Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've only used the stila rock candy to line my top lid, not my bottom lid. i haven't had issues with it coming off during the day, but it does come of in "pieces" all over my face when i use my make up remover. no issues with it stinging my eyes or lids and i've worn it a few times.

Originally Posted by Becca8093 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did the Stila liner sting anyone else's eyes? I love the color (rock candy), but not sure I'll really use it now.
Yes! It was awful...and the stinging led to me getting even more in my eyes. Maybe we just have sensitive eyes?

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! It was awful...and the stinging led to me getting even more in my eyes. Maybe we just have sensitive eyes?
Totally possible!  It stopped stinging after a couple of minutes and I only used it on my upper lash line. I would never put it on my lower lash line!

And like others have said, it came off in pieces which made it a little more difficult to avoid getting in my eyes.

For the record- I have the blue one and the black one (wearing the blue one now) and I havent had any problems.

If you have sensitive eyes, paint the ends of your lashes with Stila liner.  I have it in Flash and did that and it added such a pretty pop of color over the mascara.  That way, it won't touch your skin and cause burning and you can still use it. I don't have sensitive eyes and mine didn't burn, but I can't draw a straight line with a liquid liner to save my life so I played with it and I really liked the end result of painting the tips of my lashes.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have sensitive eyes, paint the ends of your lashes with Stila liner.  I have it in Flash and did that and it added such a pretty pop of color over the mascara.  That way, it won't touch your skin and cause burning and you can still use it. I don't have sensitive eyes and mine didn't burn, but I can't draw a straight line with a liquid liner to save my life so I played with it and I really liked the end result of painting the tips of my lashes.
After 3 or 4 months of using eye liner, I can finally do it! It seriously took me that long before I could do it without messing it up

I love the thick shadow pencils to use on my eyes because they are so forgiving and you don't have to draw a straight line.  I've been lazy like that for years and I've never bothered to try anything else.  I love the Stila, but it looks like it was drawn on by my 2 year old, lol. I'll keep practicing.

I am terrible at eyeliner all around. I absolutely hate sticking things in my eye so the bottom never works for me and I have problems with the top. Haven't gotten brave enough yet to try the liquid from Stila, in fact I bought a cheapy liquid from Dollar General last night to practice with.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is a good tip! I bet it looked really pretty

My trick to perfect liquid liner is I hold it with my pinky sticking out, which I use to anchor my hand by pressing it firmly into my cheek, if that makes sense.  It steadies my hand, I'm a nonstop coffee drinker so my hands get the jitters.  

Originally Posted by Becca8093 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did the Stila liner sting anyone else's eyes? I love the color (rock candy), but not sure I'll really use it now.
I find it a little irritating, especially as the day goes on. I think it's the glitter flecks causing it, so I probably won't buy this liner. Plus I think the pen is a little too soft and long which doesn't make for the best application in my opinion. 

BirchBox continues to disappoint - I still have not received my replacement Dr. Jart BB Cream. I emailed them again. Anyone else still waiting on theirs or am I just BirchBox Cursed?

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BirchBox continues to disappoint - I still have not received my replacement Dr. Jart BB Cream. I emailed them again. Anyone else still waiting on theirs or am I just BirchBox Cursed?
I am waiting as well.

I emailed them about my empty tube and five days later they wrote back saying they would send another along with shipping confirmation. 10 days later I emailed them back about not getting the item OR shipping confirmation and two days later (their normal) they wrote back saying I won't get a shipping notice and she could confirm my BB was on its way. It's been a few days and I still don't have it. I like birchbox but this has been disappointing. At this point I would rather just have bonus points or something.

What? Are you serious, I'm not the only one that got an empty tube? Unbelievable. Apparently a lot of people had empty bottles! It took me a long time to get my replacement bottles. I had given up on them!

Regarding the Dr. Jart BB sample, I contacted BirchBox Ops through twitter, and they emailed immediately saying they will send a replacement along with the shipping confirmation. A week went by so I emailed them to follow up. Again, I got an immediate response that they will check with shipping. That was a week ago. I'm tempted to email them again and just tell them I don't want the damn thing.

Latest posts

Back