Have you dropped your Birchbox subscription?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im still new to BB so i will keep it since i dont live near any makeup stores and so far ive been pretty lucky with my boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How about a "No - I'm happy with my Birchbox subscription" because that's my answer.
This.  I enjoy getting it each month and trying new things.  I love the points program.  I would go annual if they sent me a coupon or points code.

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm still pretty darn happy with Birchbox.  Some of my boxes haven't been the greatest, but when I signed up I resolved to try everything, and I've actually been pleasantly surprised.  There have been products where I've been disappointed with the sample (Nexxus foil packets & Blvgari Mon Jasmin Nor, to name a couple) that I've ended up loving and buying full-size (albeit, not with Birchbox).  There have been products I haven't been sure about and ended up absolutely loving (Kiehl's Abssine Cream - AMAZING!).  And, there have been products that I was dying to try and ended up being disappointed with (Dr. Jart's BB Cream).  It's exactly what I wanted from the service.  I don't get anywhere to get actual samples, so this is exactly what I wanted. Still super happy!

Originally Posted by Starlet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am on the fence about it.  I have been thinking "oh it's just $10 so no big deal", but I ended up reading through the thread on here about how much have you spent on sample boxes and it put it into perspective that the "just $10" does add up.  I am sticking it out through December in hopes that the box might be neat for holiday time - after that it may very well be gone.  
That is me exactly!!! I'm hoping Nov and Dec will be good for the holidays and then I'm out. So sick of getting nail polish!

I dropped after the October box, where the essie "Fall Pick" nail color that they sent me (Fair Game) was actually from Resort 2011 (!!!) collection. Silly me for assuming "Fall Pick" meant Fall 2012 and that BB was sending us new and on trend items (note sarcasm.) Not just an outlet for them to help vendors get rid of old inventory. 

I just rather spend 100 dollars on makeup i like and not samples of tiny hair ties that barely fit my thick hair and snacks that im sketched out by!

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This.  I enjoy getting it each month and trying new things.  I love the points program.  I would go annual if they sent me a coupon or points code.
Originally Posted by MrsMeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm still pretty darn happy with Birchbox.  Some of my boxes haven't been the greatest, but when I signed up I resolved to try everything, and I've actually been pleasantly surprised.  There have been products where I've been disappointed with the sample (Nexxus foil packets & Blvgari Mon Jasmin Nor, to name a couple) that I've ended up loving and buying full-size (albeit, not with Birchbox).  There have been products I haven't been sure about and ended up absolutely loving (Kiehl's Abssine Cream - AMAZING!).  And, there have been products that I was dying to try and ended up being disappointed with (Dr. Jart's BB Cream).  It's exactly what I wanted from the service.  I don't get anywhere to get actual samples, so this is exactly what I wanted. Still super happy!
Ditto to both of you. I love my Birchbox <3

There is no thinking about cancelling in November.  If my November box is as crappy as the last two, I am immediately cancelling my sub with BB.

I dropped after Oct, but only because I wanted to try another sub service and didn't want to pay for both. I really liked BB, found a few HG products, and had very few disappointing months.

For reference, I was subbed almost 2 years.

I actually really enjoyed my October Birchbox, I kinda feel like this poll veers towards the negative side.  I voted that I would be "sticking it out with Birchbox" but the wording still feels a little negative, meh it's probably just me though.  

I have loved all but one of my boxes, and for 10 bucks a month I have found a ton of new products I love.  If there is something I would change it would be the no foil packet thing, however some of my favorite product finds have been from packet products honestly.  I love the perfume samples, the hair ties have been fun and useable, and since I am a health oriented person I love the healthy food sample products (heck I have been buying those Luna protein bars because of birch box and I love em).  So I seem to some of the things most gals dislike a out Birchbox it seems.  

I will probably been seen as a fan girl but I have loved my Birchbox experience, for 10 bucks I get a little surprise and I have bought a few products from birchbox as well - I got my first clarisonic Mia last week!  I have bought gift subscriptions for family members and girlfriends and they seem to love it too. 

