Highly Pigmented Eyeshadows ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Ulta yesterday trying to decide between UD or something else, since they seem to have a lot of shiny ones, i wouldn't want, and I saw the TARTE, i really do love one of their palettes, and am seriously considering putting down the cash for it.  Just the feel of them, is as someone said, like butter.  Super soft and smooth, the palette has a few shimmer (as shiny as i want) and others matte.  I tried all of the colors on my inner arm, as a lot of ya'll do, and they would NOT rub off...at all.  I had to get the makeup remover stuff Ulta has around to remove them.  VERY pigmented, and to me....  just lovely colors, very wearable.  
icon_smile.gif

Lorac eyeshadows are very pigmented.  I just got an Elf little black black book of shadows and it's definitely hit or miss with the shades.  My daughter has the UD naked palette and 2 Coastal scents palettes and loves each one.  

i'm eyeing the sleek makeup palettes anyone tried them? ive heard lots of good things on these

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am definitely Coastal Scents obsessed. I have practically all of their palettes and they've yet to disappoint me in pigmentation! I've been reviewing one of the latest palettes on my blog, the 120 Palette Two and here's some swatches that I've recently done:

Each of these was about 2-4 swipes with NO primer. As I said, no pigmentation problems here! lol I highly recommend ANY Coastal Scents palettes!
ooh, so pretty!

I used to have an 88 palette and I really miss it, I should get this one. Ahhh, and I have my eye on the Ultra Shimmer one, too....

I recently bought the 88 matte palette and LOVE it!  The only thing I hate - there are two or three I know I'll run out of fast, and I don't know if there's a single so I can buy the full size.  =(  Anyone know if there are dupe lists for these anywhere???  (Specifically the fourth row from the right, second and third colors up from the bottom.  A beautiful red-purple and blue-purple.)

I'm envious for all the people who voted MAC as being highly pigmented, please swatch before you buy. Coastal scents is more pigmented than my MAC single pressed eyeshadows. NARS you need to swatch different types of duo shadows before purchasing, same thing with Lancome. 

I had the most luck with Inglot, Urban Decay, Wet n' wild, Coastal Scents, and Lorac. 

Quote: Originally Posted by DropsofKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm envious for all the people who voted MAC as being highly pigmented, please swatch before you buy. Coastal scents is more pigmented than my MAC single pressed eyeshadows. NARS you need to swatch different types of duo shadows before purchasing, same thing with Lancome. 

I had the most luck with Inglot, Urban Decay, Wet n' wild, Coastal Scents, and Lorac. 

I agree with this...I actually find Coastal Scents to be among the most pigmented on me...even more so than some of my Urban Decay. The Lancome shadows I have are nice but not pigmented. I only had a few MAC shades but I honestly don't think they were anything special, very standard and I gave them away long ago.

And everyone always names Wet n Wild as being pitmented and high quality but on me they are just sheer and powdery? It must be a chemistry thing.

definitely Urban Decay without a doubt, in my opinion. i work at sephora and have a habit of constantly having lipstick and eyeshadow swatches up and down my arm at all times haha, so i can safely say I've tested every brand in the store.

MAC, Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, Illamasqua, Burberry, Dior, and Bobbi Brown (mid-to-high end)

Kleancolor (as good as some of the most high end shadows I have used), NYX, Maybelline, and Hard Candy (DS)

I find Wet n' Wild's eyeshadows to be very pigmented, the are also cruelty-free and cheap.

Back