Indie Perfumes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flash sale at sixteen92 today - they have their standalone website up and running at http://sixteen92.com/  and there's a coupon code, HELLOTHERE, for $5 off $20 which I think is only good for today. I ordered some samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
dang, this is super enabling, the hot chocolate bar collection sounds divine
I would suggest you go for it if you're not on a low-buy, sixteen92 doesn't have sales very often and their samples are 2 mL (as opposed to 1 mL at most places) and actually last a really long time. Unless it's a premium scent (it'll be noted) which are 1.3 mL. I think their GC 5 sample set also includes choices from the upcoming spring collection.  As for the hot chocolate bar scents, I have Mexican Hot Chocolate and it's really realistic, not cloying or candy-ish at all. The scents are high quality and well-blended and the packaging design is nice too.

I would suggest you go for it if you're not on a low-buy, sixteen92 doesn't have sales very often and their samples are 2 mL (as opposed to 1 mL at most places) and actually last a really long time. Unless it's a premium scent (it'll be noted) which are 1.3 mL. I think their GC 5 sample set also includes choices from the upcoming spring collection.  As for the hot chocolate bar scents, I have Mexican Hot Chocolate and it's really realistic, not cloying or candy-ish at all. The scents are high quality and well-blended and the packaging design is nice too.
Just from browsing their facebook and website I'm already enamored. Also I saw the preview of their spring 2015 collection on facebook and OBSESSING over the names, Wise Blood and The Sound and the Fury were two of my favorite books in high school, love me some southern gothic lit.

Well, I emerged unscathed from the DC release AND I was refreshing like a maniac so I was able to get everything I wanted. :sdrop:

- Coma Cluster

- /r/ Hug of Death

- Noose Jewelry

- Blue Valentine bitsy vial

I ended up passing on the set of three, and only picked up Noose Jewelry because there was a bitsy of Blue Valentine but OMG so excite for Coma Cluster and Hug of Death! :laughing:

Edit: I just checked and BV is in a bitsy, so I didn't want to get anyone confused!

Gah, I'm double-posting all over the place, but I got my Alchemic Muse order and I wanted to poke @@ohsailor - if you are still thinking about making an order from the Valentine's collection, I think VooDoo would be right up your alley! It's sooo good. Vanilla and chocolate and just a little bit from the amber. It is really sweet and warm! No worries if you're not interested, I thought I'd offer my opinion just the same. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also picked up the Body Gloss in Jezebel and I've only just touched a bit on myself to pick up the scent, so I will have to play with that more, but the scent is very heavy on the frankincense and myrrh, as well as the musk. I thought it would be a bit warmer, more sensual, but it is much cleaner and lighter than expected. I wish it were summer so I could see just how well it glosses! (My legs - they are pathetically white right now, like see-thru. If I don't wear pants I look like a ghost floating around.)

I also got my scents from Alkemia. LOVE. The Moroccan Tea is my favorite ever. If you've ever shopped at Fresh & Easy and had the Moroccan Mint Tea, that is what this smells like plus some musk. It isn't super light, as if it would just disappear, it is grounded, but lovely and fresh. It is literally aromatherapy, so calming.

Falling Stars on Winter Solstice is lovely, but there isn't really anything that makes it stand out from similar scents from other perfumers - I just particularly like this one because it has some cold freshness that makes it wonderful for winter, but I think will hold over nicely into summer as well.

I haven't tried New Orleans Love Spell! Still! It is sealed and I don't want to pop it open until I want to wear it... which I know is ridiculous since what if it stinks? I'd don't know I have a touch of obsession with keeping things closed until I use them for the first time.

And that's it, I've not got any more new indie perfumes (for now). :lol:

It has been a damn good couple of days for indie perfumes, HOG yesterday and DC today! I picked up a Blue Valentine bitsy, Love and Sharks blue solid, and /R/ hug of death!

I also got my scents from Alkemia. LOVE. The Moroccan Tea is my favorite ever. If you've ever shopped at Fresh & Easy and had the Moroccan Mint Tea, that is what this smells like plus some musk. It isn't super light, as if it would just disappear, it is grounded, but lovely and fresh. It is literally aromatherapy, so calming.
okay, now, I have to try that one...lol.  My favorite beverage is Honest Tea's Moroccan Mint Tea and I love it.  I love all things mint.

Ugh, still waiting for the BPAL Lupercalia update.  It could be here *any minute*.  I discovered a bottle of Smut from 2011, so all of those boozy and musky notes have aged *gloriously*, but I'm thinking about putting it up for sale if it doesn't come back this year.  I'm hoping for reappearances of Signior Dildo, Red Lantern, and Khajuraho.  As always, it's going to be interesting to see the shunga collection.  It would be *amazing* if Glowing Vulva came back, but it's such a legendary scent that I have a feeling that a new version won't be as good as the original one (which I didn't bother getting). 

