain, but to outright call me a liar is not acceptable. I told told him "Excuse me, but you were not here when I opened the bottle and smelled it." This was actually a birthday present for my mother and she can't even use it. 

I'm in a mixed-Asian neighborhood that's predominately Indian, so the East-Asian stores around me are more geared to food and DVD's for a college-student clientele than imported toiletries. However, if you ever want bindis, henna or hair oils (I mean highly-scented, deep-coonditioning treatments--the jasmine hair oil from India is heavenly, but DH is highly allergic) I'm swimming in them five doors down! The Indian store around the corner does have great face scrubs though. They come in these generously-sized boxes and are made of natural ingredients, often citrus peel so they smell fabulous. You mix them with water, slather them on, scrub in circles a bit and leave it on until it dries so they end up a great firming mask as well as an exfoliant.
I may have to try and find an Indian store around here somewhere!

I just got my Dr. Jarts+ replacement product today. They sent me 2 tubes that are very much so full. The packaging has changed a little bit though...

The Original Tube, with.06 foz.                                                    Two new tubes, new design. .33 oz each.

The packaging is different because it should a different Dr. Jart+ product unless your camera is not picking up the color correctly in your photo. If it's the latter then different size amounts of products the sample containers tend to be different that's all. If the tube is indeed gold then it should be the Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++. I know it says SPF25 but it's odd that the 25 would be in the same color as the 45. It's weird.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The packaging is different because it should a different Dr. Jart+ product unless your camera is not picking up the color correctly in your photo. If it's the latter then different size amounts of products the sample containers tend to be different that's all. If the tube is indeed gold then it should be the Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++. I know it says SPF25 but it's odd that the 25 would be in the same color as the 45. It's weird.

Actually according to her image, it's the water fuse which is the aqua colored bottle. Maybe BB got a hold of different samples from Dr.Jart since people were having all these issues.

Back