Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I bought a year subscription. Really the savings isn't much, but offer a "discount" and I'm a sucker for it. Now I wonder whether I'll be happy with it. I probably should just enjoy what they send, of course I knew some products I wouldn't like or want, that's just normal, not everyone will like/want everything..anyhow is there any way for me to terminate a year subscription and get a refund for the unused months, or am I stuck with it now..

Has anyone gotten a year subscription and thought it wasn't worth it? or thought it was?

I think I'm going to put this post on a new thread, as its not really related to May's box..

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For some reason I bought a year subscription. Really the savings isn't much, but offer a "discount" and I'm a sucker for it. Now I wonder whether I'll be happy with it. I probably should just enjoy what they send, of course I knew some products I wouldn't like or want, that's just normal, not everyone will like/want everything..anyhow is there any way for me to terminate a year subscription and get a refund for the unused months, or am I stuck with it now..

Has anyone gotten a year subscription and thought it wasn't worth it? or thought it was?

I think I'm going to put this post on a new thread, as its not really related to May's box..
Its always worth it to ask. My friend got a refund on a 3 month subscription because her mom HATED it. Just ask them.

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Techinically no, according to their terms, you cannot get a refund on a yearly sub, but yeah...can't hurt to ask.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed them about my empty tube and five days later they wrote back saying they would send another along with shipping confirmation. 10 days later I emailed them back about not getting the item OR shipping confirmation and two days later (their normal) they wrote back saying I won't get a shipping notice and she could confirm my BB was on its way. It's been a few days and I still don't have it. I like birchbox but this has been disappointing. At this point I would rather just have bonus points or something.
I totally agree! The same thing happened to me for my FIRST BB. I emailed them and they got back to me a week later basically stating they'll send me another one but no further info.  I'd much MUCH rather have points. Boo birchbox! I feel this is gonna be a very short, mediocre relationship.

I thought I read that you can cancel a year subscription as long as it's within the first month.

Hey guys! I have a question! Has anyone actually gotten their 3-month discount coupon? This will be my 4th box and I am yet to receive any type of coupon or discount code... Should I call?

By the way I have had better luck with leaving a voicemail than I have with e-mailing.  Ive only had to do each one time but I got a response much faster with voicemail than with e-mail!

xX

Funny, isn't it, how the products we thought we'd like we tend to hate and vice-versa?   I wasn't a fan of the Stila eyeliner I recieved, but loved the Ojon Shampoo and the Miracle Skin transformer!

I got a 3 month discount code, maybe it went to your spam folder? I would contact them about it no matter what because the codes only work for a few days.

BB has not responded to my email follow up from June 1 so I called them today. I explained that I had not received my Dr. Jart replacement, as promised from a previous email. She asked for my email address and she found my emails. After 10 minutes on hold I finally received a tracking number. If you are still waiting for your Dr. Jart replacement you may want to call them at the 800 number from the website.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BB has not responded to my email follow up from June 1 so I called them today. I explained that I had not received my Dr. Jart replacement, as promised from a previous email. She asked for my email address and she found my emails. After 10 minutes on hold I finally received a tracking number. If you are still waiting for your Dr. Jart replacement you may want to call them at the 800 number from the website.
Thanks for the reminder, it has been 2 weeks since I got my email about them shipping out my replacements. I emailed them again so we shall see where that goes.

I'm loving the Ojon damage reverse Restorative Conditioner that I received in the box, purchased the full size w/ my points. 

Originally Posted by lovesmakeup2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm loving the Ojon damage reverse Restorative Conditioner that I received in the box, purchased the full size w/ my points. 
I'm loving it as well. Makes your hair really silky. QVC had the volumizing on a TSV the other day, now I kinda regret not getting it.

I ordered a gift subscription for my mom for Mothers Day. When she received her May box it wasn't a gossip girl box. Has this happened to anyone else? I subscribed at the same time and received the gossip girl box. My mom and I even got our BB within days apart. I am really disappointed that she didn't get one of the promotional boxes as well. I see that people are already receiving their June boxes. I haven't received any type of confirmation email for this months box nor does it show any indication on BB site in my account that it has been sent. This is only my second box so I'm still new to all of this. Toni

Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a gift subscription for my mom for Mothers Day. When she received her May box it wasn't a gossip girl box. Has this happened to anyone else? I subscribed at the same time and received the gossip girl box. My mom and I even got our BB within days apart. I am really disappointed that she didn't get one of the promotional boxes as well.

I see that people are already receiving their June boxes. I haven't received any type of confirmation email for this months box nor does it show any indication on BB site in my account that it has been sent. This is only my second box so I'm still new to all of this.

Toni
I got my welcome box in May for my gift subscription as well as a gossip girl box. Even though the welcome box wasn't a gg box I got products that were in other people's gg boxes. I got:

Ojon damage reverse Restorative Conditioner (I got this in my gg box)

Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray (I got this in my gg box)

beautyblender blendercleanser (this was in other gg boxes)

Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap (this was in other gg boxes)

Tea Forte skin smart tea: Cucumber Mint, Honey Yuzu, Cherry Marzipan (I am glad I got sent tea instead of the notecard)

The welcome box sounds like the same stuff that my mom got. I asked her what she got and in my opinion it actually is just as nice. My subscription was new and got the GG box and no welcome box. Were you charged for two boxes?

I was only charged for my gg box, the welcome box was a free with my 3 month gift sub that I bought. I actually plan on buying more gift subs every couple of months because I like the surprise of the welcome box.

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post a warning! Earlier in this thread I recommended the seller CostSell from Amazon to buy BB cream and other Asian beauty products. Yes the shipping is fast and products are authentic from my knowledge. However, very poor customer service!

I received a rancid cream, and wanted to exchange it. He basically called me a liar by saying that they don't sell old product so they won't exchange it simply because a customer does not like it or that it doesn't work for them. Hello!!! I didn't say I don't like it. It's stinkin defective. Anyway, I have the emails saved and I'm usually soft spoken, but he really pushed my buttons.

Anyway, Im just spreading the word here as I feel I should since I posted good things about this seller before. Their feedback is good until you have a problem with your order. Seems he doesn't follow his own refund policy.

Thanks for reading :)

Back