• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HauteLook Summer Beauty Bag Starts Friday 7/12 at 8AM Pacific

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still happy with my bag since I got free shipping, but if I would've paid $6 or whatever it is I would probably be a bit disappointed.
How'd you guys end up with free shipping?  I'm usually great at finding every possible angle for a % off or free shipping, bummer!

Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How'd you guys end up with free shipping?  I'm usually great at finding every possible angle for a % off or free shipping, bummer!
If you bought $100 of stuff or more, the shipping is free. So it was contingent on you buying other things at HL

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I promised someone I would post swatches of the Mirenesse lip bomb? Maybe it was in the other thread. Anyway:

nude / #22 / #22 combined with #2 - I have a vertical comparison picture too but it might be easier with horizontal.

(I apologize for my crappy skin but at this point in my life I've given up on it. You'll have to forgive me for being an advocate of "people who have bad skin can wear makeup too" >:

And here's skin swathces:

For me, it looks like a really pretty nude / your lips but better colour. Most of the ones companies come up with are too pale for my skintone. I'm glad I got #22 because it also matches with the UD lip pencil!
Thanks Kyuu! I've been looking for these.  #22 is really pretty!!! I actually think I like all these lip bombs mixed better than alone.  I'm still intimidated by the white one I received but I'm sure it will look nice once mixed with something else.

If you bought $100 of stuff or more, the shipping is free. So it was contingent on you buying other things at HL
Yup, I already happened to be buying shoes that day, so I hit $100.  I wish the free shipping was a $50 minimum instead though.

The only deal I have ever gotten for Hautelook was a $10 off code and that was a long time ago.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kellsbells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I LOVE orange lipglosses! I would be happy to trade for one, just sayin
smile.gif
I also just PMed you!

i cant say i am very impressed with this bag, i swear when i bought it it said we got 10 half body tan towels and i really wanted to try that brand but with one tan towel that does half your body what the hell am i going to do with that? The brushes look like they are from the dollar store (i love the $$ store but not for my make up), my m lip color was a very dark purple...noooo!! i do like my nyx lipstick its nice and the mascara, but everything else was blehhhh
That stink...one towel? I think it did say 10 towels because I remember thinking "wow! Great deal!" I'm supposed to get mine today. I ordered 3 for me, MIL, and one for gift.

I got my bag today and I am SO happy with it. I kept taking things out and being like "omg, I love this!  I love this too!  Wow!"

I got the Nyx Lipstick in Vitamin (did we all get the same one?) and the Mirenesse Lip Bomb in #27 (which I know a lot of people hate, but I'm obsessed with anything orange-y). 

Also, I literally gasped at the person who said they threw their Lip Bomb away!  I would have gladly traded you for it, and if it really was expired or something, I'm sure Mirenesse or Hautelook would replace it or do something for you!

Anyway, it really paid off for me to not over-analyze the photos of what was in the bag - I saw enough for me to purchase it, and I'm so glad I kept the rest a surprise, SO pleased!!
Just sent you a PM ~ I have #27 to trade.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone is interested, Mirenesse is having a free trial sale.

It's been going on for a few days actually. They still have some lip bombs left #17 and #23.

They are FREE. All you pay is shipping. (around $9)

http://www.mirenesse.com/115-free-makeup-lips
I am checking out and it shows shipping of $44.95.  Is that right?

Originally Posted by klotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am checking out and it shows shipping of $44.95.  Is that right?
You can get I believe 6-8 free items. However, you have to pay $8-9 shipping PER item. I'm guessing you added 5 items?

You can get I believe 6-8 free items. However, you have to pay $8-9 shipping PER item. I'm guessing you added 5 items?
Exactly! It's per item. They also have their 27 kohl eyeliner on trial. It's awesome. Does NOT budge!

Thanks for the heads up! That's awesome. It looks like there a limit of 6 items from lips, eyes, face and skin products. 

The bummer is if you do choose 6, shipping goes up to $52USD. 

Anyone try placing multiple orders?

Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the heads up! That's awesome. It looks like there a limit of 6 items from lips, eyes, face and skin products. 

The bummer is if you do choose 6, shipping goes up to $52USD. 

Anyone try placing multiple orders?
No. I never tried placing multiple orders. But Mirenesse always has great flash sales and gifts with purchase.

I actually joined their VIP service 2 months ago and love it.

Shipping on 1 item for me is $8.99.. This seems a little shady, to be honest. Especially since they seem to run this kind of thing often. You're paying for the product via the shipping fee. 

Shipping on 1 item for me is $8.99.. This seems a little shady, to be honest. Especially since they seem to run this kind of thing often. You're paying for the product via the shipping fee. 
They're shipping from Australia, so they really need to charge for shipping. Shipping is not cheap.

They ship from Australia. It's probably cheaper to ship in bulk, but for one item from Australia? That sounds pretty reasonable.

Mirenesse's products are pretty expensive by US standards, but if you understand the history of Aussie cosmetics prices, they're actually fairly reasonable (for their market). So $9 is a deal for one of their items, in general. I'd consider them a mid/high-end brand a la Benefit, and something like that is definitely retailing around $18-25 in the States.

I don't mean that $8.99 for one item is too much - I was saying that I think charging $8.99 for EVERY individual item is shady. I don't mind paying shipping, but I think $8.99 per product that are all going to ship together is much higher than what the actual shipping cost will be. Just sayin'. 

I mean still, I'm getting a lip gloss for $9, so I'm plenty happy about that!

I don't mean that $8.99 for one item is too much - I was saying that I think charging $8.99 for EVERY individual item is shady. I don't mind paying shipping, but I think $8.99 per product that are all going to ship together is much higher than what the actual shipping cost will be. Just sayin'. 

I mean still, I'm getting a lip gloss for $9, so I'm plenty happy about that!
I can see your POV, but we are still getting a HUGE deal.

btw, some of the items ship for less.

What lip gloss did you get?!!!!!

Latest posts

Back