Anyway.  I broke out my rollerballs of Standing Female Nude, Time Does Not Bring Relief, and Red Rose for this week in the hope that this will bring on the Lupes.  Because SO READY NOW.  I'm trying to decide if I still like Perfumed Garden, something that that might need to go up for sale one of these days.  My body chemistry and preferences have shifted over the past few years, so it might be too sweet for me now -- or my skin might amp the sandalwood into something wonderful, especially since I believe the bottle I have is from 2010, so the sweetness might have aged out.

okay, now, I have to try that one...lol.  My favorite beverage is Honest Tea's Moroccan Mint Tea and I love it.  I love all things mint.
It's really, really good. The mint is excellent, it smells like true mint, not peppermint or spearmint or wintergreen (not that those are bad, but not for this type of scent). I was worried that it was just me kind of psyching myself out but about ten minutes after I put it on, my hubby was asking where my mint tea was and I laughed and told him it was a perfume! He was amazed. :smilehappyyes:

It's really, really good. The mint is excellent, it smells like true mint, not peppermint or spearmint or wintergreen (not that those are bad, but not for this type of scent). I was worried that it was just me kind of psyching myself out but about ten minutes after I put it on, my hubby was asking where my mint tea was and I laughed and told him it was a perfume! He was amazed. :smilehappyyes:
haha

I ordered it and since the owner asked what sample perfumes I would like, I asked for Offering and Faerie Queene - have you tried those?

haha

I ordered it and since the owner asked what sample perfumes I would like, I asked for Offering and Faerie Queene - have you tried those?
Ohhh, I haven't! Please let me know if you like them - since they have a fairly substantial catalog, I am slowly working my way through!

Well, I emerged unscathed from the DC release AND I was refreshing like a maniac so I was able to get everything I wanted. :sdrop:

- Coma Cluster

- /r/ Hug of Death

- Noose Jewelry

- Blue Valentine bitsy vial

I ended up passing on the set of three, and only picked up Noose Jewelry because there was a bitsy of Blue Valentine but OMG so excite for Coma Cluster and Hug of Death! :laughing:

Edit: I just checked and BV is in a bitsy, so I didn't want to get anyone confused!
UGH I had no idea DC had a release today. Can you tell me what the notes are for /Hug of Death?

Also, did you pick up Nostalgia or Sugar Shack from Alchemia? I'm wondering if you think I'll like those?

Oh, well. It's probably for the better. I just spent $600 on vet bills today because my dog was going into diabetic shock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

UGH I had no idea DC had a release today. Can you tell me what the notes are for /Hug of Death?

Also, did you pick up Nostalgia or Sugar Shack from Alchemia? I'm wondering if you think I'll like those?

Oh, well. It's probably for the better. I just spent $600 on vet bills today because my dog was going into diabetic shock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
First of all, I'm so sorry about your dog! That's terrible! I hope s/he is okay. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hug of Death: Intense black tea infused with a trio of fruits—strawberries, blackberries and sweet red apples—grounded with vetiver and ginger and tonka bean, from the FB page. It sold out super fast, that and the set of the three were gone in minutes, apparently.

I DO have Nostalgia from Alchemic as a matter of fact. :lol: I really like it, but it isn't really a sweet floral - it's got that nice hint of tea, but it also has a very strong kind of musky floral. What I really love about it, is the fact that the sweet cream really comes through, but it isn't cloying or heavy. The floral is definitely the strongest part of that scent, though, so keep that in mind!

I passed on Sugar Shack, LOL, because it seemed waaay to sweet. :lol: So that might actually be a notch in it's favor!

First of all, I'm so sorry about your dog! That's terrible! I hope s/he is okay. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hug of Death: Intense black tea infused with a trio of fruits—strawberries, blackberries and sweet red apples—grounded with vetiver and ginger and tonka bean, from the FB page. It sold out super fast, that and the set of the three were gone in minutes, apparently.

I DO have Nostalgia from Alchemic as a matter of fact. :lol: I really like it, but it isn't really a sweet floral - it's got that nice hint of tea, but it also has a very strong kind of musky floral. What I really love about it, is the fact that the sweet cream really comes through, but it isn't cloying or heavy. The floral is definitely the strongest part of that scent, though, so keep that in mind!

I passed on Sugar Shack, LOL, because it seemed waaay to sweet. :lol: So that might actually be a notch in it's favor!
Super sadness time. Seriously, I really think we should create a pinned thread to show release dates for all products that we could add to. IT WOULD HELP SO MUCH! Anyone else think so?

Also, thank you so much for your help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My doggie is okay. He has diabetes and was throwing up, wouldn't eat, and his blood sugar was super high, so I had to take him. Probably another bout of pancreatitis. $500 later, I have antibiotics and anti-nausea pills for him, which is the norm. Sigh. My poor pup has to go through this about 4 times a year. 

Also, speaking of, @@yousoldtheworld did you get your package yet?? I just put a bunch of stamps I had on it instead of making either of us pay for postage, but it seems like it's making it take sooooo long to get to you! 

There are still some of the Valentine's releases left at DC - I'm debating getting Noose Jewelry.  I'm supposed to be on a low-buy but it's also listed as a unisex perfume and I also want to know what true raw carrot smells like...decisions, decisions.  This is where I need that emoticon that had the angel on one side and devil on the other.

Super sadness time. Seriously, I really think we should create a pinned thread to show release dates for all products that we could add to. IT WOULD HELP SO MUCH! Anyone else think so?
Anyone can create a thread! I don't have time to pull this together right now, so if you want something like this, it's up to you (or someone else who wants it) to do it! Just tag me in the thread, and I'll pin it.

Also, speaking of, @@yousoldtheworld did you get your package yet?? I just put a bunch of stamps I had on it instead of making either of us pay for postage, but it seems like it's making it take sooooo long to get to you!
Yes, I didn't post on here because I haven't been here much but I posted on your Facebook! You're the best and thank you, <3

Latest posts

Back