Hammock Pack

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved my first box! I was doing a Try one month since I am trying tons (22 this month) to review but I really want to sign up for a longer subscription now since this one was so fun... and delicious!

These were amazing! And I don't usually like coconut!

I cancelled my subscription after I received their April Box today (this was my first box).  I'm pretty disappointed, the last two previous boxes seemed really nice -- this just didn't live up to my expectations 
icon_cry.gif

1. Nibnaks (chewy, semi-dried pineapple, mango & banana fruit snacks)
2. Cardamom (mini shortbread cookies)
3. PeopleTowels (hand towel)
4. Restore (mini lavendar & cypress bar of soap)
5. DoubleDutch - The Romona (caramel, honey, peanuts mini candy bar)
6. Awesome Bars (a cranberry granola bar)
  *For $30, I could afford much more alternative healthy snacks than the ones featured in this box.  While I do appreciate that many of them are hand-crafted -- I just can't afford this with my budget.

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled my subscription after I received their April Box today (this was my first box).  I'm pretty disappointed, the last two previous boxes seemed really nice -- this just didn't live up to my expectations 
icon_cry.gif

1. Nibnaks (chewy, semi-dried pineapple, mango & banana fruit snacks)
2. Cardamom (mini shortbread cookies)
3. PeopleTowels (hand towel)
4. Restore (mini lavendar & cypress bar of soap)
5. DoubleDutch - The Romona (caramel, honey, peanuts mini candy bar)
6. Awesome Bars (a cranberry granola bar)
  *For $30, I could afford much more alternative healthy snacks than the ones featured in this box.  While I do appreciate that many of them are hand-crafted -- I just can't afford this with my budget.
I get my box today! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Couldn't help but look at what you got. I actually like this stuff a lot! I'll subscribe for another month.

I love that towel! The only other thing I'd probably use is the shortbread cookies though. I think I'm way too picky food wise for this box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was hoping to subscribe again for May but now I'm not sure.

I did the try one this month as well. I was pretty happy with it, but it does seem a little over priced. On the other hand, I've actually purchased those shortbread cookies before and they aren't cheap:) Overall, I think I got the value out I put into it, and I'll enjoy everything that was in the box. This one in particular reminded me of the old foodzie boxes which I sorely miss. Joyus took them down the drain. Boo!

I loved my box! It is a pricier box but I actually like the stuff! I get a bunch of boxes that have great value but crappy stuff- I'd much rather get awesome stuff for what I pay- I priced the items in my review and it ends up being about the cost of the box- more if you don't count shipping. 

I think I'm gonna sing up for a longer sub with them but I'm still deciding... That candy bar btw- sooo good!

Originally Posted by brokebeautyblgr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved my box! It is a pricier box but I actually like the stuff! I get a bunch of boxes that have great value but crappy stuff- I'd much rather get awesome stuff for what I pay- I priced the items in my review and it ends up being about the cost of the box- more if you don't count shipping. 

I think I'm gonna sing up for a longer sub with them but I'm still deciding... That candy bar btw- sooo good!

I agree. I like this sort of stuff - gourmet sweets and other fun indie products! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be buying this sub every month just because it is so much fun. I pretty much like everything I get from all subscriptions, though, just customer service for a lot of subscriptions is bad.

I like Hungry Globetrotter for the same reason - get super unique stuff. It might not be the full value of the box, but the experience makes it worth the price!

Have you tried Hungry Globetrotter? If you like unique foods, you should try it. You can get your first month for $26, I think. You get all the stuff, minus fresh ingredients, for a meal. Comes with recipe cards. I got it for the first time last month and made the vegetarian versions of the recipes and it was excellent. Granted, you have to be a bit adventerous when it comes to food! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The customer service there is excellent. Very small company and you get that feeling when you email them.

They even sent me a special welcome gift. Such a nice touch. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. I like this sort of stuff - gourmet sweets and other fun indie products! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll be buying this sub every month just because it is so much fun. I pretty much like everything I get from all subscriptions, though, just customer service for a lot of subscriptions is bad.

I like Hungry Globetrotter for the same reason - get super unique stuff. It might not be the full value of the box, but the experience makes it worth the price!

Have you tried Hungry Globetrotter? If you like unique foods, you should try it. You can get your first month for $26, I think. You get all the stuff, minus fresh ingredients, for a meal. Comes with recipe cards. I got it for the first time last month and made the vegetarian versions of the recipes and it was excellent. Granted, you have to be a bit adventerous when it comes to food! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The customer service there is excellent. Very small company and you get that feeling when you email them.

They even sent me a special welcome gift. Such a nice touch. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I need to try it! I've always wanted to- I should just bite the bullet and try it!

I just signed up for this month! It's been a while, I think I got February and March and for me, it's been a little heavy on the food and most of it I didn't like. Their hints for this month on their Facebook page pushed me over the edge though!

One looks like a daily Cleanser and the second is a novel "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?" that looks and sounds cute.
I can't wait to get it, I always love the presentation of the box!

Loved the June box! I read that book so fast... I couldn't put it down! I just signed up for 3 more months. I can't believe this is a one-woman business. Erin does such a good job answering my questions right away. Top notch customer service! If you have an issue, def just email her and she'll get back to you quickly.

Back