I.d Bare Minerals - anyone have a before & after?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that tutorial is awesome. Theres a huge difference between the before and after photo. Amazing! :clap I'll take into consideration jumping over to BE. :sdrop:

Wow! I watched the tutorial, and it's definitely more in depth than the DVD that comes with the starter kit. They just move WAY too fast on the DVD, and you don't really feel like you've been given a lot of information. I checked into the tutorial, and this morning tried it the way she said ~ By grinding, not "buffing." Let me tell you, HUGE difference! Problem is, I think I can actually go back down from Tan to Medium if I'm going to grind... I'll still try to get pics on here soon!

Oh boy! Not another lemming. If I could get the same clean, natural look without foundation than I'd be all for it. Ebay has samples and the BE website has videos, so I could start there.

The Kabuki Brush and I have a hate/hate relationship. It hates to NOT shed and pile on me, and I hate that it does that! Does your brush do that, or anyone's brush for that matter? I've thought about buying a different Kabuki brush by another company, but just haven't done it yet.

I'm a weird skin tone, so it's ALWAYS been a problem for me to find a color that looks good. In the Fall and Winter I'm more golden with a yellow undertone, but in the Summer I'm more golden brown with a "pinkish" undertone (Spring is neutral for me). As I live in NY, it's a wee bit cold out now so I haven't gotten a lot of sun to any extent! In which case, I think Tan is a little too dark right now if I use the Kabuki brush. However, the FAFB would be perfect.

I use larenim - it's cheaper (less advertising, none as far as I know?) and less harsh on the skin. I love it!

Hmmmm... Just curious, but cheaper in what regard? bareMinerals foundation sells for $25 and Larenim sells for $24.99, unless it's a "more for less" kind of cheaper. Also, they don't have SPF according to what I read. Well, they do but it's not like "real" SPF. I'm honestly not trying to invoke argument, I was just curious...

You look GORGEOUS in your picture! For some reason I had a really bad experience with photos and B.E. and now don't wear it if I know I will be photographed. But you look great! Did you try the Fair color in the line? It is more pinky-beige, no real yellow in it. I have the same problem with the B.E. making me look dry sometimes, and I do use the Philosophy Supernatural (keep it in my purse when I wear the minerals for touch ups) and it is more matte and doesn't show pores or look or feel dry but for me it doesn't give the coverage that the other does. I DO use the concealer under it so it helps. If you don't need much coverage it will probably work well for you. I LOVE the little jar and sponge top applicator, that and the convenience is why I like it but like I said I just use it for touch ups. Give it a try, it is really nice and easy! Good luck!Chermarie

Just average incandescents. Nothing special. You know how it is with bathroom lighting, though. For some reason, everything looks better in there.

I used Bare Minerals and i loved it. It gave good coverage and I didn't break out as much as i do with Mary Kay my present foundation. But they are very expensive.:clap

Yea, the price seems like a lot. I've been thinking about trying them. I suppose if I'd stop breaking out, I could save the hundreds of dollars on failed acne products and be in the black, so to say.

Get their kits

Sephora.com and Ulta.com have them for good prices.

I'll buy the one from Ulta from now on since I don't need the brushes.

I'll get Hubby to take some pics today. I would have done it sooner, but I didn't see this post:laughno: ! lol! Sorry I'll get to it asap! Luv Anyah:icon_smil

ohh and to respond to a earlier post...

Bare Minerals has a spf of 15. I didn't buy it for that but I am happ yit's there! lol!

Anyah

My mother uses it and loves it (bare minerals) I think she gets hers on QVC-it may be less expensive there.......My biggest fear was looking "powdery" and dry, even with my combo skin. All of the pics and tutorials have been very helpful.

I've yet to try BE since my sampler set hasn't arrived but I've heard of the 'sandwich' method. Apply mineral veil first on areas where pores are visible/large then buff in your foundation then mineral veil again after to set makeup. That might solve big pores dilemma.

I've also heard that BE does emphasizes pores and dry areas on some people. Maybe an extra dose of moisturizer might help? Also try using BE's face rev-er upper, I hear it's really good.:icon_smil

Oh and btw, they say the 'shiny-ness' of BE is due to bismuth oxychloride. Those with sensitive skin might get breakouts from this. There are a lot of bismuth-free mineral makeup out there. A few of them are cheaper and let's you buy samples online first before you buy the whole pot.:icon_smil

Waiting eagerly for the pictures...

Since this is my post, it's only fair that I also put up a before and after pic, I do this as soon as I get my camera...

i'm loving BE now...i have very oily skin/acne prone/large pores and i usually blot 2-3 sheets of oil control films on my oily face even with loose powder dust over my foundation, BUT with BE, i dont need to blot anymore. The minerals absorbs the oils and my face isn't shiny anymore nor it is drying, there is oil but it's not that greasy, shiny or anything that would make me reach for my oil sheets, it kind of gives a dewy effect, i guess. And, it doesnt really look that i have foundation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back