Is ID Bare Minerals the best mineral makeup? Or is all just hype?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

I have fair and light. If either of those don't work, you can mix and make fairly light and adjust to you.

Thanks!

Kim

I think that different skin types react differently to mineral makeup brands. I can't say that BE is bad because it caused my skin to itch and break out because some people look and feel really good wearing BE. So far the only brands that I loved are Dayna's and Pure Anada.

I have tried many other MMU brands and always return to BE. I just love the coverage and it does make my skin flawless. Some ppl might be allergic to bismuth, but I am not.

I would recommend u go to their store and take samples to try them at home.

Don't listen to the Sales ppl and of course don't listen to others generally; see for yourself.

I know now that when I see a new mineral makeup brand name, I have to control my "shopaholic" tendencies and just stick to Bare Minerals. For me it's the best mineral foundation. Hope that helps
smile.gif

It works really well for some people; other people find that it turns orange on their skin or itches or other problems. I love BE, but I also have good luck with Philosophy and e.l.f. MMU. I've tried a few other brands I don't like (including Avon, which I sell, but the MMU is not for me, too drying).

i haven't buoght bare minerals yet but i'm just dying to! my cousin uses it and she let me try hers. it worked so good. i was amazed. really, cause i have some acne and red spots left over from blemishes that won't go away..it covered all that up and my face was flawless.

i've only used drugstore foundations though, never any minerals or others, soo maybe that's why i'm so wow-ed by the product. i just never thought powder could cover that well.

I've used ID Bare Minerals for 3 yrs and am in my middle 50's with basically good skin, no pockmarks but some skin discolorations and I

will say neither their make-up or their cover up powders will cover the

flaws . In this respect I must say that traditional liquid or creme foundation is far superior, because at least your skin can look clear when

you're done applying it. I will say however all that aside the minerals do look very nice and natural and will not collect in your wrinkles at all. I may

now try the more inexpensive brands for everyday use, but I'd like to know

which liquid foundation I should get now for when I want to go out to

more important functions. I guess I'll be using both types of make-up.

Originally Posted by MC G-lite /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really? I read all this good stuff about it, and I decided that I should try it.

I think it actually helped the first few days that I did it, but then I started have problems. But, it is hard to tell if it was the OCM because I was having problems before that. It's kind of is a pain in the butt to do the OCM anyway, but I like the idea of a natural cleansing method without all the soap and detergents. My skin is too sensitive and dry for all that stuff.

My Skin reacted the same way, the first few days I was convinced that I had found my HG, after about a week I had the worst breakout I had ever had. The only things that I have found that mad a significant difference in my skin is Neostrata AHA products and a microfiber cloth.
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by ginevra /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've used ID Bare Minerals for 3 yrs and am in my middle 50's with basically good skin, no pockmarks but some skin discolorations and Iwill say neither their make-up or their cover up powders will cover the

flaws . In this respect I must say that traditional liquid or creme foundation is far superior, because at least your skin can look clear when

you're done applying it. I will say however all that aside the minerals do look very nice and natural and will not collect in your wrinkles at all. I may

now try the more inexpensive brands for everyday use, but I'd like to know

which liquid foundation I should get now for when I want to go out to

more important functions. I guess I'll be using both types of make-up.

Well, I have never found a good foundation that I really liked, that didn't feel heavy on my skin. That is why I started thinking that mineral foundation was the answer for me.

I was wondering if you have tried just using some kind concealer (cream or liquid) under your minerals? I don't think there would be anything wrong with mixing different products to get the results you want.

I also wanted to suggest that you visit Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage and look up reviews for foundations.

That has been helpful to me in the past when I wanted to know what cosmetics to try. You can even narrow the reviews down to reviewers with your age and skin type. That will help to know how it would work for your skin type, and weed out reviews from people that don't have the same skin type and issues.

For myself, I really have to narrow things down a bit before I go shopping. Because if I don't I will get overwhelmed with the vast selection of products available.

I will literally (and I do me literally) feel dizzy when trying to choose a product, and be totally confused about what to buy.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck!

sunshine.gif

Originally Posted by RoxyJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif My Skin reacted the same way, the first few days I was convinced that I had found my HG, after about a week I had the worst breakout I had ever had. The only things that I have found that mad a significant difference in my skin is Neostrata AHA products and a microfiber cloth.
rockwoot.gif
Yeah, I was so disappointed. I thought I had found the greatest thing for my skin, and then my skin broke out horribly.

I know that a lot of people say that your skin is just purging. But I don't have the patients to wait for my skin to get past this "purging" stage, and get better. Plus, some people say you have to keep experimenting with different oils and ratios until you find the perfect combination of oils for your skin. F-that! I don't have the time for that.

I haven't heard of Neostrata before. Where do you get that? Is it for acne prone skin?

