Is Ipsy Bag Worth It?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know.. I have recently signed up for Ipsy. I never tried it before and was put on the wait list. I used to subscribe to birch box and got kind of frustrated with them because I got so many perfume samples and felt like I wasn't getting anything fun anymore.

That being said I kept all of the products and as time has gone one have found myself wondering about things and going back to it and using it. For example, they sent a clarifying shampoo that I just used the other day. I miss my little once a month present "surprise" I get in the mail. I think I am going to join BB again, after this month I don't love what they have in this months box.

I also feel special unpacking their lovely wrapped package.

Does anyone know what the little piece of ribbon that's in the box always is for?

Originally Posted by Amanda Warwick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya know.. I have recently signed up for Ipsy. I never tried it before and was put on the wait list. I used to subscribe to birch box and got kind of frustrated with them because I got so many perfume samples and felt like I wasn't getting anything fun anymore.

That being said I kept all of the products and as time has gone one have found myself wondering about things and going back to it and using it. For example, they sent a clarifying shampoo that I just used the other day. I miss my little once a month present "surprise" I get in the mail. I think I am going to join BB again, after this month I don't love what they have in this months box.

I also feel special unpacking their lovely wrapped package.

Does anyone know what the little piece of ribbon that's in the box always is for?
Are you talking about Birchbox? The only ribbon that used to be in the boxes was the one they tied up the little "package" with...but they don't do that anymore. They switched to putting a couple of items in a little cardboard pillow pack, instead.

I absolutely love Ipsy! I started back in April, and although, I didn't care for that months bag, I've fallen in love with every bag since then. Sure, you get items you could careless for, but I put those items aside and give them away as gifts. The total value of Aug (2013) bag for me was around $46. $46 worth of items for only $10? That's a steal! This month's bag (September) doesn't have any higher ticketed items like August's bag (I got the UD lipstick, and Smashbox primer in that bag), but it is still worth the money. I also cannot complain for September's bag, for I am one of the winners to host a Benefit + Ipsy Lash Bash party. I don't know what all is in the box they send, as of yet. But I'm sure it will make up for the low end products. Birchbox has been on my "may cancel soon" list, though, because most of my boxes averaging a value of $14-$20, with a lot of foil packet samples. I can't do a thorough review with a 1 time use products. I probably won't cancel though, lol because I do like trying all the stuff in my subscription boxes.

Definitely!! I started subscribing last month, and loved both August's bag as well as my soon-to-come September bag. I love that Ipsy products are usually applicable to my needs and enough for me to get a few tries out of (often full sized), vs. Birchbox. It's definitely my favorite of the inexpensive subscription boxes.

I have the ipsy subscription and its ok.. I was really impressed in the beginning but have really been let down the past 2 months and have to admit that I am totally not looking forward to this months bag. They continue to send me hair care products which I don't prefer and this month half of the contents is shampoo and conditioner. One thing that I have also noticed more and more is that the beauty bloggers and youtubers that are subscribed are getting bonus items that are super nice and the people who are just regular subscribers are getting the ok stuff. I understand that they want the promotion but at the same time we are all spending the same amount :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also wish that they did the point system like bb as well. I will continue to subscribe for now but I hope it gets better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I joined back when it was MyGlam. I had unsubscribed after a few months when the bags were going downhill. After they reinvented themselves, I decided to give them another chance. I'm still subscribed. So far, a lot of the bags seemed to be hit or miss with me, but the bags are useful and there's at least 1 thing I like from each bag. Sometimes they do send full sized goods, which is a great thing. Would I recommend them? Yes, I would. Their shipping has been more consistent than BB (I've been having trouble with BB lately with them not shipping my boxes). But only if you're okay with having a lot of little known brands (not a bad thing, but it doesn't appeal to everyone).

i guys! If you can, take a moment to check out my unboxing for this month! Thank you! 
0.jpg

Mod Edit - Please no personal YouTube Channel promoting, per our TOS, thank you!

I've been on the IPSY wait list box for about a month and a half now. I've heard nothing. I hate waiting ... lol.

I was waitlisted for two months. No word, then one day a happy little email arrived. People get taken off waitlist closere to the end of the month from my own impatient research.

Hi!

I can say that I looove ipsy! I've order it a couple of times and i love everything about it. They give you a cute small makeup bag and 4 to five products (with full size products and samplers + discounts on ipsy.com). The best thing is that you can unsubscribe and subscribe again (I do it when I have a low budget lol) Anyways, its worth it! 

Hope this helps;

xo*
Poly

I know what you mean about beauty army. I was so excited for it. I just received my first box, and ALL the samples were 1 use only. It was 1 facial wipe in a foil pack, 1 facial mask in a foil pack, a teeny tiny bottle of shampoo (barely enough for one use)... you get the gist. I don't know if I'll cancel though, because I can always skip a month if I don't like the stuff. I'll just be paying more attention to the sizes in the descriptions.

I'm currently on the Ipsy waiting list...could take a long time though.

Poly88-- You say you can subscribe and unsubscribe when you want. Do you have to go back on the waiting list each time? Or does it hold your spot for you?

Well to be honest, I did it once last year so when I subscribed again I did wait, because the monthly offer wasn't available (or idk) but it wasn't that long. After that I checked again and I order it! That can be a little pain in the butt but I can't complain about the products. Good Luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Btw Idk if they changed that, I unsubscribe because I can't afford it every month. Maybe if you go to the Q&A section it can answer your question better! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by Poly88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well to be honest, I did it once last year so when I subscribed again I did wait, because the monthly offer wasn't available (or idk) but it wasn't that long. After that I checked again and I order it! That can be a little pain in the butt but I can't complain about the products. Good Luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Once you have an active Ipsy subscription it auto renews each month you don't have to check back and re order.

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Poly88-- You say you can subscribe and unsubscribe when you want. Do you have to go back on the waiting list each time? Or does it hold your spot for you?
If you unsubscribe from Ipsy you do have to go on the wait list if you want to resubscribe. 

I love ipsy! For the March 2014 Glam Bag I received the bareminerals lipstick, the bora bora eyeshadow quad, the chella blue eye liner, and the vita liberata luxury tan. I absolutely love getting new makeup every month! The website itself is a lot of fun, and so is following ipsy on Facebook, there is a strong sense of community with other women that are also interested in makeup. 

(no personal subscription links, please -magicalmom)

I've heard amazing things! I get my first bag in April! I will post about it and first impressions and will definitely put a video on my YouTube channel
smile.gif

(please no personal youtube channel links -magicalmom)

You can get off the wait list by sharing to your fb friends. Where it says "wait list" there is a link below that tells you how to get off ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that's how I got off it

Back