How old are you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 18, nearly 19

and 5 years ago, all I cared about was what others thought of me, and I'd go out of my way to make others happy instead of making me happy. I had really low self esteem and allowed people to use me as a door mat. My things have changed!

I'm 17 now, and about 5 yrs ago (when i was only 12....) I have made the descision of who my real friends were, and weren't. And I don't regret it one bit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I turned 26 yesterday !!

3-5 years ago I was so eager to impress and be loved by everyone and I could never tell a person what I really thought of him/her in their face even if they hurt me!!Now I put myself and my feelings first!

I'll be 18 May 1st and 3-5 yrs ago I decided that I wasnt going to be walked on by anyone, school, family or friends so I left school, got rid of the bad friends and told my aunt and cousin and uncle to F-Off :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im 21

and 5 years ago I did not see how hard my mom really works to give me the life I have. Now I try and give her all that I can, she's so humble, I love her :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am 3 weeks away from 24. At 19, I was wrapped up in being a new member of my sorority, parties on the weekends, my best friends and passing my classes. Man I wish that was the most stressful things I would have to worry about now. Bills, wedding stuff, getting a job, & the health and happiness of my family and friends are the stresses I have today.

I'm 20, five years ago at 15 the most important thing to me was making me my crush didn't know I liked him.

Today, I'm getting married because I got enough balls to say "hello" back.

im 21 and about 4 years ago i was having the time of my life. i just wish i had my mentality now then. did i confuse you?! lol i wish i didnt care as much then even though i was having the time of my life.

3-5 years ago I did not have any real opinions on serious topics. Well, Duh! I was 12 years old. But now I care about more than just trivial things, and am a better person because I care about animals, the environment, and others. I don't just care about myself anymore.

In a way I miss not having any. Like the very famous saying "ignorance is bliss" because everyday I am constantly upset about these things, and wanting them to change for the better. But I know they wont, and I just kind of wish I could go back to being carefree..but I know I would not be doing the good I am doing now if this were the case.

First of all, I have to applaude all of you for the maturity that each of you have exhibited in your reflections of your life 5 years ago! Thinking of how much you have grown, now, think about how much more you all will learn within the next 5 years...so...when you are asked this same question 5 years from now I hope that you will comeback to this and look at how much more you have grown!

I'm 53years old, retired early to take care of my now deceased mother. Five years ago I would not have missed her companionship, but now I do....so Ladies, even tho your Mom may be difficult, now, she won't be around forever. I found a picture of her holding my then new-born neice (she's 20 years old, now) and of my father, also holding my neice...he died 2 years before Mom did....and I just bawled like a baby when I saw those pics. 5 years ago I would not have missed them, but for now I do...and that's eternal...

I'm 16 and 5 years ago i was worried my mom wouldnt want me anymore because she had my sister then my brother when i was 10. Now i look back and think of how stupid that was hahaha!

I'm 31, and five years ago I didn't think credit card use was a big deal.

It is. Now I have to avoid my credit cards like the plague!

I am 55 years old. I think I have finially grown up. Lol. Five years ago I think I was self-centered and only involved in career and making money. I have slowed down, am smelling the roses and enjoying the simple things life has to offer.

I'm 28. 5 years ago I wanted to be tan, now I realize it does too much damage to your skin. I used to look younger than my age now people think I'm my mom's sister and she's 45. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm 23, I'll be 24 in about 2 weeks, 5 years ago I was 19...and I was head over heels crazy about a guy who treated me wrong. I've learned not to compromise my self worth and my better judgement for any guy.

I hear you, Sherry Ann.

I'm 32 and in the last several years, have put ALOT on credit cards. it's now catching up with me and I'm trying to pay down the debt.

I've paid down some of it, but my beauty and fashion addiction sure isn't helping matters!

Back