Ipsy May 2015 *Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think someone was asking about the bag, whether the one in our preview photo was the one we were getting. My early access showed the "Contents: My Life" bag, but the one I received this morning is the "Contents: Very Important Stuff" one.
Mine says VIP: Very Important Products.  I guess there's a few variations.  

I was able to place a great order with Glam Glow using the 30% off code.  The code came with a sample and I got to pick out two more samples with my order and got free shipping.   I didn't get the glam glow in my bag this month, so the code really helps out. 

IMG_4162.JPG
I received this exact same bag.  I LOVE it.  I am obsessed with the CC Cream.   I hoard them.  I think I must have 10.  Every time see one I try and swap for it.  It's amazing stuff.   And I think everything else is pretty great too.  I like to use bronzer on my lids in the summer-with a quick swipe of mascara and a gloss I'm ready for anything!

I was able to place a great order with Glam Glow using the 30% off code.  The code came with a sample and I got to pick out two more samples with my order and got free shipping.   I didn't get the glam glow in my bag this month, so the code really helps out. 
I went to place an order and of course they are doing site maintenance. It says if you cannot wait buy from Sephora, except they don't carry the item I wanted of course. I think maybe I will just send my money to a business who actually wants it. 

I got my Ipsy bag today, I can't say I'm a fan of Ipsy, I've redone my quiz 4 times and keep getting products I hate or don't use. I don't use eyeliners or bronzers and get them on a fairly regular basis. I love lip products and blushes and rarely get them. April's bag was ok, hated March's and May's, I always contemplate canceling but never do, maybe I'm afraid I'll miss out on the one bag when they actually read my quiz and product reviews. 

I got the Urban Decay lip pencil, it's ok, not a fan of purple in sub boxes this month. I'm pale just think it looks weird on me. Klorane soothing eye patches, these might be ok, I like Klorane. Pixi bronzer, I love Pixi, don't use bronzers, Bellapierre Eye Liner, same thing I like Bellapierre, don't use eye liners. And Bare Republic mineral sunscreen; not something I use either. How does everyone get all the lip products?? 

I was on a wait list for the past couple of months (didn't want to share on FB). I received my bag and it's not anything I'm interested in so I cancelled. Here is a picture of my bag.

IPSY May 2015.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Saiza I prefer lip products, too, and what I did was select ONLY the questions regarding my coloring ( eyes, hair, etc), a stylist with a bold lip, and lip products. I left many sections blank. I have gotten lip stuff every time it has been offered...along with a lot of stuff I don't need, of course, but I have gotten the lippies, which makes the rest worthwhile for me. 

I got my Ipsy bag today, I can't say I'm a fan of Ipsy, I've redone my quiz 4 times and keep getting products I hate or don't use. I don't use eyeliners or bronzers and get them on a fairly regular basis. I love lip products and blushes and rarely get them. April's bag was ok, hated March's and May's, I always contemplate canceling but never do, maybe I'm afraid I'll miss out on the one bag when they actually read my quiz and product reviews.

I got the Urban Decay lip pencil, it's ok, not a fan of purple in sub boxes this month. I'm pale just think it looks weird on me. Klorane soothing eye patches, these might be ok, I like Klorane. Pixi bronzer, I love Pixi, don't use bronzers, Bellapierre Eye Liner, same thing I like Bellapierre, don't use eye liners. And Bare Republic mineral sunscreen; not something I use either. How does everyone get all the lip products??
I get lip stuff every month. I will never need to buy red lipstick ever again because I keep getting it from Ipsy. Not that I am complaining, but I don't do anything special for it.

For the UD primer pencil, just an FYI for anyone like me who assumed it was just a lip primer-it works great as a correction pencil, to clean up mascara and liner mistake. Like a magic eraser but safe for your face, lol

I went to place an order and of course they are doing site maintenance. It says if you cannot wait buy from Sephora, except they don't carry the item I wanted of course. I think maybe I will just send my money to a business who actually wants it. 
That sucks, sorry it did not work out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The site is still down. I even sent an email and they just said "We are working on it." I don't think the coupon code will work on the sample kit anyway, but it's so annoying. 
Still down, I wonder what is going on?  Definitely not good for business.  I think you are right about the code not working on the sample kit.

I received this exact same bag.  I LOVE it.  I am obsessed with the CC Cream.   I hoard them.  I think I must have 10.  Every time see one I try and swap for it.  It's amazing stuff.   And I think everything else is pretty great too.  I like to use bronzer on my lids in the summer-with a quick swipe of mascara and a gloss I'm ready for anything!
I tried the CC cream the other day.  At first I was afraid my hair was going to be too heavy since it seems kind of thick going on.  After my hair dried though I was impressed.  My hair felt so soft and looked so shiny.  Definite winner for me!

I got the Urban Decay lip pencil, it's ok, not a fan of purple in sub boxes this month. I'm pale just think it looks weird on me.
 I thought for sure that the purple Urban Decay was going to be weird on me too.  I decided to try it anyway and I really like it.  Totally out of my comfort zone but in a good way (I need a little bit of a shake up now and then).  And the staying power is really great (even without the pencil).  While the shine may disappear I still have some color on my lips and that is a miracle on its own!

Now I wish that they had put it in a tube with a wand (even if it was just a teeny tiny one).  Not a fan of that little bubble thingy. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

P.S.  I apparently need lip injections....I never realized how thin my lips are!  Ack!

I thought for sure that the purple Urban Decay was going to be weird on me too.  I decided to try it anyway and I really like it.  Totally out of my comfort zone but in a good way (I need a little bit of a shake up now and then).  And the staying power is really great (even without the pencil).  While the shine may disappear I still have some color on my lips and that is a miracle on its own!

Now I wish that they had put it in a tube with a wand (even if it was just a teeny tiny one).  Not a fan of that little bubble thingy. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

P.S.  I apparently need lip injections....I never realized how thin my lips are!  Ack!
Oh, that is a very pretty color, hope it looks as good on me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This months bag didn't knock my socks off- to those who got a full size Oscar Blandi dry shampoo and the Luxie crease brush/Chella eyebrow pencil I'm looking at you with envy!!

But I still got a good bag, definitely a step up from last May.

UD lip pencil- I was excited to try this, happy it was in my bag and the lip glosses were a sweet bonus :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This product is on my list of loves for the month.

Alterna CC cream- I love getting high end hair products and this one delivers. Another love!

Pixi bronzer- just ran out of bronzer. This is nothing special but will definitely get used.

Peter Lamas cleanser- again nothing special, but good to have in my downstairs bathroom.

Bella Pierre waterproof gel pencil- I need another black eye liner pencil like a hole in the head. Please Ipsy, enough with the black eye pencils. Trade pile for this product.

I have to say that the quality of products coming in my ipsy bag has noticeably improved!

Here's my bag for May. I thought it was o-kay. The brow pencil is the right color, but I don't use them. I didn't like the UD lip primer or glosses. I loved the brush! The face wash is nice, but nothing special and the sunscreen I'm sure I'll use but I won't spend on full size sunblock like this when Neutrogena works really well under makeup too.

Back