How often do you wash your hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I thought everyone washed it everyday! I do
bath.gif
because I hate smells of any kind and I cannot just not wash it. If I skip a day I just end up smelling my hair at noon the next day.

my hair is extremely flat and thin, so I must wash it every day. I wash every other day if I have my hair newly dyed. I'm sick of washing it every day but i don't wanna feel dirty.

I have thought about buying that leave in hair stuff, washless shampoo. Every so often I travel, I plane or bus it and I won't have time to stay super clean headed. : /

If any of you have other suggestions on what to do in between times, do please let me know!

I have oily hair and if I go longer than a day without washing it, it looks like I haven't washed it for a week so I have to wash it everyday

I wash my hair every one or two days. It depends on the hair products I put in my hair and how long I can tolerate it.

I have really long thick hair and I usually shampoo it three times a week conditioning it at least once a week. Sometimes when it feels really dry I use coconut oil to make it all shiny again

every day or every other day. usually i straighten it, and wash it every other day, so i can get two days of straight hair, but when i let it go curly, then i wash it every day, because when i sleep on it it gets weird.

I wash my hair three times a week at the most, but I only have to go out in public 4 days a week so that has something to do with it lol!

About.com says: "Unless your hair is very fine and gets oily very quickly, try not to wash your hair too often. The natural oil working its way down the strands is actually healthy. "

Live Journal Says: "Wash every day: Fine, thin hair and most short styles. Fine hair tends to become flat and greasy-looking if left unwashed for too long, thanks to the natural oils from the scalp. Short hair can become greasy quickly, too. Pick a gentle shampoo and follow with a light conditioner -- sometimes called a detangler -- with every shower.

i have fine combo hair, so i don't have much choice but to wash my hair daily. it's either that or greasy roots and flat hair, eww. pollution also doesn't help.

I have very dry hair...so I wash mines about every 4 days if I don't get sweaty. When I use a lot of product to wear it curly then I tend to wash it everyday.

Originally Posted by Marjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Twice or three times a week. Every other day usually. ME TOO

When I wore my hair short, it was pretty much wash and wear dry during every shower.

Now that I am wearing it longer (down below by shoulders), every other shower, just takes to long to dry otherwise!

Jennifer

Back