Influenster Summer Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are you guys liking the CLEAR shampoo/conditioner? I finished my shampoo and conditioner today and am in the market for something new!

Sidenote: first time EVER that I've finished both at the same time! I blame my long hair, haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
don't like it. it makes my hair feel dry.  i'm getting my hair colored/highlighted today so i'd stop using it anyway.

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are you guys liking the CLEAR shampoo/conditioner? I finished my shampoo and conditioner today and am in the market for something new!

Sidenote: first time EVER that I've finished both at the same time! I blame my long hair, haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I haven't heard too good of reviews on it, but right now I am using the organix macadamia nut oil shampoo, conditioner, and leave in treatment and must i say WOW it has made such a huge difference in my hair. I've noticed less split ends and it really has made my hair shine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

don't like it. it makes my hair feel dry.  i'm getting my hair colored/highlighted today so i'd stop using it anyway.
If it does that then I'm looking forward to trying it. I have oily hair so I don't need a product that adds extra moisture

Glee! I got my box today! I sent the sunscreen to the lake with the SO and the boy. Cannot wait to play with everything!!  Yay!

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it does that then I'm looking forward to trying it. I have oily hair so I don't need a product that adds extra moisture
just came from the salon and my stylist said my roots/scalp felt a bit oily and mid-shaft to the ends of my hair were dry.  this is unusual for my hair because it's normally soft and healthy.  i'm not saying it's the shampoo & conditioner, but my stylist did. 
icon_eek.gif

So I got my box yesterday and the hand and nail cream and the nail polish weren't in there :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I emailed influenster and they said they had new people working for them that were packing the boxes and they didn't use the proper percautions in packing the boxes. In other words some of the boxes weren't taped shut or anything the boxes were just closed so they had people contact them with missing items.

They were so quick to email me back too I was shocked, less than 1/2 and hour after I emailed them I got a response. They said they want everyone to be able to review everything that should have been in their boxes and they are shipping me out a new box next week! I was so impressed with their customer service. So if anyone else gets a box and there is missing items just email them and they will take care of it for you.

So far I loved the Banana Nut bar it was so yummy! Going to the store soon to pick up a box of them! I love the tanning lotion I have a bigger bottle of it and it's amazing!!!!

Well hope everyone loves their boxes!!!!

Originally Posted by AmberStarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got my box yesterday and the hand and nail cream and the nail polish weren't in there :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I emailed influenster and they said they had new people working for them that were packing the boxes and they didn't use the proper percautions in packing the boxes. In other words some of the boxes weren't taped shut or anything the boxes were just closed so they had people contact them with missing items.

They were so quick to email me back too I was shocked, less than 1/2 and hour after I emailed them I got a response. They said they want everyone to be able to review everything that should have been in their boxes and they are shipping me out a new box next week! I was so impressed with their customer service. So if anyone else gets a box and there is missing items just email them and they will take care of it for you.

So far I loved the Banana Nut bar it was so yummy! Going to the store soon to pick up a box of them! I love the tanning lotion I have a bigger bottle of it and it's amazing!!!!

Well hope everyone loves their boxes!!!!
I noticed mine wasn't taped or anything. That freaked me out a bit, but everything was in there so I was all good. 

I noticed mine wasn't taped or anything. That freaked me out a bit, but everything was in there so I was all good. 
Mine wasn't taped either! I found it odd as well. Didn't know it had happened to lots of people!

I've tried the Banana Bread Bar (too many nuts on top but I liked it, I'd be willing to try other 'flavors') and the shampoo/conditioner (love how it smells, no difference to my hair in general yet but I've only used it one day). The new packaging on the tampons with the sticker doesn't seem necessary to me, but I do love the solid color the applicator is! 

How long after we receive a box do they start asking for post surveys? I want to make sure I have time to try everything and be ready to take the surveys/write reviews!

Originally Posted by lyrastar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine wasn't taped either! I found it odd as well. Didn't know it had happened to lots of people!

