Indie bath products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very happy with Cocoa Pink today. When I ordered during the sale last month, I asked if it would be possible to try out the Warm Mittens scent, thinking I'd just get a little sample vial, if anything. But she sent a good sized travel bottle of the Princess Poo Shampoo - I am SO excited to try it! On a sniff, I think it will smell amazing, and I *just* ran out of my regular shampoo, so this is perfect timing.

Has anyone else used this shampoo? @@ohsailor? How did you all like it?

The Princess Poo shampoo is pretty good. I'd order it again. I have Warm Mittens in something, but I can't remember what it smells like...I must go back and sniff. I may or may not be swimming in bath products, but I just love them so much!

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge CP fan, but like you said their list is SUPER EXTENSIVE! I've tried about 25 scents total, and there's two scents that I like, but they're both seasonal...

Green Apple Noel - Sweet, juicy crisp Granny Smith apples with lashings of Vanilla Bean Noel.

Bonfire Pumpkins - This scent started out as an accident then turned into my personal all time favorite scent. This year I decided to share. We accidentally mixed Pumpkin porridge with Marshmallow Fireside and created a sensational creamy bonfire scent with notes of maple oats drizzled with pure golden clover honey, a pinch of muscovado sugar all topped with a dollop of sugared pumpkin puree plus toasted vanilla marshmallows over a roaring fire. This is a smoky scent.

I absolutely adore Green Apple Noel! It's so wonderful, I think it would work for any of CP products. Bonfire Pumpkins is great as well, but it is very smokey!!

Also, if you're into hair care I'd try some of CP products. I think their hair products are their best products!
Green Apple Noel sounds really nice! I wish there was a way to make a giant set of scratch and sniff samples for companies with such extensive lists of scents. It's overwhelming to pick some to try!

I know I want more of the Cotton Candy Canes...it's super sweet and minty  and I like both of those things for bedtime.

Green Apple Noel sounds really nice! I wish there was a way to make a giant set of scratch and sniff samples for companies with such extensive lists of scents. It's overwhelming to pick some to try!

I know I want more of the Cotton Candy Canes...it's super sweet and minty and I like both of those things for bedtime.
Scratch and sniff samples, such a good idea! I wish they could do that! CP does offer a pretty generous deal for dram samples of their perfumes. I'm not sure if perfumes are your thing, but I think it's around $18.00 for 6 drams. That's just another option to try a few scents. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Scratch and sniff samples, such a good idea! I wish they could do that! CP does offer a pretty generous deal for dram samples of their perfumes. I'm not sure if perfumes are your thing, but I think it's around $18.00 for 6 drams. That's just another option to try a few scents. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I do love perfumes (and they are actually my main fragrance interest) but the two samples I got from CP are definitely better suited for lotions/soaps, for me. Super sweet tends to go weird on me in perfume form but is usually fine as a lotion for whatever reason! Like to try Bonfire Pumpkins as a perfume though!

Silly double post, I'm on my phone and it won't let me edit ::sorry guys::

Bonfire Pumpkins would be a nice perfume (in my opinion).

Bonfire Pumpkins is my absolute OBSESSION. 

I am very happy with Cocoa Pink today. When I ordered during the sale last month, I asked if it would be possible to try out the Warm Mittens scent, thinking I'd just get a little sample vial, if anything. But she sent a good sized travel bottle of the Princess Poo Shampoo - I am SO excited to try it! On a sniff, I think it will smell amazing, and I *just* ran out of my regular shampoo, so this is perfect timing.

Has anyone else used this shampoo? @@ohsailor? How did you all like it?

I actually am trying it for the first time tomorrow! I got it about a month ago but had put up a new rule that I have to finish something before opening a new bottle, just to keep everything my streamlined. I got the Princess Poo Shampoo and a couple of different conditioners. I also got the hair and body spray, so I plan on smelling AMAZING tomorrow!!

