How many brands have you tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive tried,edm,monave,pure luxe and sheer cover(garbage)the best so far are edm and monave ,i have more samples on the way of luminere and valerie mmu,this stuff is additicting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's my list:

Bare Minerals-not my favorite foundation, but I do buy e/s, mineral veil, etc.

Oceanmist

Valerie Beauty

Monave-Ashlie and Amy arrived today

Littlestuff4u-samples arrived today

Mad Minerals-on order

Lumiere-on order

Meow-on order

The samples from littlestuff4u and Monave look pretty good. Will see what one I start with tomorrow. After I get the next round of samples in, THAT'S IT. There has to be my best match in all of those. I can tell you that I have ordered from Val a couple of times and from Sandra of littlestuff4u maybe 3-4 times, shipping is so prompt with both companies. Oceanmist was also extremely fast.

BE- Loved the coverage but my face constantly itched especially in warm weather.

Sheer Cover- Hated this makeup! Definately false advertizing, there is nothing natural about the concealer, wet and wil makes a better concealer, it clogged my pores and caused a rash.

Premium Minerals-(ebay) Really nice mineral makeup, good value, light coverage.

Aromaleigh- Used this for over a year, nice formula, really bad customer service, everytime I found something good, they discontinued it. Had to apply alot to get good coverage. Finishing powder was a waste.

EDM-Initially I really liked the makeup until it got blotchy and transferred to my clothing at the end of the day. I had to used a lot of product with a lot of touch ups that I just don't have time for. I really like B&B and Girls Day blush though.

Lumineare- I tried all of the formulas and none of them suited me. They seemed to make my dry skin look flaky and settled into my pores and magnetized them. The warmth all over color is a good value and comparable to BE for a fraction of the price.

Monave-This is the only mineral makeup I have tried that takes seconds to apply, provides natural but complete coverage and lasts through the day.

Silk Perfection(Ebay)- I love this product as a finishing powder, it can also be used alone to even skin tone, it really makes makeup last and gives an airbrushed effect. Great value, about $10 for large jar.

I only tried two: EDM and Aromaleigh. Didn't like EDM, but Aromaleigh is THE only foundation (mineral or traditional) that's matched my skintone perfectly, so there is no reason for me to change! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BE - horrible itching

Loreal - no coverage

Sandra's Pure Minerals - showing lines in face

Ordered Lumiere - waiting on samples

I've only tried BE and been sticking with it so far, but I intend to start loking around once I finish my backup jar too (which will be a while, lol)

I've tried:

BE

Sheer Cover

Aromaleigh

EDM

Alima

Aubrey Nicole

Monave

Uglogirl

Valerie

Lumiere

Ocean Mist

Tierny Tassler

Bare Faced

Lauress

Lumiere is my favorite! I love both the VV and FF. Second would be Monave.

i've only tried 2. EDM and BE..havent tried other brands but i will soon.

BE--Itchy:10:

EDM--Didnt last on my oily skin

Signatue---made me itch:10:

Buffd-- cakey

Lumiere-- eh,, soso

Oceanmist---almost perfect for me

Lily lolo---LOVE, HG , perfect color match, lasts all day , as a matter of fact I just ordered a full size today and cant wait to get it...They also have amazing customer service,, I ordered last night and got the email today that it had shipped..talk about fast!!

BE love their shadows and blushes, the foundation makes me itch

EDM ok

Monave good

Signature good

Pur Luxe ok eyeshadows are good

Pure minerals good but limited foundation colors

Cory ok

Madminerals ok

Barefaced minerals too long to receive but ok

Valeries good

Lumiere very good

Milan very good

Sheer Cover ok

J Lynne ok

Taylormade ok but very limited foundation options

Fyrrannae ok

Joppa powdery

Oceanmist good

Meow itchy

I've tried BE (my 1st MMU ), Monave, Valerie, EDM, Ocean Mist, Lumiere, Alima, Signature Minerals, Pure Luxe and Youngblood (concealer).

Great thread! Let's see....

1. Mineral Basics

2. Bare Minerals (my HG)

3. Neutrogena

4. EDM

5. Ocean Mist

Still want to try Avon but they don't have samples so I'm waiting for them to put some out. I've heard bad things about it, but I like Avon so I'm staying hopeful. But I love my BE and can't imagine anything else working better for me.

So many I can't even remember some! Started MMU four years ago and tried: BE, Botany 101, Aromaleigh, Monave, Colors of Paradise Hawaii, Jane Iredale, Glominerals, Melange, Youngblood, Mineral Boutique, Pure Luxe, Alima, Everyday Minerals, JLynne, BareFaced Minerals, Geografx, LaurEss, Sandra Minerals (now Pure Skin minerals), Lumiere, Uglogirl, Cory, Forever Minerals, Illuminare, Alpha Skincare, Larenim, MAD, Valerie Beauty, Loreal, Physicians Formula, Ulta brand, Amazing Cosmetics, Sheer Cover, Neutrogena, Raesin Images, Urban Decay, True,

Good lord!! am I the winner? Am I ill? Serious addict for sure. It's kind of scary when I spell it all out like this.

ROFL too funny!! I have tried most of these but not quite that many.

I am on my fourth year as well and have used or sampled:

BE, Botany 101, Aromaleigh, Monave, Jane Iredale, Melange, Mineral Boutique, Pure Luxe, Alima, Everyday Minerals, JLynne, BareFaced Minerals, LaurEss, Lumiere, Uglogirl, Cory, Larenim, MAD, Valerie Beauty, Raesin Images, Urban Decay, Twisted Fayte,

sorry, I just copied and pasted your list then removed the stuff I hadn't tried. Since you listed almost every brand available I thought that was easier.

UD good

EDM good indoors then too white outdoors later in day

Southern Magnolia Minerals too pink and streaky

Taylormade too dry

Signature good

Monave very good

BE itchy when face is warm

Meow itchy and too much mixing for a match

BFM ok

Fyrrannae ok

Cory to chalky

Oceanmist very good