Ipsy May 2015 *Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a little off-topic, but if any of you who have been with Ipsy for a really long time received the Starlooks gem liners at any point, they're currently selling them off grab-bag style. For five bucks, you get a gem pencil but you don't get to choose the colour. I lost mine, and it was one of my faves, so I grabbed four. Hopefully I get a nice variety.

http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/hidden-gems

I'm getting:
UD liner/ gloss: I like UD, and needed something like this. Happy!
Balanced Guru Style me hair oil: meh, fine hair+ most oils = gross, we shall see if this is any different...
Peter Lamas Detox Citrus C cleanser: I will be able to leave cleansers to my kids in my will at this point..

Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust: Not a fan of loose shadows, boo!
Pixi By Petra Bronzer: Another item, along with the highlighters, I can will to future grandkids...

I'm getting:

UD liner/ gloss: I like UD, and needed something like this. Happy!

Balanced Guru Style me hair oil: meh, fine hair+ most oils = gross, we shall see if this is any different...

Peter Lamas Detox Citrus C cleanser: I will be able to leave cleansers to my kids in my will at this point..

Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust: Not a fan of loose shadows, boo!

Pixi By Petra Bronzer: Another item, along with the highlighters, I can will to future grandkids...
I had to laugh at your comment on cleansers, I feel the same way about hair products. I keep handing them out to friends since I couldn't use up my stash if I lived to be a 100, and now even my friends are threatening me if I try to give them one more LOL. Maybe this is a sign I have too many subs  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am getting:

Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil + BONUS Revolution High-Color Lipgloss: Oh come on Ipsy, I think we would rahter have a sample of the High-Color Lipgloss then the little tiny bonus you are giving us rather then the lip pencil.

BelláPierre Cosmetics - Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil: I like this brand, hopefully this will work out good!

St. Tropez - One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion: Interested in this product! I have light skin, so I hope that this will not be too dark on me.

IT Cosmetics - Your Skin But Better® CC+® Cream with SPF 50+: Very excited about this! Love the Bye-Bye Undereye, and I can not wait for this sample!

Not Your Mother's Haircare - Déjà Vu `Do Style Extender: Interested in the red apple and berry scent, and while I do have hair style extenders, I have never had one that calimed to repel dirt and oil!

This bag does not seem as great as my April's but better than my March or Febuary bag!

Happy about this month! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like my bag this month. The only sad part is that I'm getting the It CC cream and as much as I want to love it, it's too warm for me. The medium shade gives me an orange tint and the light is too light. But all in all, my glam bags are 1000% better now that I cleared my quiz minus a thing or two.

I finally got in to see my glam bags and they're pretty good.  I am a little confused on the bag though.  Are we all getting the one that says "Contents My Life" and the other ones are things some people will get in their bags, or are we getting one of the versions of the bag.  They're all cute, so I don't care which one they send, but I have no patience and want to know now lol.  This is what I'm getting in my bags:

Bag 1

Urban Decay lip liner

Belle Pierre eyeliner

Balanced Guru hair oil

Organic Pharmacy moisturizer

Luxie eye brush

Bag2

Urban Decay lip liner

Belle Pierre eyeliner

Briogeo spray in conditioner

Amie moisturizer

Luxie eye brush

I think someone was asking about the bag, whether the one in our preview photo was the one we were getting. My early access showed the "Contents: My Life" bag, but the one I received this morning is the "Contents: Very Important Stuff" one.

Did anyone actually get the glam glow? I'm not seeing it here in anyone's bag.
I got the Glamglow Cleanser, and it is probably going to be too harsh for my skin.. I hope not!

My bag is:

Jessie's Girl eye shadow

Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing patches

Glamglow ThirstyCleanse

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse

Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush

I already gave the volume hair mousse to my cleaning lady as my hair is extremely thick and long already. It's a BIG full size can, which barely fit in the Ipsy mailer and got a little dented in shipping. 

I think the Jesse's Girl eyeshadow looks like DIRT in the jar, but it may be pretty on, I can't tell yet.

Hoping the Glamglow cleanser will work with my sensitive skin. The Glamglow mud stuff in the black tube that was a sample in some box a few months ago made my face turn blood red and burn very badly. 

Wow - this morning I couldn't even access my bag (since I don't have facebook) and then this afternoon, I received the tracking email, received my bag and access on the site all at once!

Here's what I got:

- UD lip pencil / bonus lipgloss. . . I'll try it out but I wish it was a colour? I don't usually use lip pencils.  The "bonus" glosses are tiny!

- BellaPierre eyeliner. . . I can always use more liner but this is in Ebony and I think I have about 4 black liners at the moment. *sigh*

- Peter Lamas Detoxifying Citrus C Cleanser. . . not super exciting but I can always use a cleanser and this one has some nice ingredients.  We'll see if my skin likes it.

- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray. . . I have never used a dry shampoo but I'm actually kind of excited to try it.  And this is HUGE - didn't fit in the Ipsy bag big :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush. . . well, I can always use nice brushes so we'll see how this is.

Second month in a row that I've actually been more excited about non-makeup items? Definitely strange! But at least I didn't get any bronzers, beige eye shadow or nude lippies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh my god, you guys, I am in love with the Chella eyebrow pencil. I was seriously underwhelmed when I found out I was getting it because I rarely fill in my eyebrows, and I thought it would be too light because my natural hair is so dark, but it's like the perfect sort of gentle neutral brown to define them without making them look "done".

