Is Ipsy Bag Worth It?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, whether it's worth it or not depends on what you want.

Surprise goodies: YES, totally worth it!

Stuff you actually like and will use: NO, so not worth it!

I subscribed a month ago to Ipsy. I allowed them to publish on my Facebook and I got in the same day. It was actually too late for the March box, but I will be in for April´s. I have been liking previous boxes although I tend to stick to higher end brands. I was subscribed to BB, Sample Society and Glossy box. I unsubscribed to them to try something different and I decided to go for Ipsy, New Beauty Test Tubes, and of course keeping my all time favorite Yuzen. I am actually looking forward to experiencing new brands, and for 10$ there´s really nothing to lose.

it is very much worth it. i love trying out products & you get some full sized ones too.

if you don't like what they give you, you can go on the website and give a review saying you don't like it

and they will try not to send something like that again. i got this small size of BB cream that i am in love with

and just bought the full size the other day. very worth it.

My sister subscribes to IPSY and loves it, she has been telling me to do and I still haven't :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I should do it if I'm telling you all that it's recommended! 

I love IPSY. I've been unsubbed for a while now but that was really just because I was overloaded with beauty products. I always liked most of the products in my IPSY bags and they allowed me to discover brands I hadn't tried before. They had really good sized products and value in each bag, though they are not high end. I would recommend based on my experience.

So it still says I'm on the waitlist but my card was charged. I'm pretty mad because it clearly states I wouldn't be charged until I was off the waitlist. Should I email CS or call or just chill out and see what happens? Sigh :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Krystan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So it still says I'm on the waitlist but my card was charged. I'm pretty mad because it clearly states I wouldn't be charged until I was off the waitlist. Should I email CS or call or just chill out and see what happens? Sigh
frown.gif

I'd contact them. It just might be a computer glitch. And besides, whenever money and credit card information is involved, you never just want to leave and see what happens. 

I tried Ipsy before birchbox and I hated it. I took the quiz when I signed up and I put that I wasn't big on bright colors. What did they send me? Bright orangish gold eyeshadow, some neon blush that I will never use and some bright blue eyeliner. I haven't used any of it. Ipsy seems like its more makeup related. I love birchbox because I'm more into skin and hair. And they provide both of those. I've used almost everything from my birchbox!

I tried Ipsy before birchbox and I hated it. I took the quiz when I signed up and I put that I wasn't big on bright colors. What did they send me? Bright orangish gold eyeshadow, some neon blush that I will never use and some bright blue eyeliner. I haven't used any of it. Ipsy seems like its more makeup related. I love birchbox because I'm more into skin and hair. And they provide both of those. I've used almost everything from my birchbox!
I agree completely. They send a lot of trendy makeup items - which is perfect for a lot of people. I use about 40-50% of what I get from Ipsy. I like Birchbox much better. I've found so many new things from BB. I am contemplating canceling Ipsy - but hanging in there for now. I just added a 2nd Birchbox though.

I lasted one month of ipsy and I could think of 50 other things I'd rather spend 10$ on. I've had birchbox for I think 5 months now and I'm excited every time it comes. I love the leave in conditioner I got last month. Smells soooooo good!

I hated Ipsy. I tried it for 3 months, and kept getting Be a Bombshell products (I think that is what the brand name is). I hate that brand haha. Also I felt like they were really cheap products and I never used anything. However, for only $10/month I shouldn't have expected better. I just gave my sister everything. 

I did get a Chella highlighter in one bag that I have fallen in love with, so that discovery was AMAZING!!! 

I canceled Ipsy after the first month. The products I received were low quality (crappy ingredients) and did not impress me. I'd rather have high end samples of things I'd actually purchase if I knew they were any good.

Looking at the posts here today, it looks like they've changed the quality of the items, however, so...! 

I LOVE IPSY!  I've used most of the things they've sent over the past 6 months.  On the contrary, I HATED Birchbox.  I tried them out for about 6 months before cancelling.  I hated almost everything they sent.  For instance, feet wipes?!?!?!  Ughh..what was THAT about.  

My sister loves glossybox and I might consider subscribing to that.  For now, though, I am in LOVE with my ipsy boxes

for $10 a month, its worth it for a few months here and there. sometimes they will mail out a product that itself is worth more that $10. and other months i feel like I should have put those $10 towards something at sephora. We will see how this month goes.

WOW so many differing opinions.  I guess everyone just has to try it for themselves!! 
Pretty much. I love both ipsy and Birchbox, but can really only afford one, so I switch between them every once in a while. But all of the top subscriptions still get mixed reviews, so it depends on what you're looking for. Regardless of what the subscription services suggest as far as personalizing your items, I wouldn't ever count on it. The whole point is to get you to try something new. They can only work with what the brands are willing to provide as far as samples. It's most likely a computer program that chooses who gets what, so it's probably based mostly on numbers. If you have 80 samples to give out of X brand and 120 subscribers that would like to get it based on their profile, a bunch of people won't get it. I would rather have a chance of getting it than nobody getting it just because they don't have enough for everyone. On the other hand, if you have 240 samples of a product and 120 subscribers, everyone is going to get it regardless of their preferences. But the subscription service has to be fairly open to what the brands want to promote so that they can keep brands participating, otherwise the sub service dies even if there are a lot of subscribers.

Overall, Ipsy is definitely worth the $10 a month. You'll get stuff that you don't like, but you can always swap it with someone else. 

Just an update, ipsy just notified me that they accidentally sent a repeat in my April box from prior boxes and asked me whether I wanted extra 500 points or an extra sample in the next box.  I think that amount of care to correct something that I probably wouldn't care too much about (I'm getting a repeat eyeshadow brush which I like anyway) states that they want to make sure their customers are satisfied.  I'm sorry, but I simply can't say the same for birchbox.  I'm so glad I cancelled.

Quote: Originally Posted by snowingwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just an update, ipsy just notified me that they accidentally sent a repeat in my April box from prior boxes and asked me whether I wanted extra 500 points or an extra sample in the next box.  I think that amount of care to correct something that I probably wouldn't care too much about (I'm getting a repeat eyeshadow brush which I like anyway) states that they want to make sure their customers are satisfied.  I'm sorry, but I simply can't say the same for birchbox.  I'm so glad I cancelled.

I'm really impressed that THEY took that initiative even before you informed them! Great customer service like that is hard to come by. 

I'm on the waitlist, hurry up ipsy!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back