How did you choose your user name?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think mine is pretty straight forward also, my name is chantelle and 86 is the yr i was born,i was gonna put shorty as that was a name my dad always called me but i couldnt have it.

This turned out to be really interesting.

Mine is just my name, i ussually use the same s/n name for forums and stuff so I'll remember. Most people call me KK. My user name on myspace is KK BonGo because my fiance calls me bongo. It has also been kk spunky b/c he calls me spunky sometimes, a couple other friends call me Paris b/c i hang out with all guys and they call me Paris cause of my high maintenance moments.

I go by a similar username on other forums but it was already taken on MUT. So I substituted the last part for 'Jade'. I love Jade as a name and a gem, plus I wanted something with Asian connotations. I also have a jade pendant from my late grandmother that has a lot of sentimental value to me.

i chose violet since its a part of my msn screen name ive had for years (a line of a song: violet was a violent girl)

i added the retro since its a part of my ebay screen name and since just plain violet was taken.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sheikah is the name of a race of guardians in my favorite game saga of all time: Zelda. i
heart.gif
zelda too!!
my real name is natalie, my nickname is nat / natty so i just use _natty! very original lol

Here's how I chose: kittenmittens is a nickname I got from a friend. she came up with it by thinking that if you say my full name really fast, it sounds like kittenmittens!

Mine was different for about 6 months, but I didn't like it.

My grandma used to own a ceramics shop, and I loved to play with the extra clay so lady who worked there always called me Mud Pie.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had the same idea for a thread, you beat me
wink.gif
i have always been a fan of JRR Tolkien, i was once looking for weird names to use as a user name somewhere else, since i love tolkien i thought i could use one of his names, i found daeron, so i thought i would use it, it sounded nice to me, i tried to use it then as a user name but someone else had already used it, so instead of using the letter "O" i thought, well, i wont give up on it just cause someone else is already using it, so i used a zero, instead of the letter and it worked, it has been my user name everywhere for a long long time, an the meaning is:

Daeron

Minstrel of Thingol. Called the 'piper of Doriath.' He was the son of Thingol and Melian, and therefore the brother of Lúthien. When Lúthien wished to leave Doriath to search for Beren, he betrayed her to Thingol who locked her in Hirilorn. When she escaped, Daeron followed her, but got lost in the Mountains of Night. He then went to Palisor where he now plays lonely and wistful music. Previously called Dairon. It was he who first devised the writing system of the Elves, called the Cirth.

http://www.elvenminstrel.com/tolkien...angerthas2.gif

The name Daeron was invented by J. R. R. Tolkien for the chief minstrel to the king of the grey elves who lived in Beleriand during the first age of the sun of Middle-earth. It is engraved at the top of the page in Angerthas letters, which Daeron is said to have organized into a Sindarin alphabet. The grey elves spoke the Sindarin tongue, for which Tolkien gave us a definitive pronunciation guide.

The consonants are pronounced as in English, or close enough. If you want to be precise, roll the r a bit. The vowels are pronounced as follows:

• a as in father
  • e as in bed
  • o in between the long and short o of English, like they are in most Germanic languages
OK. But actually, the a and e form a diphthong together; i.e., you morph the a into the e. Think about the long i sound in English. It's the diphthong a as in father, moving to a long e sound. Dae in Daeron sounds like the English word die to an English speaker's ear, but it's softer. Instead of sliding all the way to the long e sound, stop at a short e. It feels funny at first because we don't use that diphthong in English anymore. Practice it a time or two. There, by Ulmo, you've got it!
it is also:

Mellonath Daeron is the language guild of Forodrim, both founded in 1972. We study the languages created by Professor J.R.R. Tolkien, in particular Quenya and Sindarin, and the writing systems known as tengwar and cirth. A few results of our efforts are available on these pages.

One of our efforts is to compile indexes of all samples of tengwar and cirth written by Tolkien: the DTS and the DCS (the Mellonath Daeron Tengwar / Cirth Specimina). We do this to help all who want to study these writing systems. If you know of any published script sample by Tolkien which is not in these indexes, please let us know.

An example of the High-elven language

Nelde Cormar Eldatárin nu Tarmenel,

Otso Herunaucoin hrótassen ondova,

Nerte Fírimoin marte nurunen,

Er i More Herun mormahalmas hárala

Morinóreva mí arda, már i fuinion.

Er Corma ilyar turien ar tuvien te,

Er Corma tucien ar móresse nutien te

Morinóreva mí arda, már i fuinion.

I forgot to add, my real name is Nurinia
smile.gif

LOL ! and i thought i was obsessed with my books !!!
add_wegbrech.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL ! and i thought i was obsessed with my books !!!
add_wegbrech.gif
LMAO!
rofl.gif

i have an obsession with cats and i like hello kitty for the same reason, so i just took hello kitty and made it hello mindy (obv my name)

Originally Posted by hellomindy /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have an obsession with cats and i like hello kitty for the same reason, so i just took hello kitty and made it hello mindy (obv my name) hello kitty has some really cute stuff but it's so expensive in my country
frown.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif hello kitty has some really cute stuff but it's so expensive in my country
frown.gif
it's expensive here too but not that bad

oooooooh what a fantastic idea for a thread!!!

ok soo, i have a lot of little ones in the family (were a big family so theres always rugrats) anyways, my full name is Elizabeth, and its kinda difficult to say, so one cousin started calling me alittlebit b/c he couldnt pronounce Elizabeth. so contrary to what most belive is "a little bit" if you say it fast it kinda sounds like my name

also, it works b/c im kinda small at 5 f 1" "
biggrin.gif

(random cute story, my little brother got me a b-day card one year and wrote:

to: alittlebit

from : an even smaller bit...and i cherish that card like no other!)

Originally Posted by alittlebit /img/forum/go_quote.gif (random cute story, my little brother got me a b-day card one year and wrote:to: alittlebit

from : an even smaller bit...and i cherish that card like no other!)

Thats adorable!!

cyw are my initials, but I display Carolyn because I'd rather go by my first name - seems more personal to me.

I included the number 1 because I needed a number - from what I can remember.

Plus I have a big ego so it is fitting that I be #1 lol

Originally Posted by cyw1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Plus I have a big ego so it is fitting that I be #1 lol LOL!!

Well I think mine is pretty simple too. Glam is because I am glamorous (or at least I think I am, and Fergie's song helped a little bit too), Chick, well that's obvious, and 85 is the year I was born. Oh real name Brandi.

Mine is very "Secret Squirrel" - PT are my initials, first name, Pearl was taken. BC means baby cakes
blush.gif
which my SO started calling me in a tiny little voice in 1999 ; SO PT-BC99. TaDa

Back