Influenster Spring "Beauty VoxBox"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont like the nail strips! I wrote a blog post on my blog too...

the design was pretty but I dont like the application AT ALL

Originally Posted by becarr50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually really liked the nail strips. They surprised me! I never thought that they would work and actually stay on well!

Yep, agreed. SoyJoy is gross. But I really do hope they alternate their boxes...more surprises!
biggrin.gif

Also, I posted a blog with my reviews...if anyone is interested.

The Sheer Cover Concealer is just so-so. Its the creamiest pot concealer I've ever tried. I mean, it just smears onto my face like liquid. Has anyone else tried it out? I feel it does ok under the eyes, but covering blemishes just takes so much effort as it won't stick to the skin. And I"m using a primer and foundation, though not powder foundation. And the light color is a little too orange. I wish there were more neutral light colors as I"m not really yellow or pink. Just in the middle with coloring.

Originally Posted by SeptEllis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Sheer Cover Concealer is just so-so. Its the creamiest pot concealer I've ever tried. I mean, it just smears onto my face like liquid. Has anyone else tried it out? I feel it does ok under the eyes, but covering blemishes just takes so much effort as it won't stick to the skin. And I"m using a primer and foundation, though not powder foundation. And the light color is a little too orange. I wish there were more neutral light colors as I"m not really yellow or pink. Just in the middle with coloring.
That's exactly what I said about it. I will only use it under my eyes. It's not tacky enough to cover blemishes. And honestly, isn't that what most people want cover for? Not great for covering hyperpigmentation either.

I have been using the sheer cover only around my eyes, as well. I can't see it doing well at covering a real blemish, but it does okay at brightening up my eye area which tends to be dark.

So far I love the nail strips! I got the leopard print ones and I'm really impressed with how cute they are! I like the sheer cover as well but agree that it's probably not the best with covering blemishes. Soy joy was not impressive...

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far I love the nail strips! I got the leopard print ones and I'm really impressed with how cute they are!

I like the sheer cover as well but agree that it's probably not the best with covering blemishes.

Soy joy was not impressive...
Are the nail strips easy to apply? I only paint my toes and not sure I"m keen on putting polish/stickers on my fingers.

Some of the products that are in my VoxBox are products that I've used before. I already like SoyJoy bars; not gross to me. I have lots of Bath & Body Works scents, including the Sweet Pea that I received, and it is a scent I enjoy. I like Sally Hansen's nail strip sfor the most part, but I think I may be doing something wrong because the edges tend to curl a little bit for me. So far I am neither impressed nor disappointed with the Aveeno body wash. I still need to try the Sheer Cover and the Dr. Scholl's.

Are the nail strips easy to apply? I only paint my toes and not sure I"m keen on putting polish/stickers on my fingers.
It takes a little bit to get used to, but I find them easy to apply. Just be careful when you are getting the excess sticker off of your nails. It can tear part that is on your nail if you aren't careful and give it a chipped look. I fold it over the end of my nail and use the little stick cuticle pusher thingy they provide to tear the excess off. They suggest using the nail file though, so see which works best for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got mine!! I got the bath and body works in twilight woods, and I quite like it. I actually have never used body splash regularly and haven't been inside a BBw in years, but I see myself using this. I got the nail strips in the cheetah print, not too fond of those lol. Overall, excited though! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got mine!! I got the bath and body works in twilight woods, and I quite like it. I actually have never used body splash regularly and haven't been inside a BBw in years, but I see myself using this. I got the nail strips in the cheetah print, not too fond of those lol. Overall, excited though! 
THe body mist is nice because you can spray it all over and it's still not too overpowering, LOL. I also use it as a room freshener...don't like to use my perfumes like that because they're so much more expensive. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THe body mist is nice because you can spray it all over and it's still not too overpowering, LOL. I also use it as a room freshener...don't like to use my perfumes like that because they're so much more expensive. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah! And the bottle is a lot classier than what I remember bath and body works looking.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah! And the bottle is a lot classier than what I remember bath and body works looking.

Definitely...I have the regular mist bottles in a few scents (Be Enchanted, Vanilla Bean Noel, and Coconut Passionfruit) and they spray out much bigger droplets, and a lot less evenly. These are much better bottles, for sure.

Are you guys getting any additional offers for completing your manufacturers' badges? I just got something today from KissNails for completing my Kiss badge from the Love Voxbox. I just posted a pic in my gallery. I kind of like the nail stickers for my trips to Disneyland and Day of the Dead events or kids events, fun stuff. I like wearing the leopard nails with my Day of the Dead Ugg boots.

How do you complete a badge for the products you receive in your VoxBox? Does this come later when they have the post-survey? Or am I missing something?

Last night I applied the "zebra stripe" nail polish strips and I kind of like them. Not sure I would pay full price for them, when I could pay that for a whole bottle of polish. True, the bottle doesn't come with a cool design,  but maybe splurging for these  if it was a fun, special night out or a one time event. I'm surprised they have not chipped, shifted, torn, etc off yet as polish on my fingers does not last at all! My only issue would be cost.

Has anyone else tried the the strips yet? like or hate?

Last night I applied the "zebra stripe" nail polish strips and I kind of like them. Not sure I would pay full price for them, when I could pay that for a whole bottle of polish. True, the bottle doesn't come with a cool design,  but maybe splurging for these  if it was a fun, special night out or a one time event. I'm surprised they have not chipped, shifted, torn, etc off yet as polish on my fingers does not last at all! My only issue would be cost.

Has anyone else tried the the strips yet? like or hate?
I just tried a few (3 nails on each hand, didn't want overkill) and I actually like them too! They look cute and they were not hard to apply. I won't be paying full price for them but if I saw a good deal, I might pick some up.

got a question..    since i dont do you tube videos, or have a blog i cant complete some of the badges from this box..  do you think this means i will never get another box again???? 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back