I was disappointed after October. I also got laid off, so that played a big part in dropping my subscription, but once I find a job again I'll subscribe again. 

I did drop my subscriptions (2) after the October box; however, it was due to finances more than anything else.  The October boxes were disappointing, but my daughter and I still enjoyed receiving them every month.  We will reassess in a few months and will decide then whether to resubscribe.

would love to cancel but have an annual membership until December.  the last 2 months have been downhill for me too many non beauty products  ( Sept tilli bag and twist band , Oct Lara bar and tea).  plus the sample size for oct was all packets except for the ddf cleanser.  will sign up for glossybox when this expires.  so disappointing..

How about a "No - I'm happy with my Birchbox subscription" because that's my answer.
THIS. I may have had a disappointing box this month, but I am happy with my subscription. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

for $10 a month, I'm happy with my birchbox. there have been things that I haven't liked but there have been a lot more things I was happy to try and might have never chosen for myself!

I probably will drop after November, just because I'll have enough points to buy the Vasanti Brightenup! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator and not waste points. The last few boxes have been disappointing. I was lucky enough to get the the Stila Bronzer so that paid for almost 3 boxes, so I wasn't too upset about the crappier ones. I have bought the Harvey Prince perfume, since its one of the cheaper brands that I can actually afford and I do love thebalm products, but other than that I don't think I'll ever buy full size of most of the products I received. I love ipsy, because at least I can afford those products if I wanted full sizes. 

I chose "Other" because I have 2 ipsy accounts and have gifted subs to people, but I don't think birchbox is good enough in my opinion to gift to anyone or buy a second sub for myself.

Hi! I don't post much but I've had quite the experience. 

Birchbox was a gift from my mom for getting through tough exams (I'm a high school student and I'm dual enrollment- I took about four hard college exams in a two week period); the idea was to get a present during the year for my work, every month.

Random backstory, sorry!

My first box was June, which I wasn't enthralled with but it was a good box - full sized eyeko shadow stick, although I did get tanning and was not amused, and the box was decent. July was horrible for me - everything was small; the earbuds saved it just because I was on my way to buy earbuds at the time. August was underwhelming, I got shampoo and a razor; I actually enjoyed the razor and felt it added to my value a bit, but I wish i had better items. September was horrible with tons of packets, nothing I would ever use.

OCTOBER was the icing on the cake. I was so upset and pissed. Two of my samples were, in fact, FOIL PACKETS. I had never gotten an email to opt in/opt out of goop. When I emailed there was 'nothing they could do', when people were still getting emails to sign up. My box was two hair foils, tea, the loumanizer with a big ol' grody fingerprint in it, and the lip butter. I was excited for the loumanizer. The foil packets and the tea, counting as individual samples, THREE samples, was what sent me over the edge. I was so upset I cancelled and switched to ipsy.

I have no regrets, because the emails ipsy has been sending have been promising!

Here is my box history, for a 16 year old, as a reference. (Spoiler to condense for size)

(sorry this is such a long post!)

I agree with all these ladies - do I love every sample? No. But I love getting the opportunity to try things I wouldn't normally even think to try.  And - the points program is THE BEST!

I have 3 friends, plus my mother and my sister who all subscribe - so between us all, if I don't like something one of them will be happy to take it off my hands, and vice versa. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     I also get MyGlam and I like them for different reasons, but no way do they replace my BB.

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... I enjoy getting it each month and trying new things.  I love the points program.  ...
Originally Posted by MrsMeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm still pretty darn happy with Birchbox.  Some of my boxes haven't been the greatest, but when I signed up I resolved to try everything, and I've actually been pleasantly surprised.  ...
Originally Posted by Lilith McKee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually really enjoyed my October Birchbox, I kinda feel like this poll veers towards the negative side.  ...  I have bought gift subscriptions for family members and girlfriends and they seem to love it too. 
Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

for $10 a month, I'm happy with my birchbox. there have been things that I haven't liked but there have been a lot more things I was happy to try and might have never chosen for myself!

Back