I.d Bare Minerals - anyone have a before & after?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You look great! Im using mineral MU also but its a different brand. Im finding out that different brands have different coverages.

Thank you. I've had a lot of acne scars, and right now I'm using the Avon Anew 2step peel (only my 3rd day), and it's working wonders for my skin already...

Thank you, I couldn't find any other mineral foundation here in Sweden, so I have to live iwth BE for the time being, but I owuld love to try other brands...

okay ... u're like the 100th person who has said something good about this Avon Anew peel ... i'm realliii lemming it now ... but just spent $200 ... so ... trying to go on a no buy ... lol

It's definatly worth the $20, and on ebay it's around $10. I got mine of ebay, and with shipping and everything, it was just $20, and it's so worth, because my skin before was just horrible...

Pieced you look beautiful! the bare minerals really suits your skin! and your skin on the b4 pics looks glowing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> X

Hi,

I've been using Bare Escentuals for over a year now. I started with the infomercial kit and then I buy stuff on QVC and Ulta. I am on quite a few medications so my skin which has always been extremely oily and acne prone is now combination with oily and dry patches with awful redness on my cheeks and large pores. If my skin is overly dry in areas, it does show more so just use a good moisturizer or a primer.

I am a makeup fanatic and I have used many different foundations from low end to high end. I like the BE because I don't feel it on my skin and it doesn't cake up. I use tinted mineral veil first, then about 3 coats of the foundation concentrating on the red areas and then one finishing coat of the tinted mineral veil. It only takes a few minutes, practice makes perfect.

My skin looks good and my husband really likes it on me.

I don't have the courage to show a before picture (believe me it is NOT PRETTY) but here is an after.

Marilyn

You look gorgeous! You can't see a single flaw on your skin!!

I have been using BE for a couple of weeks and I love it too. At first I didn't think the coverage was going to be good enough but it is just perfect and my skin looks much better with BE than other regular foundations. It is way more natural looking.

I find it interesting that you use the tinted mineral veil first. I never thought of that. I use the regular mineral veil after I put on the foundation. You look as if you have light skin. I use Fairly Light Foundation. I wonder if the tinted veil would be too dark?

Thank you Katie, imy skin is glowing thanks to the Avon 2step peel, it's a bit bumpy at the moment...

Mari you look fab! I love mineral makeup too. Although I don't use bare minerals, I use Lily Lolo (a UK based site). The damage that liquid foundation did is still here with me today. Anyways I love mineral makeup its great! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> x

I love Bare Escentuals. It's the only brand of makeup that actually felt and did good to my skin. It totally eradicated the pimple farm on my chin. As I kept saying to my friends over and over, I will never ever use any other foundation for my face as long as I live (hopefully BE will still be around by then). The procedure may look tedious but believe me, once you get used to it, you'll be able to swirl, tap and buff the foundation, mineral veil, clear radiance, well rested e/s concealer and multi-tasking bisque to cover minor blemishes in 3 minutes tops. It's my absolute HG of all time. :inlove:

Thank you.

I use the Medium Beige foundation since I am Latino and I have a bit of yellow in my skin. I love the Tinted Mineral Veil, I never use the regular one anymore. It just adds very little color, I honestly think that it would not be a problem. If you want, I will mail you a sample of the Tinted Mineral Veil (I have a new one that I got in a kit). Let me know.

Marilyn

Thanks!!! It takes some getting used to in the beginning but if you do only half of your face it is amazing the coverage you can achieve.

Marilyn

Everyone looks great!!! I got rid of my BE... Might've been a dumb move, but I wasn't using it, and I figured someone else could get better use of it... I do still use the Glee though... Anywho, lovely ladies!!!

I also tried BE and decided it wasn't for me. I think because i have a tendency towards dry sensitive skin it just ended up sitting on top and looking cakey and made my face feel very dry. I also found the coverage not brilliant, probably because i could only use so little because otherwise it just sat on top of my skin accentuated the few large pores i have and also accentuated the few lines i have, and even using the kabuki brush i found if i buffed it in too hard that made my face sore. I was quite dissapointed because i have seen so many people have great success with it and i really wanted to make it work but in the end i think it added years rather than take them off. I still have a few bits left from when i tried it and what i have started doing is mixing a little of the BE inwith some moisturiser and applying it with a sponge, it makes a great tinted moisturiser that way without the drying problems i was getting

A trick to avoid enlarged pores with BE is to use the "sandwich method" often advised at beaddicts.com. Using a concealer brush, apply the mineral veil on oily areas and areas where pores tend to be enlarged, like the forehead, nose and the triangle of skin around the nose. Then buff the foundation, then buff mineral veil. Essentially, the foundation is "sandwiched" between two applications of mineral veil, and this works like magic in eradicating enlarged pores.

Here are a couple of my BE looks (sorry no before pic, I look much better with BE on :laughing: ):

I used the Bare Minerals once & found I had a reaction to the Bismuth in it :icon_cry: . I did however find an alternative that can actually be compared to BM

& is bismuth free. So if any of you are allergic to bismuth or you just think BM is way to expensive I strongly encourage you to try everyday minerals before giving up or not trying minerals because of the cost. I love it & have been wearing it for 2 months now.

Back