Indie Perfumes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, phew! I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say. I think my original response to you sounds so bratty, when I meant for it to sound playful! I am blaming the strep throat, ear infections, and the fact that come Heather sold out in about 30 seconds :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Right now, the only thing I really need is a full-size of Come Hither perfume on my own. I wasn't even able to snag a sample size of it.
Hahhaha no worries, I talk the same way, I'm always stressing over if I said something too rudely.

I hope you feel better! and that we get a restock!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, phew! I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say. I think my original response to you sounds so bratty, when I meant for it to sound playful! I am blaming the strep throat, ear infections, and the fact that come Heather sold out in about 30 seconds :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Right now, the only thing I really need is a full-size of Come Hither perfume on my own. I wasn't even able to snag a sample size of it.

Edit: oops, didn't realize I'd lost my First Blush whipped soap either. I'm okay with that, but darn
I have a sample vial of come hither if you would like it.

Maaan, I just found a vial of Arcana Soaps' Madame Lapin in my stash.

The essence of a soft brown bunny: fragrant notes of sweet honey, dry Atlas cedarwood, warm toast, buttermilk, and a subtle blend of spices.
I can't remember for sure when I got it, but it couldn't have been any more recently than 2010, so it's at least four years old at this point.  It's pretty much nothing but honey on toast. 

Okay, I am slightly, slightly irritated that HoG seems to have been restocking throughout the afternoon - if that was a possibility, it would have been nice if they had included it in their announcements. I for one, don't have time to sit on the website and refresh for hours hoping the items I want get restocked, but I would check back a lot more frequently if I knew the possibility was there.

I don't know, I guess the past couple of releases from them have rubbed me a bit in the wrong way. I feel like they are still trying to treat their brand as if it has a very small following, which clearly isn't the case any more. :unsure: I keep getting the feeling that HoG doesn't want to be popular - like they don't want to "sell out" or whatever. I could be totally, totally off the mark, that is just the impression I get, for better or worse...

Since this was my first time ever ordering HoG, what's the TAT like on the seasonal collections generally?

Not that I'm in a hurry to smell all the amazingness I ordered, or anything.  :bandit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this was my first time ever ordering HoG, that's the TAT like on the seasonal collections generally?

Not that I'm in a hurry to smell all the amazingness I ordered, or anything.  :bandit:
Not bad! I think current TAT is 12-14 business days or something? 

I don't remember my Autumn or Yule orders taking very long to ship. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

They do usually seem to take the full TAT for the first launch of a new collection, and then things ease up.  My summer orders would ship within a couple of days (or less), but those orders were placed well after the frenzy of the initial release was over.

Not bad! I think current TAT is 12-14 business days or something? 

I don't remember my Autumn or Yule orders taking very long to ship. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They do usually seem to take the full TAT for the first launch of a new collection, and then things ease up.  My summer orders would ship within a couple of days (or less), but those orders were placed well after the frenzy of the initial release was over.
Not bad at all! I did see the 12-14 days on the website but then realized I wasn't really sure what I signed myself up for since its a new collection. I'm just like welp this sounds great take my money!

Not bad at all! I did see the 12-14 days on the website but then realized I wasn't really sure what I signed myself up for since its a new collection. I'm just like welp this sounds great take my money!
HAHAHA I do that all the time. I just blindly order things and then I'm like 'Ok wait...when am I actually going to get this stuff?!' 

Maaan, I just found a vial of Arcana Soaps' Madame Lapin in my stash.

I can't remember for sure when I got it, but it couldn't have been any more recently than 2010, so it's at least four years old at this point.  It's pretty much nothing but honey on toast. 
Oh my god....why...do I ....not have that?? 

Yep, honey toast is the next thing I'm hunting for in a fragrance.

I made a small order last week and it shipped within 2-3 days I think it was but with that usually happens right before a release

Wow, I don't think I had ever actually tried Madame Lapin before.  The sandalwood really comes out on my skin!  After it hits my skin, it turns into nothing like the in-bottle scent, which is a good thing because honey can go horribly, horribly wrong on me, which is probably why I had never tried it before.  Also, here, let me taunt you with Arcana's Ganesh, one honey scent that does *not* go wrong on me:

A large, joyous snoutful of coconut cake is snugly wrapped in honey, vanilla, Indonesian clove, green coconut, and a warm blend of spices.
I've been told I smell like very delicious coconut cake when I wear it.

If someone knows of an indie that smells like baklava I would love to know what it is. For the longest time I've had an obsession with the scent of baklava but have never found anything that has gotten the scent quite right.

If someone knows of an indie that smells like baklava I would love to know what it is. For the longest time I've had an obsession with the scent of baklava but have never found anything that has gotten the scent quite right.
Wow, something like this would be amazing. I always eat far too much baklava during the greek fest in my town every year, why not smell like it too?

Okay, I am slightly, slightly irritated that HoG seems to have been restocking throughout the afternoon - if that was a possibility, it would have been nice if they had included it in their announcements. I for one, don't have time to sit on the website and refresh for hours hoping the items I want get restocked, but I would check back a lot more frequently if I knew the possibility was there.

I don't know, I guess the past couple of releases from them have rubbed me a bit in the wrong way. I feel like they are still trying to treat their brand as if it has a very small following, which clearly isn't the case any more. :unsure: I keep getting the feeling that HoG doesn't want to be popular - like they don't want to "sell out" or whatever. I could be totally, totally off the mark, that is just the impression I get, for better or worse...
I know what you mean. I got most of the stuff I lost in the first minute within the next hour by constantly refreshing- but I HAD to go back to sleep- and I'm worried I missed Come Hither at some point. This was so much crazier than their autumn releases, I'm really hoping for a restock.

I had a whole long post typed out, then my internet freaked and apparently it didn't get saved before everything went dark on me, blargh. My whole point was that I think the HoG release fell on a bad day for me, personally, so it made me grouchy and I will attempt to catch a restock. If I don't get anything else, then I didn't need it anyways.

I was traveling yesterday.  My plane had just landed when they went live and I lost most of what I really wanted trying to traverse the land of mobile ordering.  I had no idea they continues to restock during the afternoon.  I would have kept checking back.  As it was I only ordered a couple of sample vials.  I had intended to order about $65 worth of stuff, got out with $9.  And I don't even feel bad about what I missed out on.  Maybe I am kind of over HoG.

With all the fandom-inspired stuff out there, I would love to see how an indie perfumer would treat The Jetsons, specifically the episode with Jet Screamer. I want to know what a perfume called Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah would smell like. (Edited for boneheaded spelling blunder!)

Latest posts

Back