I.d Bare Minerals - anyone have a before & after?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crrista, that is so amazing. :clap Love how it gives a natural look on you.

Sorry if I confused anyone but that is not me in the tutorial! I do wear BE and it does give a very natural look but I definitely can't take credit for this :laughno: . Actually I would post a pic. but my skin is looking really good right now (knock on wood!) and I'm afraid the before/after wouldn't be very dramatic.

Bare Minerals is cool. Just not for me. It's too fresh/clean looking once applied. I guess it for chicks who are going for the Le Natural look. I, on the other hand, like to look fakie, lol. Pile on the 10lbs of makeup on me, thanx. :laughing:

I'm so curious about BM too! My friend uses BM and it looks fantastic on her, but she has really fair, creamy skin as opposed to me who has darkish tan south asian skin (like Pieced!), so I wonder if it would look as natural and flawless as it does on my friend. Would mineral veil make darker people look ashy?

I'm glad!

I love BE they make a great product! It covers nicely but not cakey.

I hate putting on foundation but not anymore!

Cool Jamie that looks really good:clap I also use Bare Minerals in medium and tan, but I have a problem because this foundation accentuates my pores. Does anyone have this problem? Is there a way to make this look better? Is it the way that I am applying it?

I find it accentuates my pores too and my wrinkles and my dark circles and any bumps!!!!! :scared:

Looks really pretty on Jamie though!!! I find it's good for a natural evened out look..... great for all you natural beauties!!!!! I personally need something a little more hard core!!!

So have you found anything better than this? what are you currently using? I saw some mineral foundation that my derm sells, next time I go for my facial I am going to ask how the coverage is I think the line is called mineral glo

I only use id minerals if I'm running to the corner store and I need a quick fix, other wise I use estee lauder's double wear (liquid foundation)but I think you might find it too heavy. They've been saying around here that apple cider vinegar toner helps reduce pore size???

i got my BE starter kit y'day and i tried it after watching the DVD since i have a wedding to attend that night. All i can say is WOW. i couldnt see traces of pwder foundation whatsoever when i look closely in the mirror. it's like im not wearing anything...i did around 3layers i think coz it really depends what kind of coverage you want.

I go back and forth on the Bare Minerals...It offers great coverage but sometimes I think it makes my skin look too dry and.........well, powdery. Maybe I'm just too hasty in my application, though. I think I'll try Philosophy's Supernatural, next. I hear it's not as shiny.

One thing I will say is that B.E. photographs amazingly well...Here's my B.E. face in Fairly Light (which is still a little too yellow, but I don't get any demarcation).

I have combination skin, and I use bareMinerals. It looks good, except I still have more shine than I want on my forehead and nose. It could just be me and how I see myself too though. I can take pictures if you still want some, I just can promise how soon I can post them.

FYI, for whoever asked, bareMinerals is the same company as Bare Escentuals. You may also hear of them as M.D. Formulations. It's all the same company though. I think bareMinerals is more makeup, Bare Escentuals is more skin care and perfumes, and M.D. Formulations is yet more skin care.

Back