• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HauteLook Summer Beauty Bag Starts Friday 7/12 at 8AM Pacific

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today.  The Miracle 10 was out of the the paper wrap. Was there suppose to be 2 little jars or just 1? I will be getting rid of about half the stuff but the rest made me quite happy.

I posted the same question in the other thread. I do not know what one I should be posting in.

My bag came yesterday and I received the lip bomb in #30 (white).  Better than the #27 (orangish shade) but I'm not sure if I'll use it since it's so sparkley and I'm not really a fan of sparkle lips.  I am curious to try mixing it with some brighter lip colors and see if I can create anything cool, but I dont know.  I would be over the moon if I got one of the pinks but I knew it was 50/50 lol.  I love everything else.  The Whish smells awesome!

Got my bag! I LOVE IT!!!!

Seriously great!

I got the Mirenesse Lip Bomb in #22. A really pretty dusty plum.

The NYX lipstick in Vitamin. A really nice frosty coral.

Has anyone tried the Lorac mascara yet?

I would love to hear reviews!

My bag came yesterday and I received the lip bomb in #30 (white).  Better than the #27 (orangish shade) but I'm not sure if I'll use it since it's so sparkley and I'm not really a fan of sparkle lips.  I am curious to try mixing it with some brighter lip colors and see if I can create anything cool, but I dont know.  I would be over the moon if I got one of the pinks but I knew it was 50/50 lol.  I love everything else.  The Whish smells awesome!
I got #27 and OMG the color is AWFUL on me! It is so intense and so bright I'm not sure who would look good wearing it, actually. Oh well. It was a gamble. I really like everything else.

Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got #27 and OMG the color is AWFUL on me! It is so intense and so bright I'm not sure who would look good wearing it, actually.

Oh well. It was a gamble. I really like everything else.
Maybe try mixing it with another color?

Or pat it on lightly with your finger to tone it down?

Originally Posted by kellsbells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I LOVE orange lipglosses! I would be happy to trade for one, just sayin
smile.gif
PMed you!

Got my bag! I LOVE IT!!!! Seriously great! I got the Mirenesse Lip Bomb in #22. A really pretty dusty plum. The NYX lipstick in Vitamin. A really nice frosty coral. Has anyone tried the Lorac mascara yet? I would love to hear reviews!
I wore it today. Honestly, I have drugstore mascaras that are more impressive. It flaked quite a bit and gave me raccoon eyes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I might try it again without the primer? I dunno...but I have a YSL babydoll sample I'm excited to try tomorrow!

Those are good ideas. I will try it out.
This is a different pic than I posted in the other thread (a little better lighting and focus, I'm terrible with cell phone selfies) but I just put a tiny bit on the back of my hand and smeared it around then used my finger to apply, I actually like it!

My bag came today with the lip bomb in the red orange color. I would have loved to have gotten sparkly white...

It was also missing the brush set.

i cant say i am very impressed with this bag, i swear when i bought it it said we got 10 half body tan towels and i really wanted to try that brand but with one tan towel that does half your body what the hell am i going to do with that? The brushes look like they are from the dollar store (i love the $$ store but not for my make up), my m lip color was a very dark purple...noooo!! i do like my nyx lipstick its nice and the mascara, but everything else was blehhhh

Okay...I may be the only one who did not know this, but I was super excited to discover it!

I had my NYX lipstick in my purse and for some reason the bottom colored portion of the tube came off. I grabbed it thinking it was just a colored piece of plastic used to show the color inside the tube...wrong! Its a small pot with extra lipstick!!  I tried putting it back on and had to work with it just a bit to get it off again. After discovering this I did a websearch...some lipsticks only have a weird jelly in the bottom and not actual lipstick so I guess I got lucky? Did anyone else know this?

Originally Posted by knightsgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a different pic than I posted in the other thread (a little better lighting and focus, I'm terrible with cell phone selfies) but I just put a tiny bit on the back of my hand and smeared it around then used my finger to apply, I actually like it!

It looks really great. Very modern and fresh! Love it on you!

I got my bag today and I am SO happy with it. I kept taking things out and being like "omg, I love this!  I love this too!  Wow!"

I got the Nyx Lipstick in Vitamin (did we all get the same one?) and the Mirenesse Lip Bomb in #27 (which I know a lot of people hate, but I'm obsessed with anything orange-y). 

Also, I literally gasped at the person who said they threw their Lip Bomb away!  I would have gladly traded you for it, and if it really was expired or something, I'm sure Mirenesse or Hautelook would replace it or do something for you!

Anyway, it really paid off for me to not over-analyze the photos of what was in the bag - I saw enough for me to purchase it, and I'm so glad I kept the rest a surprise, SO pleased!!

Originally Posted by jocelyn2828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i cant say i am very impressed with this bag, i swear when i bought it it said we got 10 half body tan towels and i really wanted to try that brand but with one tan towel that does half your body what the hell am i going to do with that? The brushes look like they are from the dollar store (i love the $$ store but not for my make up), my m lip color was a very dark purple...noooo!! i do like my nyx lipstick its nice and the mascara, but everything else was blehhhh
Maybe you can just tan your legs? I'm sure the dark purple Lip Bomb would trade well on the trade threads.

Originally Posted by jocelyn2828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AGREED! So silly that they gave us ONE "half body" tan towel.... couldn't at least give us two? The brushes are crap. One look and I thought "gross" but after touching them I'm like... uhh nope, won't use them. Tried the mascara this morning. It's somewhat lengthening, but doesn't give me any volume at all. I layered 2 more mascaras on top & it turned out better. This was the most promising product out of the bunch so I'm pretty disappointed. Wish I could return everything.

I got the NYX in Margarita, but I looked at the swatches and it seems similar to Vitamin. Seems like the white and orange-y lip bombs were the ones they sent out the most of.

As for the Tan Towel, it's probably just enough for legs or face and shoulders.  I have a box of the full body ones and it's barely enough to use on your whole body.  I do really like them though, it's very natural and I have never had a streaky spot from them. 

I agree about the brushes too, they are just not anything I would ever use, ever.  I'm still happy with my bag since I got free shipping, but if I would've paid $6 or whatever it is I would probably be a bit disappointed.

I think I promised someone I would post swatches of the Mirenesse lip bomb? Maybe it was in the other thread. Anyway:

nude / #22 / #22 combined with #2 - I have a vertical comparison picture too but it might be easier with horizontal.

(I apologize for my crappy skin but at this point in my life I've given up on it. You'll have to forgive me for being an advocate of "people who have bad skin can wear makeup too" >:

And here's skin swathces:

For me, it looks like a really pretty nude / your lips but better colour. Most of the ones companies come up with are too pale for my skintone. I'm glad I got #22 because it also matches with the UD lip pencil!

Latest posts

Back