Highly Pigmented Eyeshadows ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use and love Urban Decay! I can't think of any shadows I love more. But I also use and recommend Ben Nye Lumiere, some Coastal Scents palettes and Fyrinnae. With Coastal Scents, it is hit or miss, but since they're so cheap it's worth checking out. I recommend the Metal Mania Palette and the 88 Shimmer palette. I also have the Prism Palette, which I like, but you have to put on a lot of product for some of the shades to stand out. Use an eye primer, and it should be fine.

I too find that mineral eyeshadows are more pigmented than most retail. Before i got into loose mineral ES I had gotten and still use

Since my fave MMU site went out of business: i am now looking on Etsy to find some great MMU finds.  On ebay Sweetscents Bare Minerals has her listings up and they are very good. Her seller id is: snowmandce

CS 88 pallettes

Stila pallets

I have a few mac colors (when i can get them cheap on ebay)

NYX (hit and misses for me but usually cheap enough)

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Elf is really hit or miss.

I agree! ELF sometimes has really great pigmented eye shadows but I own some that arent... My friend had one of those encylapedia eyeshadows from ELF and the dark brown in that one was very pigmented, i forget the name of it though =(... I always use primer and a damp brush to apply my eye makeup...

Those dark browns from ELF are evil. lol Those colors tend to be the hardest to get off. There's a dark brown in the Brights book that's just a pain in the rear to remove.

Wow, thanks for the replies, guys! Sorry, I was on vacation and didn't reply sooner, I'm back now though! :-D I actually just ordered 4 Urban Decay eyeshadows from HauteLook.com they were $5 each, it was a huge sale. lol I really want to try MAC and perhaps too faced and a few others, just have to save up money for them : Thanks for the input! <3

Omg.. I can't believe no one has mentioned Sugarpill :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(....or if they did, I didn't see it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

A normal eyeshadow from MAC is about $14 (one of my favorite products along with Urban Decay)..until recently..
Though i still love to indulge in some MAC eyeshadow..I have a new favorite. SUGARPILL cosmetics. They offer both pressed and loose eyeshadow's for $12.. yes it's not much cheaper then MAC but they have sale's often. Just today I purchased some more items from them and they were only $9.60 a piece. I had only purchased from them once before and the pigments were amazing! I can truly only vouch for Love+, Asylum, Royal Sugar, Poison Plum, Lumi, and Magpie.. but the colors are so amazing I am sure the rest of their line is awesome. They do not have a huge selection like MAC, but the colors are so vivid and deep! I love it! Mind you, because of their "smaller assortment", they sale out of a lot of colors and palette's quickly but for those prices ESPECIALLY on sale.. I can never pass on it. 

ALSO, MOST if not ALL of their products are vegan.

I highly recommend you to try them out if you have not yet...

http://www.sugarpillshop.com/

YOU WILL NOT be dissatisfied !

Check our their Facebook page too, they post a lot of pictures of people wearing their makeup! 

https://www.facebook.com/sugarpillcosmetics?ref=ts&fref=ts

Lol, yeah.. I just went back to thread and saw a few people mention them.. I think bc i'm a "newbie" to Sugarpill I am just so excited to try them all..lol. Really is a great buy though, especially if you LOVE color :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Well right now, for a few more hours, they're having a 20% off sale. Not saying you should order... not like I would encourage spending. 
angel.gif

Oh you know I already went and spent $$ ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol. I got 4 more loose powders and 4 more pressed powders... I am currently in LOVE with their products!! lol 

LOL A woman after my own heart! LOL

If you wear lashes then I'd suggest taking a look at Amy's lash line because they're so nice.

Originally Posted by xNadia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, thanks for the replies, guys! Sorry, I was on vacation and didn't reply sooner, I'm back now though! :-D I actually just ordered 4 Urban Decay eyeshadows from HauteLook.com they were $5 each, it was a huge sale. lol I really want to try MAC and perhaps too faced and a few others, just have to save up money for them : Thanks for the input! <3
UD thats a good choice... and even MAC has amazing range of colors, something new and unique comes out. Next time try for MAC colors :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MUFE has crazy pigment! sephora carries a rather large selection of them but if you need more choices you can contact the makeup forever store directly (the NY location). their star powder in 940 is a great shimmer to add on top of eyeshadow or even use as a highlighter

I am definitely Coastal Scents obsessed. I have practically all of their palettes and they've yet to disappoint me in pigmentation! I've been reviewing one of the latest palettes on my blog, the 120 Palette Two and here's some swatches that I've recently done:

Each of these was about 2-4 swipes with NO primer. As I said, no pigmentation problems here! lol I highly recommend ANY Coastal Scents palettes!

Back