Here are my household tips, lets hear yours!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi great tips!!

Anyone got a tip on worktop tiles I have to use bleach on them to keep white, anyone tried anything different?

These are so great!

I need to go buy some magic erasers now - I cannot believe the raves.

My only tip is:

for clogged drains - use two teaspoons baking soda - pour in some vinegar and close the drain. The sizzling will unclog it.

This is recommended to maintain a clean drain too.

Cleaning a Vase or bottle you cannot get your hand in: Just add UNCOOKED rice and some water/dish soap, swish around. the rice scrubs the bottom that you can't reach.

Food stains on your carpet? Get out the SPray and Wash/ Shout/whatever you pretreat laundry with and give it a spray.. Dont OVERSOAK!!! Cover with a towel and heavy book.. Voila!

I spray down my glass shower every day with a mixture of water/vinegar, so that hard lime doesn't build up.. its easy and no scrubbing..

Shampoo will remove tub rings.

Grease stain on clothes: Rub a good drop of dish soap into the back of the stain and launder or spray it with FANTASTIC. Try to wash soon though.

Nope- HP doesn't "bleach" you clothes. It reacts with the blood. If you are still sketchy on it, get some Ivory soap. Rub the stain with ivory and rinse in cold water. Oh yea this works well and saved alot of my stuff.

Just a warning on the Magic Erasers: they work wonderfully but don't scrub too hard without checking your progress, because it removed paint from my wall!

Here's a tip that I use the most around the holidays: we go through tons of candles, and the leftover wax is always stuck to the glass. Instead of trying to scrape it out, put the candle holder in the freezer (I'm not sure how long, we usually just check the next morning or in several hours) and the wax will just pop out, because it shrank.

Thanks for all the tips!

Thanks for all the GREAT tips guys.

I cannot wait to try some of these.

I am going to try the yellow pages to clean my mirrors. Newspaper is good too.

wow this is awsome i HATE cleaning but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the magic eraser! its so funny b/c i thought it was just me who ran around the whole house looking for stuff to clean...my mom ahd just cleaned a few hours b4 and i got mad i was like "aargh!! why did you haev to go clean?!!" she looked at me funny but I LOVE LOVE THEM

to clean driveways and concrete try using easy off oven cleaner or

make a paste of dishwashing powder and leave it on the soil for about 1 hour then rinse it off or use a degreaser from the automotive store.

I've found that soaking freshly blood stained items in baking soda and water removes the stain. It breaks down the blood.

Great tips. Thaks for sharing. I gotta have my Mr Clean Magic Erraser. Not a day goes by I don't use it. My big tip is get a housekeeper. We live in a 5,000 sq ft historic home. She comes once or twice a month. Since I have a studio in my home I can keep up with the rest. I just spot clean a room a day. A few minutes a day and I'm done.

I wish I could afford a housekeeper! Count your blessings!

Hydrogen Peroxide does the same thing. It rocks! You pour it on, it bubbles up, and you literally blot the stain away!

Here's a tip for deodorant /anti-perspirant stains when you put a shirt on post application. Rub the mark with a used dryer sheet and it works like magic!

great tips.

clean a baby's old yucky milk bottle with a little raw rice, and soapy water. swish around till clean. i'm sure all us moms know that, so that's for the sitters.

Really nice tips!

I use some onions in the water when I clean my windows, and dry it off with newspaper pages. No stripes after that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also use vinegar on most things when I clean, when its not glass.

STAINS!!!!!!! tHAT IS WHERE i WAS TODAY.Sorry all caps--forgive me. Turned over a scented candle pot on the carpet. OH joy, joy!!! Have you ever taken your iron and a roll of paper towels and absorb all you can with the towels. Then iron over the paper towels and the wax is absorbed. Also works with paper bags too, I ran out of paper towels. What a mess!!!!

Back