How many of you struggle with heels?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear heels daily so it doesn't bother me at all

The best way to do it IMO is walk as if you're on your tippy toes

I've tried the heels and really cant find a comfy pair. I can wear them for about an hour and then it's back to my flats. Plus being 5"11, I really don't want to stand out too much.

You know how everyone has their own style of walking?

This determines how well you walk in high heels. Some ladies' natural walking style is contradictory to how one should walk in heels. For that kind of situation, it's going to take corrective strengthening and practice to get all the tendons and ligaments molded for that kind of shoe while walking.

I don't have problems in heels. Never did. Although, as a toddler I've had plenty of practice... in Mommy's heels, LOL.

Originally Posted by Beth3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried the heels and really cant find a comfy pair. I can wear them for about an hour and then it's back to my flats. Plus being 5"11, I really don't want to stand out too much. ^ If I wear heels, and you wear flats, I will be a couple inches taller than you. Just stand next to me, LOL. That should make you feel a little smaller.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^ If I wear heels, and you wear flats, I will be a couple inches taller than you. Just stand next to me, LOL. That should make you feel a little smaller. OK, that should help me out.
laughing.gif

I used to pretend to wear heels and walk around on my tippy toes all the time when I was kid too! lol
smile.gif
So that's probably why when my feet grew to a size ten when I was older and all I wanted to wear was heels to make the footprint smaller, I hardly ever had any problems (and still don't, even when I'm tired and hubby sometimes has to half-carry me to our car-- don't ask
wink.gif
). Anyways, I was a ballroom dancer and instructor for 3 years, so that meant some days I was dancing in 3-inch heels for upwards of 8 hours a day--straight! So I think I've got the heels thing down
wink.gif

I don't find it too difficult to walk in high heels. My main problem is walking for long hours in them. I literally cannot tolerate the pain in the ball of my foot - I once felt like fainting because the pain was so bad (thanks to a sky high pair of stilettos!).

oh man one new years we walked a lot further than I was expecting.. my feet were almost bleeding when I got home. Ever since I don't really have a problem with heels being uncomfortable

Originally Posted by miss_cherie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't find it too difficult to walk in high heels. My main problem is walking for long hours in them. I literally cannot tolerate the pain in the ball of my foot - I once felt like fainting because the pain was so bad (thanks to a sky high pair of stilettos!). I started having ball pain a few years ago especially when I wore my mining boots or my high heeled boots and went to a foot doctor and they made a custom orthonic insole for my shoes.. Pain went away!! Not cheap... $280 but my insurance covered it..

The only problem I have with heels is finding comfortable ones that don't hurt my toes.

My struggle with heels is finding any. I'd like my jeans to hang over my ankle not bunch up, besides I need some for my skinny jeans. I've been trying for ages to find some generic heels that aren't overly girly. Not difficult you say? It is when your a size 11. Why do all the cool shoes stop at size 10? ArgH! *rant* Why don't they make heels for guys? Morons. Yeah I'm so glad someone was telepathic and just knew that my gender would determine what my fashion taste would be. *end rant* Sorry about that.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif So,here is/was my walking technique:
thrust the hip forward of the foot I'm lifting (twist it forward on an angle)and bend the knee a little, and always put your toe/the front of your foot down first. It means that you're using your hips to balance and so you do wriggle your bum a little, LOL.

Why do you think they have heels for women? They became womens fashion as they force the breast out and cause her hips to sway when she walks.

I Love wearing heels and have no problem at all walking in them providing the shoe fits properly. Last night I was out with friends and I wore 3.5 - 4" peep toes and had them on for 9 hours and at the end of the night I had a 1km walk back to my vehicle at 3.30am, my feet were only just starting to feel them. BTW I only get to wear them once evey other week, i'm not in them all the time.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't wear them at all. Only once in a blue moon will I wear my high wedged ones.
With practice I can wear them, but I find them so uncomfortable and I have wide feet so finding a pair that looks nice and fits is unbearable so I don't bother. One day I'll concur them... since I really love how it looks.

Ditto! I have wide feet too, and its hard to find a pair that fit. Most are so narrow. Providing I can find a pair that fit, I can handle a heel up to 3 inches, no prob. But with my Halloween costume, my boots had 5 inch heels, and that only worked for about 4 hours, then I had to stop the insanity and run around in some socks! LOL

Thanks for the great tips ladies. I wear up to 3 inches fine, it is just the taller ones I struggle with.

when I wear high heels, the heels themselves do not bother me, what is the worst is squeezing my foot into a narrow shoe - usually high heel shoes have slim shape, which is very unhealthy for a foot... and high heel also makes the weight go to the front of the shoe which makes the squeeze even worse
frown.gif

I too am a former gymnast. My mom bought me wedges when I was young so walking in heels was never a problem for me.

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif when I wear high heels, the heels themselves do not bother me, what is the worst is squeezing my foot into a narrow shoe - usually high heel shoes have slim shape, which is very unhealthy for a foot... and high heel also makes the weight go to the front of the shoe which makes the squeeze even worse
frown.gif
I'd love to know where you find narrow shoes, because the ones I think are narrow, are never narrow enough LOL!

Back