I was accused of shoplifting and almost arrested today at CVS due to my appearance

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, but the thing is low level employees can't easily steal oxycodone even A-Techs and B-Techs can't steal it easily and it would be a pharmacist(s) or manager that would have easy access. A-Techs and B-Techs do have access to the medications, A-Techs more so than B-Techs but still it would be really hard for them to steal.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahh, but the thing is low level employees can't easily steal oxycodone even A-Techs and B-Techs can't steal it easily and it would be a pharmacist(s) or manager that would have easy access. A-Techs and B-Techs do have access to the medications, A-Techs more so than B-Techs but still it would be really hard for them to steal.
This is true but if we're looking at it from a point of view of just stealing "little" stuff (lipsticks, ink catridges, etc) maybe an emplyee was stealing those items and trying to pin it on Amber because they know she frequents the store? Either way, I'd personally like to email the corporate company and give them a piece of my mind over this matter but I'm not going to make a fuss until Amber decides what she's happy to do. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is true but if we're looking at it from a point of view of just stealing "little" stuff (lipsticks, ink catridges, etc) maybe an emplyee was stealing those items and trying to pin it on Amber because they know she frequents the store? Either way, I'd personally like to email the corporate company and give them a piece of my mind over this matter but I'm not going to make a fuss until Amber decides what she's happy to do. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
We had this happen when I worked at Hollister. An employee was stealing cash and clothing.

What happened to you was the last straw for me with CVS. I pulled all 18 of my prescriptions this morning from them and took them all to another pharmacy in town. They lost close to $4500.00 dollars a month from me as I have no insurance and must pay for it out of my pocket. All those times I would impulse buy while waiting on my scripts is also going to be over. And yeah they have terrible customer service. What ever happened to innocent till proven guilty? I'm with alot of the others call an attorney and see what he says. The media is a great outlet as well because that's when people stand up and take notice.

Originally Posted by Nightgem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What happened to you was the last straw for me with CVS. I pulled all 18 of my prescriptions this morning from them and took them all to another pharmacy in town. They lost close to $4500.00 dollars a month from me as I have no insurance and must pay for it out of my pocket. All those times I would impulse buy while waiting on my scripts is also going to be over. And yeah they have terrible customer service. What ever happened to innocent till proven guilty? I'm with alot of the others call an attorney and see what he says. The media is a great outlet as well because that's when people stand up and take notice.
 I even told my boyfriend of this story and his reaction was "wow! she should sue them." and then, "are you still gonna shop there?" and then "write them a corportate letter. tell all those makeup girls to do it. thats not fair just cuz she has pink hair." lol so cute. but seriously! they're losing a significant amount of profit just from us girls hearing your story.

I think CVS is owned by Albertson's which has been laying off a ton of employees. I don't think they're in the position to be losing customers. 

Albertsons is owned by SuperValu. Albertsons sold their free standing drugstore - Osco Drug and Sav-on Drugs - to CVS. From Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt.

On January 23, 2006, CVS announced that it had agreed to acquire the freestanding drug store operations of supermarket chain Albertsons. The deal included the acquisition of 700 drug stores trading under the Osco Drug and Sav-On Drugs banners, mostly in the Midwest and Southwestern United States with primary concentration of stores in Southern California and Northern Illinois; and was formally completed on June 2, 2006. Transition of Sav-On and Osco stores to the CVS brand began shortly thereafter, and was completed by December 2006. CVS now dominates the Southern California market. Also included were Albertsons Health'n'Home (now CVS Home Health) durable medical equipment (DME) stores. Approximately 28 CVS Home Health locations are present in Arizona, California and the Kansas City area, representing CVS' first venture into the specialized DME market.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi ladies!! So today I had quite an experience...

My mother and I were at CVS shopping for about 15 minutes before I checked out. I purchased a lipstick, handed the clerk my cvs card, and used ECB so it ended up being free. We went out to my car to leave and 2 police officers blocked my car in and demanded we get out. They told us the store called and is accusing us not only of shoplifting products today, but that that they think I have been stealing from them for MONTHS. The officers said they had been instructed to look for makeup, baby items, printer ink, medications and more 

My car and purse were completely searched through and they did background checks on us. I had 3 lipsticks on me...the one I just purchased (and had my receipt for) and 2 that cvs does not sell. In the back seat of my car I had a few magazines and bags with items we'd been out shopping for. That included one ink cartridge my mom bought. She couldn't find her reciept so THANK GOD she paid by credit card because the officers called the store she bought it at and verified she had just purchased it (it was also not one of the ink #'s the store claimed was stolen). The officers then said they were going in to review the store footage. After some time they came out and told us it cleared us and showed we did nothing wrong, but that the store was still 100% certain I was a thief and did not want my mom or I shopping there anymore. If we came back to the store they would call the cops and we would be arrested.

