Influenster Spring "Beauty VoxBox"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

got a question..    since i dont do you tube videos, or have a blog i cant complete some of the badges from this box..  do you think this means i will never get another box again???? 
icon_rolleyes.gif
I'm  not sure! I would write reviews on facebook, make them public, and link them! You probably have more FB friends than  a lot of people have blog followers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

got a question..    since i dont do you tube videos, or have a blog i cant complete some of the badges from this box..  do you think this means i will never get another box again???? 
icon_rolleyes.gif
Not necessarily...each of the boxes is geared toward certain badges and/or demographics, so people who get lots of the brand badges might have an advantage, but that doesn't mean you don/t have a chance.

This was my first VoxBox that I got and I was wondering about the Brand Challenges. I completed all of them, but how long does it usually take them to review and accept your blog posts/twitter messages/etc. so that you can earn the badge?

I'm in no hurry, simply out of curiosity.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was my first VoxBox that I got and I was wondering about the Brand Challenges. I completed all of them, but how long does it usually take them to review and accept your blog posts/twitter messages/etc. so that you can earn the badge?

I'm in no hurry, simply out of curiosity.
biggrin.gif
They've been reviewing a video and blog post of mine for over a week. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess they have a lot of entries.

I feel a little bad because I got the beauty VoxBox but now I find myself not wanting to do any social media about it. Of course I am totally fine with never getting one again because of this. It just feels forced to do any posting about things, especially when they only want you to post things you feel positively about OR when they make suggestions about what to post. I'm just a bit contrary like that.

So I guess I'm not suited for this program- I like my free stuff no-strings-attached, like with the Target bag!

Originally Posted by Maxi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel a little bad because I got the beauty VoxBox but now I find myself not wanting to do any social media about it. Of course I am totally fine with never getting one again because of this. It just feels forced to do any posting about things, especially when they only want you to post things you feel positively about OR when they make suggestions about what to post. I'm just a bit contrary like that.

So I guess I'm not suited for this program- I like my free stuff no-strings-attached, like with the Target bag!
I definitely get what you are saying on that. When i've done the social media stuff, I have left negative reviews when the product is bad. They shouldn't ask our opinion in they don't really want it!

If you participated in the Sally Hansen challenge, I'd check to make sure your blogs or videos still say Under Review and not Incomplete.

I submitted blog post on the nail strips about a week ago and it went to Under Review status. I checked just now and it said Incomplete. I had to resubmit my link for approval. Ugh.

Originally Posted by theredwonder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I definitely get what you are saying on that. When i've done the social media stuff, I have left negative reviews when the product is bad. They shouldn't ask our opinion in they don't really want it!
Yeah, I don't mind doing honest reviews at all! 

yeah, I don't think they require positive only reviews.

Back for the Holiday VoxBox, I wasn't too impressed with the imPRESS nails.  (all of them were shorter than my real nails, and the design wasn't something I was interested in wearing)  I didn't even try them out besides measuring them up against my real nails, and I said as much in all of my reviews.  I also stated that I didn't like the style I got either.  I included a mention saying that girls who couldn't do their own nails might appreciate it, but I probably won't be buying them, but I didn't have an overwhelmingly positive response.  I not only got my badge for completing all of the challenges, but I also received the bonus for completing the challenge (which, ironically, included another imPRESS set, lol)

I'm noting these down since I won the NYC prize (for being a brand challenge winner)

Bath and Body Works:

Top 5 Badge Holders (as selected by Influenster) will receive a bonus Pink Chiffon Signature Collection Set of full-size Shower Gel, Body Lotion, and Fragrance Mist! [SIZE=12pt]Total Value= $36.00[/SIZE]

Dr. Scholls:

25 top badge earners (as selected by Influenster) will receive 1 surprise gift!

Sheer Cover:

Top 200 Badge Earners (as selected by Influenster) will receive Sheer Cover® Lip-to-Lid Highlighter®! [SIZE=12pt]Total Value= $27.95[/SIZE]

SoyJoy:

Influenster will select the top 20 Badge Holders who will each receive a bonus pack that includes a reusable shopping tote, water bottle, beach towel, and a 12pk of SOYJOY bars! [SIZE=12pt]Total Value= $40.00[/SIZE]

Sally Hansen:

1000 top badge earners (as selected by Influenster) will receive 1 Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips! [SIZE=12pt]Total Value= $9.99[/SIZE]

Aveeno:

Influenster will select 1 top Badge Holder to receive 2 bonus Freddie Matara Leather bangles! [SIZE=12pt]Total Value= $140.00[/SIZE]

Total Value= $140.00 P.S. This was what I won for being a NYC Brand Challenge Winner (It was for the lip gloss in the Holiday VoxBox)

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.S. This was what I won for being a NYC Brand Challenge Winner (It was for the lip gloss in the Holiday VoxBox)

I have that... never used it... bought it around Halloween. The colors are gorgeous but I just haven't had time to play with it. Have you used it and if so what do you think of it?

I haven't had a chance to use it yet...I've been playing with some new shadows I got from Sugarpill, and have been having a hard time remembering my other shadows for the last few days lol

Minus completing the badges, is there something that makes you a "top badge holder?" Or is it a fancy way of saying they draw names out of a hat?

Originally Posted by becarr50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Minus completing the badges, is there something that makes you a "top badge holder?" Or is it a fancy way of saying they draw names out of a hat?
I'm guessing hat comprised of those submissions that caught their attention.  When I got my prize, my e-mail stated that they looked over reviews AND videos, and mine was chosen as one of the best reviews (I did not do a video).  I personally don't think that my review was anything above and beyond remarkable, so I'm not sure if it's chosen out of a hat of *all* submissions, or just the ones that they liked better, but the Holiday VoxBox was my first VoxBox, so it's not like I had a whole ton of badges before then, either.

I just started my blog about a month ago, so it sucks that I can't submit. I wish they didn't have that April 1st rule on there. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm RETARDED. I somehow missed this invitation to receive the Beauty box for May, and I never saw it. I'm so angry with myself! What box would I more love to have? AHHHH!!!!!

That's all. You may now resume your everyday activities.

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just started my blog about a month ago, so it sucks that I can't submit. I wish they didn't have that April 1st rule on there. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hmm well I'm happy you noticed that. Glad that I won't be wasting my time trying to earn these badges since I didn't start my blog until the beginning of May. That definitely sucks though, but I understand why they would do it.

Who's getting the new Mom VoxBox? Not me!

I had to tell them they misspelled Ghirardelli like four times on the Ghirardelli badge page!
laughing.gif
Never received a thank you for the heads up. Today I won a $200 Ghirardelli gift certificate from Scrapbook.com! CHOCOLATE!!! Hopefully I can redeem it at CA Adventure.

Originally Posted by theredwonder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you participated in the Sally Hansen challenge, I'd check to make sure your blogs or videos still say Under Review and not Incomplete.

I submitted blog post on the nail strips about a week ago and it went to Under Review status. I checked just now and it said Incomplete. I had to resubmit my link for approval. Ugh.
I noticed that happened to me last week so I uploaded the link again the other day... just went to check on it and it says "Incomplete" again. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm having problems with the Sally Hansen Challenge too, but my review I posted on the sally hansen website is showing as incomplete.

Back