I.d Bare Minerals - anyone have a before & after?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the starter kits come with face rev-er upper, and it made me break out big time.

it seems to be better for dry skin... my mom took it before i could throw it away and really loves it.

the revver upper seems to be working fine with me. i have very oily skin btw. this actually helps the minerals to stick better for a flawless look. i wouldnt wear the revver upper alone tho' as it makes my skin a bit shiny.

Hey, where are they??? :icon_smil

I ordered some samples off Ebay and watched the 2 hour QVC special on BE tonite. The reviews are sooooo very mixed but we shall see!

I use Bare Minerals. I don't know if I'm going to use it again once it runs out. I think it's made my skin slightly wacky since I started using it.

The ones where I have all black hair is before bare minerals. The blue shirt is without makeup and the black scarf/kiss shirt is with a liquid(cover girl) foundation and just eyeliner.

I actually used bare minerals for a quick photoshoot I did. The green wall is from it and the one with me wearing this colorful scarf brown jacket is the same night, just before we left and I'm under a flash. So it's realistic I guess. But I'm wearing the foundation kinda heavy. I don't like to wear heavy foundation normally.

The next to last one is me and my friend. (I am the asian one, incase it's not clear of who I am.) But anyway, This after wearing it ALL freaking day. We took these at 1 AM and uhh..it is NOT pure enough to sleep in. It feels quite disgusting.

I am getting more pimples since I started using it...So..I don't know if I'll buy anymore of this stuff. But I will miss how quick I put on foudation and how non-messy it is.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">no pics, but I use it. My skin has improved, due to no more heavy foundation. Yes, it can look powdery, the trick is to not use too much and to keep your skin moisturized and exfoliated.

Also, it really isn't expensive. You use such small amounts, it last forever and think about it - even drugstore makeup runs at least $10 for a decent brand of liquid foundation, then another $10 for the powder - with BE, u r only using one thing, the foundation IS powder, and a $25 jar will lasts me at least 4 to 6 months.

It stays on, with minimal touch up, even in east coast humidity, even when you are sweaty. Lots of great, fun colors to choose from. The shadows, especially the glimmers, are so pretty... I don't use the lip stick, glosses, mascaras or eye pencils, I'm already happy with my favorites I've been using for years, but I love the rest. One of the best things is that it's fun to have a different way to apply makeup, after so many years of doing it one way.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I say, if you are intrigued, get a sample kit for $45 to $60 and give it a try.

Even if you hate it, you'll come away with the 3 nice makeup brushes you get with the kit. ( a kabuki, a face brush, a concealer brush ) OR you'll be like me, going back to the store every other day for another thing from the BE collection!

For the person who mentioned wanting to try new brushes, check out Japonesque brushes at Ulta - their Bronzer Brush (its a Kabuki) is awesome!!!

thx for letting us know .... i've always wanted to try it since i saw the infomercials .. but ... it's so time consuming .... and i don't have that much time to put on makeup every morning

Umm..really if I was just putting on the foundation..it would take me a like 2 or 3 minutes. You just have to know how to apply it and it's not real hard.

i know it's not hard ... but it's just time consuming ... 1st put on one layer .. then ..... etc .....

... with foundation u just "slap" it on and you're ready to apply blush , mascara .. etc

Well, it took me long enough to get my ugly mug on here with a before and after pic. I apologize it took so long! I was waiting to receive my digital camera before I took the pics. Try not to laugh too hard *lol* (FYI, I don't think the lighting in the room helps me)

The picture without BE is the one on the left (ew!) and the one w/ BE is on the right... I'm wearing the foundation in Medium Beige w/ Glee on my cheeks, Mineral Veil over everything, and Stila mascara... That's it

You look great, on the first pic, you are glowing, but on the second pic, it looks better, but with the natural glow still there. And you eyes, they look beautiful...

Here's a different pic I took a little later... It looks somewhat better... I didn't realize my uneven skin tone looked that bad... I don't recall it looking like that before.... Yowza!!!

Awww.... Thanks! :hehe:

I try... I don't really use BE a lot anymore as I've become addicted to Stila Cosmetics... The kabuki brush and I don't get along, but I used the Heavenly Face Brush today... That worked A LOT better!!!

I really am excited to try BE but I am kinda leary since the reviews are so mixed. I really wanted a kabuki brush and was watching QVC one day and saw some makeup Joan Rivers had on and one thing was a pink swirl all-over-the-face color with a kabuki brush and I got it. However, the makeup was all broken when I got it, it was packaged great but who knows what happens during shipping so I sent it back for a new one and haven't gotten that back yet to try the kabuki brush. I just ordered some small BE samples off Ebay so we will see. I have this opinion that there is SOMETHING out there to take care of EVERYTHING so I am on the hunt!

Good luck! Hopefully you like it. I ended up falling in love with Stila Cosmetics. It gives me a completely natural look, and it doesn't seem to wear off or transfer to clothing. Perfect everytime. BE and I just don't seem to like each other some days *lol* I think I need to get the Tinted Mineral Veil because I have had days where the regular one made me look weird... They say it's translucent, but I dunno.... It's the only thing my aunt and her best friend will use... Their collections are getting immense *lol*

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I don't know why people think BE takes so long to apply- its the exact opposite. Especially if you are in a hurry. You don't get the lines and obvious difference from bare skin to makeup like you have w/ regular foundation, so there is no blending. A light application is really all you need, unless you want a heavier, powdery look. Just swirl the brush over your face, & add some color to your cheeks. I have yet to buy their blush cause the all over face colors like warmth, glee or warm radiance are enough! If you want a no fuss quick makeup look, you have to try this. Its so versatile, and when you want to go all ot, it will do that for you too!

My favorites from the line are the Warm Radiance face color, its really orange in the jar but is soooo natural and pretty on, and the Devotion Glimmer shadow, which I smudge all around my eyes, its a smokey purple plummy color that has a fine shimmer to it-- so sexy! The one thing I can say about BE, besides the quality, is that it is FUN to put on! And you can mix the BE products with your other makeup, there are no rules saying you have to be all BE!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Since this was my thread, it's only fair that I also post some before and after pics...

First and second pics are Before, and third and fourth ones are After

Back