How old are you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im 26

5 years ago i gusss i was spolid cus i though that ll never work as a waitress or as a cleaning lady

and now i dont care

work is work and money is money

I'm 21. 5 years ago I kept a lot of friends that were'nt very nice to me, and I was a lot more forgiving towards men, because I had lower self esteem. I guess I cared more about what other people thought.

I guess I was more prepared to be a doormat than I am now, hehe

hi,

i'm Sharolya and i'm 25.

3 years ago, being loved by a guy was very important to me. i thought i needed it to be whole.

today, i am starting to realize that loving myself is more important than anyone else loving me. i am working on loving myself and realizing my talents, strengths, and beautiful qualities i possess.

I am 35.

Hmmm I have to think deeper about the second part of the question.

Great thread by the way=)

i'm 22, 23 in a month. five years ago, mm i'd say growing up is about learning to accept yourself as you are. i cared too much about being "normal" and what people said about me, but i was just unhappy. now it's just more **** off:thefinger: and learning to take care of myself.

i know also sometimes i'm acting like a child or a teenager, so even if i can be more mature than others, sometimes i'm also a bit childish.

I'm Heather and I'm a fabulous 25. 5 years ago, all I cared about was going out and partying with my friends, meeting guys, and getting wasted in some form or another. Now I never go out to bars/clubs anymore.

I'm 27 and five years ago, I was thinking about starting a career, getting married, buying a house, start saving for retirement and having another child. I'm glad to say I've accomplished all of those goals as of today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm 27 years old... I'd say 3-5 years ago, I had a low self-esteem and what others thought of me mattered a lot. Today, not so much unless they have some major role in my life.

i'm 24 and 5 years ago i thought that in order to be whole you needed to be liked and acceped by everybody. then i learnt that was immposible. and ever since i've stopped wasitng so much energy trying to please everybody i'm much happier.

also back in the day i used to party alot. now i don't. at all. because im old. :hehe:

I'm 32 and 5 years ago i was extrememly liberal and now 5 years later i am so/so liberal and so/so conservative in my thoughts. I also learned not EVERYBODY is willing to be your friend or like you

I'll be 31 in August.

5 years ago I was very concerned with what other people thought of me. I was also obsessed with my weight, and now I'm not.

I am 32!

5 years ago I was going through a divorce. I am in a much better place now.

I just turned 21.

Five years ago at age 16 - the most important thing to me was probably learning how to drive. There were other things, but I wasn't that stereotypical teen wanting to fit in much because I was friends with a lot of people anyway.

I'm 24 and 3 or 5 years ago I was so absorbed in my studies that I didn't realize that there is a "real" life out there. Now I've come to see that life consists of paying bills, getting your household done, doing things you don't want but have to do etc. Basically: the supposedly sweet freedom of being an adult brings with it many responsibilities and duties.

I turn 21 in 2 days.

5 years ago I looked for my self-confidence and cared a bit too much of other´s opinion..

I'm 24. Five years ago all I cared about was where the next party was at. Now I have a little man to look after & that just isn't important anymore.

I'm 31 and 5 years ago I was just trying to find where I belonged. I started not caring what people thought of me and found my career as a dog groomer. I'm happy except for the b*tches I have to deal with sometimes at work.

Back