How long does it take you to put on your makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm doing a simple natural look it can take 15 mins. If I'm doing full face ( which is more often than not ) I take around and hour but, can be up to 2 hours.

On a normal/not special work or school day probably not more than 10-15 minutes. If I'm actually going somewhere (which is not often lol) it can take up to an hour. On Halloween it took FOREVER! But that was mostly due to those darn tricky false eyelashes.

If I am in a rush then 15 mins... if I have tons of time then usually 1 hr - 1 1/2 hr will do... haha my poor boyfriend waits forever for me to get all pretty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It depends on how much time I actually have too....but if I have the time, it usually takes me about 45 min. to do a standard application. Then there is a ton of time swallowed up while I get dressed and continually go back to check my makeup to make sure its still ok to go. 

Since I am a novice - usually between 50 60 minutes.

Wish I could get made up faster.

I am embarrased to admit this, but it takes me a full hour to do my makeup in the morning.  That does include moisturizing and priming.  And that's a quick application for me.  When I'm playing around with new colors, techniques or tools, it can take MUCH longer.  Do they make a 12 step program for women with makeup issues? hehehehe

I have a very specific routine (like I'm sure most of you do) and I rarely deviate from it, so I can get it done in 15-20 minutes. This DOES exclude my eyes though, I usually spend a little time deciding what look I'm going for and which colors to use. I am obsessed with getting my makeup as perfect as humanly possible. I'd say a big chunk of the time is spent on defining my eyebrows, because I think they are the crowning glory of my face. Haha. 

Hair is another story. My showers are about 15 minutes if I'm just washing and conditioning my hair. I also do a face mask in the shower too so that takes a few minutes. My hair is pretty thick and semi-long so I feel like I have to sit there for 5 minutes just to wring all the water out and towel dry. Then I do a blow out with a round brush usually, and that definitely takes a good 20 minutes. All together I probably need at LEAST 1 1/2 hours to get ready, ideally 2-2 1/2.

It's hard being a girl!

About half-an-hour for a basic, everyday full-face. Usually about 45 minutes to an hour, for something more dramatic or a big night out.

It usually takes me about an hour to get ready if I am not washing my hair, and about an hour and a half if I am washing my hair.

Makeup usually takes around 15-20minutes, it usually takes me around 10-15minutes to do my eyebrows alone because I like to take my time and get them perfect.

It takes me 10 mins JUST to do:

Concealer > powder > blush > mascara > lips > brows

It takes me 15 mins more if I include foundation and a simple eye.

It takes me 45 mins more to do a well blended multiple colored eye

5 more mins if I wanna  contour my face...

If I get to play around tho, it could take hoouuurs to get something I'm happy with....

Not too long.

2-3mins to put on my foundation and a minute or less to curl my lashes and put mascara on.

My hair takes the longest, but still that only takes me about 5-10mins if straightening. If I french braided my hair before bed then I just take that out in the morning and I'm good to go. :]

I cannot do my makeup in less than 2 hours and prefer to invest 3 hours to get the right detail and perfection. . . I think the results are worth the time and involvement. . . 

If I'm just going to the grocery store or something, about 5 minutes. (eyeliner on bottom lashes and some concealer)

If I'm going out on the town, 2 hours. (moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, blush, highlight, eyeliner, eyeshadow etc)

My make up for work is powder and lipgloss...so in about 20 - 30 mins i'm completely ready...shower and everything.

Other than that when I actually wear on makeup...about 30-40 mins maybe.

Back