Indie bath products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, do any of you know of any indie companies that sell dusting powders, similar to Lush ones (I really like Silky Underwear and Vanilla Puff)? I really like them for potentially sweaty/humid times and can't remember ever seeing them.

So, do any of you know of any indie companies that sell dusting powders, similar to Lush ones (I really like Silky Underwear and Vanilla Puff)? I really like them for potentially sweaty/humid times and can't remember ever seeing them.
Queen Bee Apothecary sells dusting powder. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't vouch for whether it's good, but it's cheap enough that it might be worth trying.

Right now I'm obsessed with indie soap. Anybody got some recommendations? I recently went to a local indie market and picked up a bar from The Little Bubble, which is owned by kids (with the aid of their parents) and it smells fantastic. I got Fruitloop Dingus and it makes my bathroom smell all pretty.

Right now I'm obsessed with indie soap. Anybody got some recommendations? I recently went to a local indie market and picked up a bar from The Little Bubble, which is owned by kids (with the aid of their parents) and it smells fantastic. I got Fruitloop Dingus and it makes my bathroom smell all pretty.
I need that soap. My boyfriend calls me chingus and I call him dingus. So fruit loop dingus is quite appropriate.

I need that soap. My boyfriend calls me chingus and I call him dingus. So fruit loop dingus is quite appropriate.
It has this sweet fruity scent that is somewhat creamy. I really like it! And the name was great!

I got a couple of bars (honey and peppermint bark) from Sweet Clementine and I have only used the honey one so far, but I really like it!

I've also gotten several things (honey soap, beer soap, mini bathbombs, bath salts) from bonbon bathhouse and I really liked them, too!

I got a couple of bars (honey and peppermint bark) from Sweet Clementine and I have only used the honey one so far, but I really like it!

I've also gotten several things (honey soap, beer soap, mini bathbombs, bath salts) from bonbon bathhouse and I really liked them, too!
I love the look of Sweet Clementine. Has anyone ever felt like they should be eating the soap instead of washing with it? They look all pretty and colorful and I imagine they have a jelly or marshmallow-like texture.

Or maybe I'm just odd.

I love the look of Sweet Clementine. Has anyone ever felt like they should be eating the soap instead of washing with it? They look all pretty and colorful and I imagine they have a jelly or marshmallow-like texture.

Or maybe I'm just odd.
YES. The peppermint bark is in two shards like real peppermint bark and I wanted to lick it so badly, hahah. I think  I'm going to get some more of her stuff because it is so cute.

@@Deareux I've been obsessed with Zum soap. We have it at a little country store near my house but you can buy it here: http://www.indigowild.com/zum-bar-soap/zum-bar-goats-milk-soap.html

I have the Sea Salt one and the Anise-Lavender one right now and they are incredible. The lavender one is so moisturizing and lathers beautifully. 
Oh, Zum is a local company for me.  If you sign up for their emails, they send you a coupon for a soap sample pack free with your first order.  I really like the coffee facial scrub.

(I am trying to decide if I still consider them Indie though.  I think they are probably an Indie success story.  No longer a one or two person operation.  They have a stand alone store and are carried in pretty much every grocery store in KC.)

ETA:  I just saw on their website that some Targets now carry 5 of their bar soaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Zum is a local company for me.  If you sign up for their emails, they send you a coupon for a soap sample pack free with your first order.  I really like the coffee facial scrub.

(I am trying to decide if I still consider them Indie though.  I think they are probably an Indie success story.  No longer a one or two person operation.  They have a stand alone store and are carried in pretty much every grocery store in KC.)
I consider Zum more of a niche brand these days. Now they have staff and an office that doesn't double as a closet or nursery, and good for them. I've liked their products for many years, and I'm very glad that I can get custom perfume to match the soaps (the Patchouli-Orange is multiples types of awesome!) They have a sea salt soap that gets along very well with my hubby's poor allergic flesh. I can find them in limited quantities in a very few places in Sunny Buffalo--some of the soaps, anyway. I still have to get sea salt soap, fragrance and bath salts online.

Ooh good to know! I had no idea how big they were but figured they were successful for a KC store to be sold in Virginia.  The store where I get them has slabs that you have to cut, and you pay $1.50 per oz. The soaps have been a life saver for my skin recently. 

Using this cute honey soap from bonbon bathhouse now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Also have one made with Guinness!)

tumblr_ngc5qwfHRa1qzo9gco1_1280.jpg

Back