Thanks.

sunshine.gif

I've tried BE and didn't like it. It made my skin itch so bad I took it off after an hour. My face was red for a week. I studied their ingredients and I am guessing its the Bismuth that I was allergic to. And I know that I am not the only one who feels this way. My friend's sister also has sensitive skin like me and she hated BE also.

it may be one of the originals but it didnt work for me, none of the shades were a good match and the bismuth made me itch like crazy and it actually made my pore look huge

I have used Bare Mineral makeup for many years now. I am an older woman and I believe that this makeup looks very good on my skin...I have tried other mineral makeup believe me all kinds but I always come back to the Bare Minerals. I do think however that no one person can answer this question but you. You have to try it and see if you really like it. I will say that I am a girl who buys everything new that comes out thinking that this is better than what I have at home but I always go back in the end...I do think that it looks so much better on a womans skin that these other liquids and cake makeup. It is sheer and looks so nice. You can always build if you need more coverage. All I can say is to try it..QVC takes back everything so if you try it and don't like it they will take it back for up to 30 days. You may be surprised by the outcome......

I tried it and loved it!  I am apart of the beauty renewal program and friends and benefits.  I quit using proactive and quit washing my face bc the make up actually heals your skin.  matter fact i brush some powder of my face after bath.I LOVE the online last chance items its cheap and worth it.  I honestly can say this is the best make up out there.

I mix several different colors and use all the radiance's depending on if I have sun or not.  While your skin will "purge" after a week or so you will have a breakout you should be able to cover it (using the right brush is key to getting the right coverage splurge on there brushes even if you buy them on ebay bc you waste so much product if not and you won't get true results) after that your skin will glow!  Now I am a BM junkie I only use there products and bc I spend so much they give me special sales free products and always free samples along with free $10 for every $150 i spend.  You can return anything used or not!  I enrolled in there beauty program which lets me get 6 full size products every 2-6 months for 79.99 half of what it cost normally.  Also, if you hit the package deals in last chance you get a bang for your buck!  It looks like your face is healthy and I always here "omg are you even wearing make up other than your eyes" then they want to feel my face 
laughno.gif
 and i let them bc I wear 6 layers of colors and you can't feel it or see it!

Hello,

Reading the blogs for BE makeup...Purchase from QVC because if you don't like it or it you can return it for a full refund up to 30 days from purchase...I get all my makeup from them because they will let you return it. They have anykind you would like to try.............

I used Bare Minerals years ago then tried Everyday Minerals and Lumiere which I liked better.  I still had some BM left and tried it a couple of weeks ago and it looked horrible absolutely horrible.  It did collect in my wrinkles, it made my skin look much worse than without anything at all.  I spent a lot of money on many of their products which I now realise are overpriced.  Lumiere makes great foundation and finishing powder at a fraction of the cost of BM, you're paying for all the advertising. 

I sometimes see "ladies of a certain age" obviously wearing Mineral Makeup and it does nothing for their skin.  When you get to a certain age you need a moisture based foundation not dry powder.  I now wonder if I really looked awful when I used BM years ago and I just convinced myself because it was the thing then to use MM and I was sucked in to those infomercials where the older lady is transformed before your eyes.

I found when I started researching mineral makeup that often leading companys charge  a lot of money for the same ingredients that smaller companies sell. Some BE foundation contains Bismuth that I seem to be allergic to and as mineral makeup should be the most hypoallergenic cosmetic on the market no I don’t think it is the best. I do however think a simple high quality mineral foundation is the best – check the ingredients

I happen to LOVE Bare Minerals. I'm 21 and my skin can sometimes get pretty oily, especially when I'm at work, so I use the matte and I'm always either fair or fairly light, depending on the season. I don't tan at all but I get a yellowish undertone in the summertime. I like it to be pretty full coverage because I tend to get blotchy and the handy buki brush works well for this. I agree though, you have to try out a few brands to see what works best with your particular skin. I like buying from the Bare Minerals store because they almost always have a promotion going on and they have a rewards program where you get $10 for every $150 you spend, but I do find them rather pushy at times, especially when recommending brushes. I also like the hydrating mineral veil over the regular one, and even though it can be expensive I think it lasts a very long time. I've only had two foundations in the last year+ and I'm still using my first jar of both warmth and bisque (which I find can sometimes be too dark, but they don't have a lighter concealer) and I still have enough foundation to get me through the rest of the year.

Eh, i was intrigued by bare minerals from the TV commercials. I REALLY wanted to buy them everytime too. Even if i didn't really care for it. I'd think maybe its my cleanser and, it will work this time. Nope ! I was always a lil itchy on my face. It esentuated my dry skin, SUPER SHINY (i looked like a grease ball). The only thing i love is bare minerals is warmth all over face ;x  Can't find anything better than it. For me i used revlon colorstay foundation all my life and thought nothing could compare and tried to stay away from mineral makeup. Ive tried Bare minerals, pur minerals, colorscience, sheer cover, everyday minerals and was disapointed. Than i tried one in my beauty army kit recently, they gave me a sample in purely cosmetic and i loved it ! So i experimented with that and terra firma. Everyone should try terra firma love their sampler and color choice . Its a healthy mineral makeup And looks great on I was quite suprised with it and found it on a you tube channel! Best mineral makeup for sure and changed my opinon of mineral make up completley but still no company compares to warmth all over face bronzer :(Ill link their website here

• No Gluten No Bismuth Oxychloride No Synthetic Fragrance NO Animal Testing! Ever!

• No Parabens No Petroleums No SLS No Silicone

http://www.terrafirmacosmetics.com/ try it if you want something a lil cheaper they gave me a 10 dollars off coupon and some extra samples!

Back