How much nail polish do you own?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm pretty lucky because my boyfriend is totally ok with my nail polish collection. He actually encourages me when I'm feeling guilty about buying too much nail polish.  My mom on the other hand doesn't understand why I need more than one bottle of nail polish, much less more than one of a certain color.  (They're different shades mom and they look totally different anyway.

Originally Posted by drugsNmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never counted mine but it's a lot. Way too much actually and I've got tons I've never even used. I may need to give some away soon. And I've gotten more since this photo. 
redface.gif
I like the idea of putting your polish in a shoe organizer.  It looks like it actually holds quite a bit and you can see it in a glance.  Are your polishes organized by color as well?  I've been trying to decide how I want to organize mine.  I've got a Helmer and I love it but currently they're organized by brand.  I'd like to organize them by color but I get in brand phases, where I only want to wear Zoya or butterlondon for awhile.  However, I wonder if that's just because of how they're organized now.  I can't decide if I want to try by color or not.

I'm working on making my nail polish rack: 1. I don't think this wood was cut correctly, its not laying down right. 2. I can't hammer a nail, hold the main board, and hold the shelf all at the same time. I don't have enough hands 3. I STILL don't know how to put this thing on the wall....

I'm working on making my nail polish rack: 1. I don't think this wood was cut correctly, its not laying down right. 2. I can't hammer a nail, hold the main board, and hold the shelf all at the same time. I don't have enough hands 3. I STILL don't know how to put this thing on the wall....
Maybe use hooks made for picture frames you nail on the back? I think you can get some with weights up to 50 lbs at the hardware store.

I finally have a good storage space for my polish! A zebra print plastic bin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here it is:

I have 38 polishes after buying 3 more last night. Many of them are either top coats or base coats though. I think I have 5 top coats or so, and 2 base coats.

1. It soundw like your wood ia warped. It's not going to look good when done, and you mag not be able to get it together right. 2.you can use wood glue to hold it temporarily then put the nails in. Or ask someone to hold it. Or use a vice if no one trusts you with a hammer. Hehe. 3. I would put screws in it right to the wall. It wont come down till you want it to that way and will hold a great deal of weight if you hit a stud.

Originally Posted by babycat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the idea of putting your polish in a shoe organizer.  It looks like it actually holds quite a bit and you can see it in a glance.  Are your polishes organized by color as well?  I've been trying to decide how I want to organize mine.  I've got a Helmer and I love it but currently they're organized by brand.  I'd like to organize them by color but I get in brand phases, where I only want to wear Zoya or butterlondon for awhile.  However, I wonder if that's just because of how they're organized now.  I can't decide if I want to try by color or not.
Yes they are somewhat organized by color which works pretty well. the polishes are almost too heavy for the shoe organizer though LOL...I have to be careful not to slam the closet door. 

I hadn't really counted until today but it's at approx. 300 — an accumulation of more than three years or so though. The first OPI collection I got excited about was Alice in Wonderland.

It's kind of a mish-mash inside; I try to organize by color but get overwhelmed so it's just by brand for the most part. And thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love my pooch!

Originally Posted by amblingalp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's kind of a mish-mash inside; I try to organize by color but get overwhelmed so it's just by brand for the most part. And thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love my pooch!
cuuute you got the vika alex! i love these drawers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cuuute you got the vika alex! i love these drawers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too! I don't think could handle seeing 300 bottles of polish hanging on my walls haha. 

Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe use hooks made for picture frames you nail on the back? I think you can get some with weights up to 50 lbs at the hardware store.
I don't know, I'll ask my dad when hes not so grumpy

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. It soundw like your wood ia warped. It's not going to look good when done, and you mag not be able to get it together right.

2.you can use wood glue to hold it temporarily then put the nails in. Or ask someone to hold it. Or use a vice if no one trusts you with a hammer. Hehe.

3. I would put screws in it right to the wall. It wont come down till you want it to that way and will hold a great deal of weight if you hit a stud.
no, its just about half a milimeter too short on one of the shelves, and thats a bigger deal than it sounds because its not properly secured to the sides.

yeahhhh, I'm not putting screws in the wood I'd manage to split it and I've got it spray painted and everything. and its going in my closet, which is pretty much just painted drywall its not supporting anything, even the hooks I've got for some purses are falling down and not looking pretty AT ALL. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> what do you think about corner braces to hold it up, obviously not in the corner of the rack, but kind of like what they use to secure shelves to the wall?

Originally Posted by amblingalp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! I don't think could handle seeing 300 bottles of polish hanging on my walls haha. 
i'm doing that! i like to see everything out.. haha i have the alex 9 drawer for my makeup! 

Way too much... I suck at throwing polish out after it's gone bad. I'd probably say at least a hundred colors in various brands. (mostly OPI and MAC)

Back