At this point the officers are like why did they even call us with no proof of wrongdoing? The officers went back inside to question the manager and associate who called and were told that I fit the "physical profile" of someone who would steal (because of my pink hair) and I'm in the store multiple times a week and often purchase nothing which they felt is suspicious. As you all know I'm constantly out running to cvs, walgreens, target etc looking for limited edition makeup displays and deals. Sometimes I'm just in and out if I don't see what I'm looking for. I guess my appearance and frequent store visits instantly qualified me to be the person who'd been stealing?

So the officers told us we were free to go...they would be taking no action against us not even a warning, but to stay the hell away from that store because they are dying to pin something on me for whatever reason.Words seriously cannot express how not only embarrassing, but scary it is to have cops search and threaten to arrest you when you know you've done nothing wrong. And even worse is knowing I'd been shopping there for months and they were secretly watching me hoping to spot me stealing something. So now I'm banned from shopping there (not like I'd choose to go back anyways).

The funny thing is I've actually been named student of the month and citizen of the year by the fort myers police department in the past. They need to teach their employees to stop making assumtions about customers based on their appearance. Not every person who looks different is a criminal

I posted a complaint onto their facebook wall if any of you would be so kind as to like, comment on or share my experience so it's not ignored. I'm still debating whether or not to take legal action against the store

https://www.facebook.com/CVS/posts/10151135685143116

I will be calling their customer service when they open back up on Monday, but I want something to be done about it before then so hopefully if my fb post generates enough interest they will take it seriously. Thank you
I was in a Walgreens last year and I kept my motorcycle helmet on.  They waited until I found all I needed and then asked me to remove my helmet.  I just left all the stuff and left.  I guess they thought because I rode a freaking pink scooter I had a gun or something.  The only reason I am going back to a Walgreens is to look for the Disney Villans.  

Looks like CVS managers are not the only ones who act like idiots. One of the managers at a Walmart called the cops on a bunch of elementary schools and called them a flash mob.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/14/walmart-refuses-to-let-school-choir-sing-god-bless-america-in-store-on-11/

Principal Terri Thelmas told the Sun Sentinel that in an "effort to right a wrong," the students went outside and performed in the parking lot. The students and parents were already heading to their cars when the police arrived, saying they were responding to reports of a "flash mob."   Thelmas tells the Sun Sentinel she is the one who arranged the performance with a store manager named "Frank." The manager on duty that night reportedly called the choir a "liability" and added that "Frank" had been fired.

PSHH! I never shop at CVS because the things they sell are sometimes marked high in price.

Go to Walgreens or Rite Aid... whatever you have in your state. That is also creepy to have

someone be watching you and probably talking about you whenever you go there. You could

sue them easily and win. CVS sucks anyways, they are the wannabes to Walgreens.

Walgreens will always be the best for me! :) (btw, pink hair is awesome! they're just

jealous because they have boring hair, unlike you.)

Could you make your font larger?? Its hard for us with bad eyesights to see what you posted.

Originally Posted by mizjmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PSHH! I never shop at CVS because the things they sell are sometimes marked high in price.

Go to Walgreens or Rite Aid... whatever you have in your state. That is also creepy to have

someone be watching you and probably talking about you whenever you go there. You could

sue them easily and win. CVS sucks anyways, they are the wannabes to Walgreens.

Walgreens will always be the best for me! :) (btw, pink hair is awesome! they're just

jealous because they have boring hair, unlike you.)

On your keyboard, select "control +" It will make things bigger, just in case you are on a different site and the font is not large enough. You can hold down the control key and hit + as many times as it takes to get things larger. Also, Control - will make things smaller. 

Yes, I know how to make zoom in and out but why post in tiny font to begin with?

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On your keyboard, select "control +" It will make things bigger, just in case you are on a different site and the font is not large enough. You can hold down the control key and hit + as many times as it takes to get things larger. Also, Control - will make things smaller. 

Thats ok. My original comment wasnt for you either :/

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know, I didn't post the tiny font. I was just trying to help you.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another story of employees going over board.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-safeway-four-year-old-shoplifting,0,4391450.story

The little 4-years-old girl ate some dried apricots and the security guard banned her for life, threatened to have HER arrested and was just a plain ol' jerk.
This makes me sad. When I was little my mom used to let us eat bananas in the store if we were hungry and we would tell the checkout person we did and they would just weigh one of our bananas again. I just don't understand why they didn't charge the parent for a handful of apricots and realize that she is 4.

I agree! I would contact Legal Aid who probably will not help but INSTEAD will you refer you to a lawyer who will. Some schools have an affiliated legal counsel (for example all students at my college could visit a lawyer for free!). Good luck and I'm sorry for your miserable experience.

Latest posts

Back