Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Feels like you're missing out on a ton of products to try when everyone is getting that many different things.

That being said, I don't actually think they will cut down. Just due to the fact that they have so many subscribers now. It's probably easier to get a few of several samples vs getting a ton of the same samples.

Originally Posted by akicowi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That being said, I don't actually think they will cut down. Just due to the fact that they have so many subscribers now. It's probably easier to get a few of several samples vs getting a ton of the same samples.
I have that feeling (more companies, fewer samples from each, more box variations) as well, but, on the other hand, this is going to be a very high-profile box that companies are likely going to really, really *want* to be in, so it might be easier to convince them to send larger numbers of samples.  It's kind of like Super Bowl or back-to-school advertising:  Magazines and networks can charge more for ad placements because more people are going to be seeing them.  It might be easier to tell companies that they must pony up a certain larger number of samples in order to get in the boxes so Birchbox doesn't have to deal with as many variations as they did this month.  Birchbox is really going to want to have these boxes be super-spiffy because a lot of people are jumping on board solely because of the association with the show, so I have a feeling they will be solid.

(Having said that, I think I'm going to predict twenty box variations.  More than the Rowley box, fewer than the April box.  I wouldn't be surprised to see more than even in April, though, because I can also see this as Birchbox's way of securing more stuff in the future:  Sure, New Brand, we'll include you in a certain smallish number of _Gossip Girl_ boxes, but then you have to commit to providing us samples for three future months.  Then they would have even more box variations for May because of even more samples to choose from when assembling the boxes since they just secured, say, a dozen new brands for future boxes.  Yeesh, I'm a procurement nerd.  I would *love* to be part of that team!  The contracts could be *fascinating*.)

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had 3 accounts, but canceled one before I knew about the Gossip GIrl boxes.  I might have to sign up for the 3rd account for one more month. 
 Yay! I'm on the waiting list for a third box so hopefully I will be able to sign up in time for the special GG Box.

Do you think the boxes will be like the Teen Vogue boxes/atleast have a full sized item?

I want to get a second box, but I don't really want to get a second box, to get just samples.

I think it's possible there will be at least one full size item in the boxes... hopefully mascara... but it's highly possible there won't be.

That would be freakin awesome if it was a mascara.  That is the one makeup that I am love with.  I am going to dream of having a full size of mascara in my BB now.  hehehe
sleeping.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's possible there will be at least one full size item in the boxes... hopefully mascara... but it's highly possible there won't be.

Oh my gosh I want those so bad now. I just used all my points to purchase Zoya polishes from BB. I got 10 polishes and paid absolutely nothing.... Now Zoya is doing to Earth Day polish exchange promotion and I got 14 more. I don't know if I can justify anymore nail polish to hubs this month
blink.gif

They will be on sale at BB shop for $22. I know I wont use the orange one so I dont think I will get this. 

omg, I LOVE those colors. I think I'll have enough BB points to get them for free(or maybe a couple of dollars) that's awesome!!

.... I caved, and now I'm praying that they open subscriptions in time for a 2nd box for May (slowly losing hope though =/ ). I have high hopes for this box, and with the luxury of being able to transfer points... I'll be getting closer to my Clarisonic Mia every month!

If you registered for another box via the Birchbox and Gossip Girl promotion link didn't it say you are guaranteed a box? Also, I wonder if they are shipping early this time since the GG finale is so soon and if all the boxes don't ship until the 10th there is no way we'll get them by the 14th.

Oh my gosh I want those so bad now. I just used all my points to purchase Zoya polishes from BB. I got 10 polishes and paid absolutely nothing.... Now Zoya is doing to Earth Day polish exchange promotion and I got 14 more. I don't know if I can justify anymore nail polish to hubs this month
blink.gif
They're available now! Just got my email and rushed to buy them! And don't feel bad for getting these too...I just bought 18 during their earth day promo and now these :rolleyes: I feel a little better since I had a 20% off code (first month with BB) and also got the Joeur moisture tint.

Just saw some exciting info on BB's tumblr blog!

OMFG! Dior and Ojon Spotted in May's "Gossip Girl" Birchbox
tumblr_m2u3s41OJp1qboqbv.jpg

If you’ve been following this blog, you know that we’re big “Gossip Girl†fans. Beyond our borderline obsession with Serena’s hair, we also love the show’s high-stepping fashion and beauty looks. Which is why we’re so excited to be teaming up with “Gossip Girl†for our May Birchbox. We worked with the show’s genius grooming team to pick out glam beauty and lifestyle samples from brands like Ojon, Dior, and stila. And that’s not all—the boxes are themed according to four very GG-style events, from a glitzy black tie ball to a chi-chi Hamptons beach party. Even if your social calendar (like ours) trends more toward backyard barbecues and supper clubs, we know you’ll L-O-V-E this collection. We’ll also have plenty of exclusive content, from an interview with “Gossip Girl†executive producer Stephanie Savage to video tutorials with the show’s grooming team.

If you’re already Birchbox subscriber, you’re all set but can still refer friends! If you’re not a member, you still have time to join. Go here to sign up.

While you’re waiting on your box, catch up on all our Gossip Girl coverage on the Birchbox Blog.

© and TM 2012 WBEI

My 2 beauty profiles are completely different now, so heres to hoping for 2 different GG boxes!!

Latest posts

Back