How often do you wash your hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wash my hair about three days a week. when i used to tell people this when i was in high school, i remember people thought it was disgusting - even though that is what you always hear supermodels say when they are sharing their beauty secrets! i used to do every other day up until recently, when i went a lot lighter. now my hair just feels like straw if i do that! i also sometimes just wash the roots and my bangs when i use a lot of products and don't want to wash my hair two days in a row...

the other day i was at my boyfriend's and he said my hair smelled really good, and it was really dirty! haha...sometimes i think we smell better than a bunch of products and fragrance.

I wash my hair every other day. If I am going out on a night that I didn't wash my hair that morning, I will wash it that night. I know people say their hair holds a style better when it's a little dirty, mine doesn't. It looks crappy and flat if I try that. :icon_scratch:

Every other day. My hairs thick and needs to be washed well to get rid of all my hair products that I use on a daily basis.

My hair looks way better after two days of not washing - it is dry and sucks in moisture so I need my scalp to get some natural oils in there. My hair also looks healthier when left unwashed for a few days. But after day 2 -I have to wash it. I go to the gym every other day so I can't go longer than 2 days -ick!

i wouldn't wash my hair everyday unless its really,really, oily.

overwashing can lead to hair getting too dry. basically, u have to play it by ear. trial and error

I wash my hair every second day. I have tried to go longer because my hair has a tendency to be dry but I just felt greasy and gross after the second day.

i wash mine when needed, which is every other day because it gets so oily since i touch it so much.

I always get nagged at about this. I wash my hair everyday. I can't stand the feeling of greasy hair. I have tried and tried to not wash my hair but every other day and I just can't.

I'm in Houston and it's way humid so I used to wash my hair every other day - a third was pushing it. When I moved away to less humid climate I quit using any product and I went to twice a week. Now that I'm back down here again - I was still twice a week but I'm usually pinning it back on the last day b/c it's flat from all the straightening.

My hair is fine to begin with, but since my hair is so oily i have no choice to wash it every day. I try minimizing it to every other day now.

I only wash my hair twice a week and use a shower cap on the non-wash days. I find that this helps to preserve my color longer and helps reduce dryness and breakage.

it depends on wat kind of hair you...i have to wash my hair every other day otherwise it feels greasy. I heard you should not wash your hair too much because , it may get rid important oils and other stuff your hair needs.

everyyyday.. or else i will get all the itchy feeling and my hair will becum oily...

Back