Ipsy August 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Along with the Trust Fund polish in Elegabtly Wasted which is cut off. This is my perfect bag, love everything in it! So happy.

i quit ipsy after april, havent looked back, came on to see what other people were getting, and im a makeup lover but this still isnt calling to me, sticking with boxycharm, thank you ladies for sharing your pics though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I literally don't even try to understand Ipsy anymore.

I'm also getting 2 moisturizers, one of which COULD HAVE BEEN A POLISH.

I am getting:

Noya lip stick (Nice but I have no on lip stick, yes on lip gloss so the feh?)

Lip pencil (ok but with all the eyeliner and me having eyeliner a yes you would think but, no)

Eco moisturizer (yes)

Albertini (yes, but 2 moisturizers in 1 bag is a bad idea)

Doll 10 (yes, I have blush selected)

I just find it odd that with so many eye liners and lip glosses, both of which are selected on my profile (of very limited items that are selected), I get neither.

I'm still good with the bag and all but, perplexed.

I'm getting two bags this month as I reffered myself to get extra points.

Bag 1: (Main account)

Starlooks eye liner pen

City Color HD powder

Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Bioten Volumizer

Hikari lipgloss

Lather face wash

Bag 2: (Will be canceling ASAP)

Starlooks Eye Liner Pen

Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Bioten Volumizer

Hikari lipgloss

OZ Naturals hydration mask

Lord & Berry lip pencil

I hate how there is THREE repeats and the quizzes are completely different. ugh. Also, I continuously rate Hikari bad and my the last thing my hair needs is volumizer.

Bag 1:

Starlooks eyeliner pen (idk)

City Color Cosmetics HD Powder (literally just bought a Urban Decay Powder a few days ago)

Hikari Lip gloss

Batiste Dry Shampoo (Too much dry shampoo ugh it's literally coming out my ears)

OZ Naturals Amino Hydration Mask (idk)

Bag 2:

Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish 

Hikari Lip gloss (again)

Starlooks Eyeliner (again)

Lather ultra mild face wash (don't like lather stuff)

Briogeo volumizer (my hair is already too voluminous)

I'm not very excited about either bag but I'm going to wait til I have them in hand to really judge. I'll probably drop one of them as soon as I redeem the points on it. 

So it looks like my boxy charm is WINNING this month and I only know of two items in it.

So here's what I am getting in my ipsy bag, I am happier than last month but still disappointed.

My image didn't work out, I quit! lol.

-I don't care for the navy eyeliner.

-I would love to try the hair oil, I love marc anthony brand. I have the hair spray that I recieved in an ipsy bag that I bought a full size of.

-The skone eye/lip pencil in wine... be real I will NEVER use this as an eyeliner and I currently have several lip liners in the color "wine" but maybe it will be different.

-I don't really care to have another eye shadow brush... Ipsy has sent me several.

-I am excited to try Hikari lip gloss and either color would make me happy but I would prefer the shade merlot.

so 2 out of 5.... I just don't know ipsy we might have to break up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to peek... I am getting

Trust fund polish- so-so

Skone eye/lip pencil in wine- eh

Noyah natural lipstick-yay

Juara tumeric face mask- yay

Briogeo volumizer- eh

2 1/2 outta 5 not too bad

I really wanted the doll 10 blush. O well

Here's what I'm getting in my Ipsy bag this month:

Eco Beauty Good Night Cream - No more creams Please!!

Skone Luxe Doubler eye/lip pencil in wine - I'm glad to get to get a lip liner but I can't see using this for my eyes.

Briogeo Volumizing Spray - Finally someone is giving me some volumizing stuff.  I normally get hair oils which is so not for me.

Noyah Lipstick in Desert Rose - love this but the tube looks really tiny.

Trust Fund nail polish in Elegantly Wasted - Nice color but I have a ton of purple polish.

This is an okay bag this month.  If they would stop giving me face creams, I might actually love myself some Ipsy.

I peeked. I have two bags set up, one for myself, and one for my friend as a birthday gift. 

I'm getting: 

Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco - Will use. 

La Fresh Good Night Cream - Got the Good Day one in Ipsy before. Will use, not too excited though.

Skone Double Pencil in Wine - Will use. I have a pretty burgundy shadow I can see using with this. 

Pencil Me In Eyeliner in Boysenberry - Two liners?? But okay. Will use eventually. 

Hikari Gloss - I only like REALLY pigmented glosses and they cannot be sticky, otherwise, they're gone!

She's getting:

Starlooks Eyeliner Pen - Little jealous!

Briogeo Volumizing Spray - She needs volume and I loved the Briogeo hair milk stuff from another bag.

Hikari Gloss

Lather Mild Face Wash - I got the moisturizer and it was meh.

Trust Fund Beauty Polish - Jealous.

And for my final month with Ipsy, I get:

- Mark Anthony Moroccan Oil - I do love a good oil treatment for my hair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Skone Eye/Lip Pencil in Wine - excited to try this out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk - also excited to try this as I've heard good things about Juice Beauty and love sample cleansers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Noyah lipstick - I received the plum one a few months ago and loved it so much I almost bought the full size so, yeah, excited about this too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Aila Nail Polish - love nail polish and this looks like a neat shade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wait. . . what? I'm actually loving my bag this month? Ipsy, we broke up! No, this isn't going to get me to change my mind. . . but it is a nice farewell :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I asked Ipsy why they sent 2 moisturizers in my bag.

First, the CS rep replied that "not all of the sneak peeks had come out yet!" so I should be patient to see what else there was.

When I replied and said no, I knew what my bag had in it because DUH YOU LET US SEE OUR GLAM ROOMS EARLY, she told me that the 2 moisturizers are TOTALLY DIFFERENT because one is a night cream and the other is a revolutionary in-shower lotion, so I should be excited to try both.

Ok. Thanks.

So I asked Ipsy why they sent 2 moisturizers in my bag.

First, the CS rep replied that "not all of the sneak peeks had come out yet!" so I should be patient to see what else there was.

When I replied and said no, I knew what my bag had in it because DUH YOU LET US SEE OUR GLAM ROOMS EARLY, she told me that the 2 moisturizers are TOTALLY DIFFERENT because one is a night cream and the other is a revolutionary in-shower lotion, so I should be excited to try both.

Ok. Thanks.
Bwahahha. Oh Ipsy!

Has anyone botten their bag yet? I don't usually get a shipping notice. I'm interested to see if I will like my products better in person.

Received an e-mail that my bag is on the way. I'm out of town until the weekend, so it'll be a great gift (to myself lmao) when I return. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back