I've tried the Banana Bread Bar (too many nuts on top but I liked it, I'd be willing to try other 'flavors') and the shampoo/conditioner (love how it smells, no difference to my hair in general yet but I've only used it one day). The new packaging on the tampons with the sticker doesn't seem necessary to me, but I do love the solid color the applicator is! 

How long after we receive a box do they start asking for post surveys? I want to make sure I have time to try everything and be ready to take the surveys/write reviews!
It's usually not for another 2 weeks or more. They want to make sure that everyone has gotten their items and had time to try them. I ate the bar today and thought it was good. I didn't find that it had too much nuts and it was soft and chewy like a cookie. 

It's usually not for another 2 weeks or more. They want to make sure that everyone has gotten their items and had time to try them. I ate the bar today and thought it was good. I didn't find that it had too much nuts and it was soft and chewy like a cookie. 
Did you heat it up? I tried that, I liked it. I think the banana bread name just threw me off a bit, the bread I make doesn't have as many nuts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lyrastar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you heat it up? I tried that, I liked it. I think the banana bread name just threw me off a bit, the bread I make doesn't have as many nuts :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No I didn't try to heat it up and it still tasted good. It was more like an oatmeal cookie to me than a bread, but then again it did come from Quakers. Still good tho.

No I didn't try to heat it up and it still tasted good. It was more like an oatmeal cookie to me than a bread, but then again it did come from Quakers. Still good tho.
Im very tempted to go buy them for some reason, even though it was just ok... Birchbox and Influenster do that to me lol!

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it true that Influenster doesn't like negative reviews?  I just signed up within the last month and I haven't really gotten started with Influenster yet, but I don't want to be penalized if I have to say a product is crap because it IS crap.  I try to say what I think about just about everything.
I sent an e-mail asking about this, and I'll let you know if they respond.

Is it true that Influenster doesn't like negative reviews?  I just signed up within the last month and I haven't really gotten started with Influenster yet, but I don't want to be penalized if I have to say a product is crap because it IS crap.  I try to say what I think about just about everything.
I sent an e-mail asking about this, and I'll let you know if they respond.
Thank You

Someone on Facebook is claiming the shampoo and conditioner burned her scalp.

Weird how our boxes weren't taped. What a PITA that's going to be for them replacing items. Looks like we got the first official Influenster 'Drama Box' lol

I liked the bar. Usually those things are sickly sweet. And I liked the citrus-y scent of the nail cream and the sunblock. The purple Tampax bag is space-y and glamoroussssss! lol

The SO took the sunscreen to the lake yesterday when he and the Boy went kayaking. He said he really liked it, it didn't feel like most sunscreens (meaning greasy and ill smelling). He really enjoyed it. I don't use sun screen and since he is so picky about the stuff, figured he was the best candidate to test it.

I was kinda meh on the Banana Bar, it was too dry for me though the taste was okay.

I'd never played with the magnetic nail polish before. My first complaint is how thick you need to put the polish on in order to get the effect from the magnet. I plan on purchasing another brand of magnetic nail polish to do a comparison.

I really liked the hand cream, it didn't leave my hands feeling too greasy which most Sally Hansen's lotions tend to do.

The SO took the sunscreen to the lake yesterday when he and the Boy went kayaking. He said he really liked it, it didn't feel like most sunscreens (meaning greasy and ill smelling). He really enjoyed it. I don't use sun screen and since he is so picky about the stuff, figured he was the best candidate to test it. I was kinda meh on the Banana Bar, it was too dry for me though the taste was okay. I'd never played with the magnetic nail polish before. My first complaint is how thick you need to put the polish on in order to get the effect from the magnet. I plan on purchasing another brand of magnetic nail polish to do a comparison. I really liked the hand cream, it didn't leave my hands feeling too greasy which most Sally Hansen's lotions tend to do.
Don't purchase the julep one!!! It's terrible.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't purchase the julep one!!! It's terrible.
Thanks, good to know. I don't like any of Julep's nail polishes, they all seem to be way to thick.

Back