How old were you when you got your driver's license?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine at 16 but it was a couple months after my birthday. I'm 20 now and I still have major anxiety about driving, I hate it!

In Australia in the 1970s you could get your learners at 16yrs and 9months and your licence at 17years old. I got my learners and my licence on the very first day on both occasions.

My Motorbike licence I got when I was in my early 30s.

I'm 22 and I still don't have mine, but I'm planning on getting my learner's permit aka "L" in January. I turn 23 next July, so I'll be 23 by the time I get my license.

It's cool that other people waited until they were older as well!

I just got my permit. I am going to get my license finally in January (hopefully I wont fail). I am 22. My excuse is that I have been lazy and in NYC, I just take the subways and buses mostly. Plus I know I still cant afford a car yet. My expenses are tight because I pay for college myself. And now I have to save up for a car.

I cant wait to finally drive and have my own car. Hopefully I will have saved up enough $ by my birthday (July) to buy a car *sigh*

I've had my permit for the past 5 yrs...lol. I never had the time and commitment to take the driver's test. Who knows, maybe some day. It's just that most of my friends have cars, and I live in nyc where public transpo is usually my means of commuting, so I never really had the necessary means to get it asap.

Originally Posted by usersassychick0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just got my N yesterday!! & I'm 17 Yay!! congrats!!
biggrin.gif

16 when I was learning to drive.

Waited a year up until it's expiration so I could avoid paying $300 for my behind the wheel permit. So, 18 when I got my DL (couple of days after my birthday) because I would only have to pay a few bucks plus no restriction on my license because I wasn't underage.

Originally Posted by blueangel1023 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've had my permit for the past 5 yrs...lol. I never had the time and commitment to take the driver's test. Who knows, maybe some day. It's just that most of my friends have cars, and I live in nyc where public transpo is usually my means of commuting, so I never really had the necessary means to get it asap. Permits expire every year, don't they? How you managed to have one for 5 years, haha?

I got mine at 19, but I hardly drive.. I am terrified to drive and even more so since our car accident.

Hasnt happened yet, Im so scared to drive. I did in Pa but the pace of traffic was terribley mild compaired to NC driving. They are all crazy down here, seriously the people in my down must have got their licenses from a cracker jack box.

I was 20 years old. Being from NYC I really didn't need one. Once I moved to OH, I realized that to even buy a piece of GUM I HAD to drive

Back