How often do you wash your hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
once in every 2 days
smile.gif

The way they described african american hair kind of Pi$$ed me off lol. I wash my hair about once a week. At first i didnt understand what people of other races meant when they complained about how they didnt have time to wash there hair, and then when i started doing hair myself, Caucassion, and African american, I noticed what they meant by it. African americans can get away with not washing there hair for about 3 weeks because are hair absorbs quickly, before there is anytime for it to matt or get greasy, or smell... I have actually never met anybody with smelly hair. But i guess it depends on the persons hair texture. But since im of mixed race. I can go about a weak up to 3 weeks, and never know the difference. I have never had oily hair unless i had put the oil in my hair manually. The only reason i do wash it once a weak is to bring my curls back after straightening it.

2-3 times a week for me. I have very thick, naturally curly/wavy hair.

It's nice to see that I'm not alone in this. All the people around me wash their hair almost every day, but for my hair to be in good shape I absolutely cannot do that.

I also let it air dry most of the time and maybe once a week will do a blow out.

I try to keep it at every other day but its hard for me to remember to not do it everyday since its such a big part in my shower routine

daily.. sometimes i even wash it twice a day... my little trick it to make sure you moisturise it a lot. i use hair conditioner and a leve in one too... that way, it's not dry

For me, every 2 wks... (sum say "eww" and cringe, I kno) but I have dreads, so washing more often dries them out too much.

But every weekend, I do a rinse and a hot oil treatment, to combat the dryness and freshen it up a bit...

every four days or every 5 days. Currently, my hair is in cornrows so...maybe in the next month I will be washing my dear hair.

Back