My favorite CocoaPink scents are fairytale, watermelon kiwi pops, sun kissed clouds (smells like an orange creamsicle!), cotton candy explosion, berry iced tea, scarlet crush, and ruby sand beach. Most of those are seasonal scents, so I don't think they're available at the moment, but they'll come back next year.

I haven't tried their shampoo yet (I ordered some during their early Black Friday sale, and it's still being processed), but I have tried their silky free conditioner, and I love it. It feels very moisturizing, and I love that you can pick whatever scent you want for it.

How do you all use your bubbling scrubs or whipped soap?

Do you use a wash cloth or just hands or what. So far I find it best to just use my hands, but I don't know if that's the best way to use it.
I use a loofah mostly. Except at the boyfran's when I use my hands. They definitely get sudsy-er with the loofah and I feel cleaner. 

@@meaganola, got my shipping yesterday!! I am getting Lady Gray & Affogato as perfumes, cocoa whipped soap & detangler, plus yule lotion :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want everyone to be prepared - when I wear Lady Grey (I have the full size) the top notes always seem to smell like cigarette smoke. But... not in a bad way? Like a fancy lady is smoking her fancy cigarette in a tea room next to me. It is honestly the oddest thing and I wonder what ingredient is making that scent! I still love the scent though, it is a gorgeous, musky tea scent!

But I know a lot of you are triggered by scent, so I just wanted to put that out there in case you'd be trying it for the first time!

I just want everyone to be prepared - when I wear Lady Grey (I have the full size) the top notes always seem to smell like cigarette smoke. But... not in a bad way? Like a fancy lady is smoking her fancy cigarette in a tea room next to me. It is honestly the oddest thing and I wonder what ingredient is making that scent! I still love the scent though, it is a gorgeous, musky tea scent!

But I know a lot of you are triggered by scent, so I just wanted to put that out there in case you'd be trying it for the first time!
I didn't pull cigarettes out of it. I frankly smell like very high-quality, pungent marijuana with Lady Grey. Forget the reputation of potheads and patchouli. I don't smell like I'm trying to cover it up, I smell like I'm bragging about it. I am calling attention to the weed I'm am not smoking. I made the mistake of wearing Lady Grey to work. My job is at a satellite office of a cancer hospital, and people were walking around wonderIng if there were patients around who were partaking in a less conventional sort of therapy.

I didn't pull cigarettes out of it. I frankly smell like very high-quality, pungent marijuana with Lady Grey. Forget the reputation of potheads and patchouli. I don't smell like I'm trying to cover it up, I smell like I'm bragging about it. I am calling attention to the weed I'm am not smoking. I made the mistake of wearing Lady Grey to work. My job is at a satellite office of a cancer hospital, and people were walking around wonderIng if there were patients around who were partaking in a less conventional sort of therapy.
I laughed out loud when I read this - I don't know what is worse, a classy smoker or a classy pothead! :lol:

Huh.  Given where I work and the parks I go through to get lunch (IN FRONT OF CITY HALL, COURTHOUSES, FEDERAL BUILDINGS, AND THE MAIN POLICE DEPARTMENT BUILDING), not to mention the people on the bus, I frequently involuntarily smell like that anyway.  There was a protest three blocks from my building.  I couldn't hear it until I was a block away.  I *smelled* it two blocks away.

I love Fizzbutter for bath bombs-- they're the most moisturizing by far of all the kinds I've tried. Moon's Harvest is my favorite for fun bath stuff that aren't bath bombs. They have some really cute and creative things. 

I haven't ordered from many but I'm going to wait until after SS is over to reveal every indie bath company I've tried  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oregon friends-- have you heard of/bought Bombshell Bath products? I found them on Facebook today and am considering getting products from them. It looks like they have good stuff for sensitive skin and also solid shampoo bars. (http://www.bombshellbath.com/products.html)
I have never heard of Bombshell Bath! Thanks for the tip! I like trying local companies!

@ Are you going to Crafty Wonderland this weekend? I saw several bath/body companies on the vendor list!

Back