Oh my god, you guys, I am in love with the Chella eyebrow pencil. I was seriously underwhelmed when I found out I was getting it because I rarely fill in my eyebrows, and I thought it would be too light because my natural hair is so dark, but it's like the perfect sort of gentle neutral brown to define them without making them look "done".
This makes me feel good about getting it- my brows are dark brown and I was worried the pencil would be too light.

I'm jealous! I wanted that Chella eyebrow pencil. Fingers crossed I get it another bag:)

I'm jealous! I wanted that Chella eyebrow pencil. Fingers crossed I get it another bag:)

This makes me feel good about getting it- my brows are dark brown and I was worried the pencil would be too light.
So I'm not wearing any other makeup and I'm tired and grumpy after work, but here's a comparison photo, one brow filled with the pencil and one (the one with the scar) natural. You guys can see how subtle and natural it looks.

tumblr_no9f4vlIFo1qcpwmwo1_540.jpg

I'm not over the moon with my variation this month, though I've been very happy the last few so I was due for a so-so bag. I got the UD lip liner-primer (I think everyone got it), the BellaPierre eyeliner, Pixi bronzer, Peter Lamas cleanser, and the Alterna leave in cream. I tested the lip primer and it actually made a difference when I applied a more pigmented lipgloss over it; it have a more saturated color that stayed put longer. I also really liked the purple lip sample. It's hard to describe the color but it looks very different on the lips than in the packaging, in a good way. The BellaPierre liner is ok. Is watched it and found it to be a bit dry with some resulting drag across my waterline when applying. I wasn't wearing primer so I'm going to test it with some before making my final judgment (as if the company is waiting with bated breath to hear how I come out on this, lol). If I never got another cleanser from ipsy again I could still wash every teenage face in a massive high school twice before running out of product. I have normal skin so for me cleanser is cleanser in that I find little difference from one to the next. I'm not the biggest fan of Pixi products as I find them to be lesser quality than comparator lower end/drugstore brands. That said the bronzer actually had a good amount of pigmentation without being overpowering. For me it's an ideal shade between winter and summer in terms of my degree of self tanning. The Alterna leave in cream I've received before from ipsy (I've been subbed for going on 3 years now so it's bound to happen now and then). Unfortunately it is a miss for me. My hair tends toward oiliness and this leave in is just too heavy/thick/greasy for my particular hair. So all told I had 2 hits, 2 so-so products and just 1 miss. A good month overall for me.

Bag twin with Fashion Diva!

Got my bag yesterday.....I had only received my shipping notificaion the day before.  Apparently it had been shipped a few days earlier but I hadn't been notified.

I really need to stop looking at my sneak peeks.  I was kind of meh about my bag but now that I have it I'm pretty happy.

I haven't tried the Urban Decay yet (and unless the purple shade is somehow MUCH more subdued once it is applied, I doubt it will be the color for me.  I've been surprised by things before though...watch it turn out to be my favorite color ever!  I am intrigued about the pencil/primer and the 2nd shade they provided (although I guess I'm going to have to dig around for that lip brush I stashed somewhere so I can apply it).

I'm not a bronzer person but the Pixi doesn't seem to be that dark so maybe it will work somehow.

I was planning on breaking up with Ipsy for a bit after next month when my points item gets shipped but I sure do get a little lift each month when I see that pink package!

IMG_4162.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Glamglow Cleanser, and it is probably going to be too harsh for my skin.. I hope not!

My bag is:

Jessie's Girl eye shadow

Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing patches

Glamglow ThirstyCleanse

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse

Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush

I already gave the volume hair mousse to my cleaning lady as my hair is extremely thick and long already. It's a BIG full size can, which barely fit in the Ipsy mailer and got a little dented in shipping. 

I think the Jesse's Girl eyeshadow looks like DIRT in the jar, but it may be pretty on, I can't tell yet.

Hoping the Glamglow cleanser will work with my sensitive skin. The Glamglow mud stuff in the black tube that was a sample in some box a few months ago made my face turn blood red and burn very badly. 
Sounds like a great bag!

Sounds like a great bag!
Thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am really shocked, honestly.

I re-subbed last month after a year or so absence when the Be a Bombshell bad mascara fiasco happened, and both month's bags have been really great.  I'm extremely surprised with what they've sent me and how nice it all is and I HOPE this continues.. 

I was a charter subscriber when they first started back in 2011 or 2012 ( don't remember which LOL).

I've had some baaaadddd bags, but things really seem to be looking up for Ipsy and me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bag twin with Fashion Diva!

Got my bag yesterday.....I had only received my shipping notificaion the day before.  Apparently it had been shipped a few days earlier but I hadn't been notified.

I really need to stop looking at my sneak peeks.  I was kind of meh about my bag but now that I have it I'm pretty happy.

I haven't tried the Urban Decay yet (and unless the purple shade is somehow MUCH more subdued once it is applied, I doubt it will be the color for me.  I've been surprised by things before though...watch it turn out to be my favorite color ever!  I am intrigued about the pencil/primer and the 2nd shade they provided (although I guess I'm going to have to dig around for that lip brush I stashed somewhere so I can apply it).

I'm not a bronzer person but the Pixi doesn't seem to be that dark so maybe it will work somehow.

I was planning on breaking up with Ipsy for a bit after next month when my points item gets shipped but I sure do get a little lift each month when I see that pink package!

IMG_4162.JPG
The purple UD sample actually goes on a rose-pink and not purple. I tried it out today when I had to run to 7-11. I figure if it ended up looking clownish at least it would be for a really short time. I ended up really liking it as well as the other pink which looks more like it appears.

Back