How often do you wash your hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every day when i'm working, and i try to skip a day here and there when i'm off, but my hair starts looking weird if i don't style it.

I wash my hair every day,it will be not a problem if you use gentle shampoo or shampoo especially to use every day.

Every day, but I've noticed my hair has started to look really dry lately. I'm not sure if it's the weather or the daily washing. For those of you who only wash it a couple/few times a week, do you at least condition it while you're in the shower/bath, or do you avoid getting it wet all together?

I wash my hair everyday I have hair that is not too thin, not too thick. Yap. It's just how you take care of ti that makes it thin. Hair growth is not by root hair cells but by dead cells in your body that accumlates and grows into hair. SO it's a good thing not to have thick hair.

I gotta wash my hair every 2 days at least. My scalp gets really oily and eventually my hair. Its not nice. Gotta be 2 days with conditioner of course. :satisfied:

i wash my hair everyday..if i dont it get oily and just sticks to my head, and i feel really weird if i dont wash it..

You do know that you lose about 100 hairs a day, don't you? I lose quite a few hairs in the shower too but my hair never looks thin!

I used to wash mine every day since it would always get oily and greasy looking if I didn't. However, the past few weeks I've discovered that it's no longer as oily and I can get by with washing it every other day (which is nice, it means I can sleep in 20 minutes every other day, lol) -- however I don't know if it is always like this, or only because it's still winter and the air is dry (you know how your skin gets drier in winter) -- I hope it will stay like this when summer comes though!

Interesting post. I've actually gotten into quite a few heated discussions with co-workers and/or friends about this subject.

I think it all depends on your hair type curly or straight, processed or not processed etc. I have very wavy/curly hair so if I blow out my hair straight (which takes about 45 minutes) I wash it on about the 5th or 6th day. I just set it in a ponytail at night and then blow out the bangs. If I keep my hair curly I wash it every three days because it becomes unruly. I always deep condition because my hair is color treated and highlighted.

Marilyn

i agree. but i noticed that if you get stressed, you loose 100 strands of hair per day. but ifyou are happy and relaxed, you loose lesser hair. the hair will never look thin cause you hair will grow back due to all the dead cells in your body. IN my country, having thin hair is the best.

I wash my hair every other day and blow dry very infrequently. I usually wash it at night then let it air dry.

I wash it at least 5 times a week, otherwise it's too oily. My hair is fine and bodyless...if I don't wash it, it looks gross!:bath:

Back