Highly Pigmented Eyeshadows ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by athingofbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought some elf mineral eyeshadows today and I was floored by the amount of pigmentation! They were such beautiful colors, and under $5. I've also found Nars shadows to be really pigmented. For me, it's just a matter of trial and error of finding those that are pigmented!

Which ones? I tried some ELF pink and it wasn't pigmented AT ALL :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The one I bought was $1 or $3 at Target. Had hot pink and electric blue and a few other colors. I ended up using LA Looks hot pink and it ROCKED!

I find the 1 dollar line to be very good.  The quads have great color even without a primer or base

I'd look around your drugstore first before you blow a bunch of money at Spehora. I love them and everything. But i'v found some real gems for less then half the price at like Target. Also, keep an eye out for online indie companies.

yeah it's pretty sick eh?

we get ripped off so much up here, when our dollar is stronger. makes no sense. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />;

they were about like $6.75 or something but went on sale often for 20% off. now they're like $7.50 and haven't been on sale after a while. (only place i've found nyx is at save-on foods)

there's also 12% tax here. Dx
Do you have Rexall out west? I find they have the best selection of NYX, and some of the new/reno'd ones (OMG!) actually carry the powder & creme blushes. That said, we don't have Save-On foods, or London Drugs in Toronto. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by AndreaRenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah it's pretty sick eh?

we get ripped off so much up here, when our dollar is stronger. makes no sense. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />;

they were about like $6.75 or something but went on sale often for 20% off. now they're like $7.50 and haven't been on sale after a while. (only place i've found nyx is at save-on foods)

there's also 12% tax here. Dx
Do you have Rexall out west? I find they have the best selection of NYX, and some of the new/reno'd ones (OMG!) actually carry the powder & creme blushes.

That said, we don't have Save-On foods, or London Drugs in Toronto.
frown.gif

I hadn't seen it west of Edmonton until recent years, but I think there's one in Courtenay now! (half hour away from me)

Thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time I'm in town. =D

Yeaah, the Save-On here carries the creme blushes but none of the powder ones, I've been wanting to try the powder ones so bad!

They never update their stock either, I've been checking in for months for a white jumbo pencil, and a lot of products are open/used/damaged. I have to hunt for good stuff. Dx

That's so weird! I thought Save-On was all across Canada (o.o) it's huge over here.

Too Faced are great, so you should love your new pallette!

Originally Posted by karlzberg7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hiya chick.
I use Urban Decay palettes - Ammo and Deluxe.
Coastal Scents are also good too, the 88 shimmer palette
They are really good and stay on well , especially if you use an eye primer.

I hear 'Too Faced' is good too, i'm going to buy the palette soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hope I helped.
xoxo

Definitely Urban Decay and MAC. I'm not a huge fan of Clinique's Eyeshadows, they really don't stick at all.

I just got to try the ELF 100 shadow limited edition palette. All of their shimmer and satin finishes come out incredibly pigmented. Almost too much for my own makeup at least! And if you use a primer or foundation base those things don't come off till you make them come off.

Their matte colors are a little lacking but the 100 color set makes up for any misses in colors there.

And right now it's only $10. - You can also get free shipping this week.

Originally Posted by SarraSanborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got to try the ELF 100 shadow limited edition palette. All of their shimmer and satin finishes come out incredibly pigmented. Almost too much for my own makeup at least! And if you use a primer or foundation base those things don't come off till you make them come off.

Their matte colors are a little lacking but the 100 color set makes up for any misses in colors there.

And right now it's only $10. - You can also get free shipping this week.
Yes, the matte are horrible!  Makes me sad  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried Medusas Makeup Line? www.medusasmakeup.com.. On the website they have these (what looks like) really neat products. They have glitters, that you can use for eyes & lips, shadows, pigments, glosses and the mose neat stuff I seen on there was this 6 piece set that includes: Eye Makeup Remover, Brush Cleaner, Eyeliner Seal ( which turns ANY PIGMENT ETC into a EYELINER), The Fix( Which is a glitter Adhesive), Stick It ( a wax based primer for shadows etc) and all of these are only $34.00!! I think that I am gonna invest in these products!! They also have these irridescent loose pigments that are BEAUTIFUL!! I just wanted to share this with all of my Makeup Dolly's!! Love to all!!

Originally Posted by melissakecken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried Medusas Makeup Line? www.medusasmakeup.com.. 

This is not the first time I have heard of this line. I can't remember where I have run across it before, but while it is fresh in my mind, I may go check it out right now. If you do decide to invest, PLEASE let us know how you like them. Do they offer samples???

** Note**  Just opened the homepage of their website and I'm drooling already..... not good, not good.  LOL

Well now I'm scared to look. But I have to. I currently lost my wallet so I can't do any damage anyway :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is not the first time I have heard of this line. I can't remember where I have run across it before, but while it is fresh in my mind, I may go check it out right now. If you do decide to invest, PLEASE let us know how you like them. Do they offer samples???

** Note**  Just opened the homepage of their website and I'm drooling already..... not good, not good.  LOL

I agree with you Bonnie. Using a primer makes all the difference in the world.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mac, UD, Nyx, Wet N Wild, CS & TKB micas, using a primer will get you the best payoff

I have a couple of things from Medusa, eye dust and some glitter. The eye dust is amazing.

@Sarra- I recently purchased the Elf 100 palette and I was a little disappointed then I used it wet and it was really awesome.

(I been trying to post in here for hours but I have such a hard time with this web site.)

Originally Posted by melissakecken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried Medusas Makeup Line? www.medusasmakeup.com.. On the website they have these (what looks like) really neat products. They have glitters, that you can use for eyes & lips, shadows, pigments, glosses and the mose neat stuff I seen on there was this 6 piece set that includes: Eye Makeup Remover, Brush Cleaner, Eyeliner Seal ( which turns ANY PIGMENT ETC into a EYELINER), The Fix( Which is a glitter Adhesive), Stick It ( a wax based primer for shadows etc) and all of these are only $34.00!! I think that I am gonna invest in these products!! They also have these irridescent loose pigments that are BEAUTIFUL!! I just wanted to share this with all of my Makeup Dolly's!! Love to all!!

I finally tried the no pigment ones last night wet and I still got nothing.  The other ones are beautiful though.  There's only like 3-4 that give me nadda.

You know what they say, you get what ya pay for lol I really like ELF pigments powder eyeshadow tho. And I think I'm gonna get some mineral eyeshadow soon.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally tried the no pigment ones last night wet and I still got nothing.  The other ones are beautiful though.  There's only like 3-4 that give me nadda.

Back