Jaime Lynn Spears is Pregnant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well allow me to be the different person in this thread: so what if she is pregnant? Wow!! OMG!!! What a shock!!! The rates of teenage pregnancy have been rising since I had a baby at 16. I really dont see the big deal. Young ladies and yeah, children having children are so double standard because someone is under 18, the outside has expectations that "this is a child" and expect for the person to fail. Well...blah!

There are older people that dont take care of children properly, lets have a looksie at the grown man that left his 2 year old in a hot car, so he could get his d*** sucked in a brothel. He was grown. He didnt conceive that child at 16, so what's the excuse? Brit Brit was grown, she wasnt 16, what's her excuse. The lady here in Mississippi in another county that left her kids at home to go to the club with no electricity, gas, water, ect and they burned the house down trying to get warm. 6 kids died...She was grown, what's her excuse for bad parenting!?

Parenting has no age and no boundaries. Parenting comes with no parenting guides, just the many opinions of many-many which, never had a child. Now, if you live with mommy and daddy, breeding in the basement, and have no nothing but a 100 dollar a week job, then no you shouldn't have a baby. Notice age wasnt mentioned.

And in conclusion, this is a "pick your poision" for the public game. 1- she has a baby young, the public is appalled, 2- she has an abortion, the public is appalled.

Sorry for the hijack, my 2 cents turns into 2 dollars, lol

Originally Posted by PRETTYSECRETS21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont think going through with a pregnancy necessarily makes you "responsible". The true test of responsibilty is going to come when the baby is born. exactly. britney went through with her pregnancies and i shudder to think of the kind of person who would call her a responsible parent. but kudos to jamie for facing up to what shes done and not just taking the easy way out. she must be really scared right now.

and what is going on with britney? x17online.com have a video of her taken about an hour ago telling paps "my sister is not pregnant"...err...someone should tell your sister then cos she thinks she is!

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well allow me to be the different person in this thread: so what if she is pregnant? Wow!! OMG!!! What a shock!!! The rates of teenage pregnancy have been rising since I had a baby at 16. I really dont see the big deal. Young ladies and yeah, children having children are so double standard because someone is under 18, the outside has expectations that "this is a child" and expect for the person to fail. Well...blah!
There are older people that dont take care of children properly, lets have a looksie at the grown man that left his 2 year old in a hot car, so he could get his d*** sucked in a brothel. He was grown. He didnt conceive that child at 16, so what's the excuse? Brit Brit was grown, she wasnt 16, what's her excuse. The lady here in Mississippi in another county that left her kids at home to go to the club with no electricity, gas, water, ect and they burned the house down trying to get warm. 6 kids died...She was grown, what's her excuse for bad parenting!?

Parenting has no age and no boundaries. Parenting comes with no parenting guides, just the many opinions of many-many which, never had a child. Now, if you live with mommy and daddy, breeding in the basement, and have no nothing but a 100 dollar a week job, then no you shouldn't have a baby. Notice age wasnt mentioned.

And in conclusion, this is a "pick your poision" for the public game. 1- she has a baby young, the public is appalled, 2- she has an abortion, the public is appalled.

Sorry for the hijack, my 2 cents turns into 2 dollars, lol

I still find it a shock when a young person has a kid. Shoot, all my friends are 21 and getting preggars and I'm here thinking "Dude - there goes your youth!" Yeah, having a kid doesn't stop life and what not, but it does change it a whole lot.

This girl, and every other young person pregnant out there, have their whole life to get pregnant and birth control pills plus a thousand other contraceptive are made to prolong that until that time comes. Accidents happen yep, but accidents can be preventable. Abstinent is also really good too. I heard their rate was like, ugh um, 100% or something like that? Yeah.

And matter of fact, teen birth rates have declined significantly in the past decade compared to other decades. Only, I think, in the past few years has it risen a bit.

So it is shocking and I do see the deal in it because isn't she some type of role model?

IF she is preggars, I doubt she'll fail - girl is practically born into riches. But I also doubt her career will ever be the same... look at Brit-Brit after she had them kids and gone all mental. I'll wait for the day when Jamie brings that razor to her hair...

Thats a damn shame! I guess using condoms isn't the "cool" thing to do in H-Wood. Oh well hope she's a better parent than Brit-Brit.

Britney was all like "high five, jamie" LOL

But seriously, I heard she was living with her boyfriend... isn't 16 a little young to do that?

OK do people know longer use birth control?????

good grief. the drama continues.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif and The mother, Lynn Spears, is writing a parenting "How To" book. not anymore. lol

I'm not shocked at all...I mean for real look at her "wonderful" role model of a sister. I don't feel bad for her though it's unfortunate and she should have been SMART enough to use protection but it's not the end of the world especially for someone with major money and hopefully a good support system and maturity.

I still can't be all happy and congratulatory to most teenage mothers because it's hard out here as a adult with a child and it's even harder when you wanna be a somewhat normal teen and can't cause you have a little one on your hip. I just hope she's a better mother to her child than her sister is.

Originally Posted by makeupwhore54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shes such a dumbass & isnt a 16yr old dating a 19yr old illeagal? The last time i checked it was. It depends on the state. In some states, the age of consent is 16. Here in NY, it's 17.
But yeah it could be considered statutory rape.

Anyways having unprotected sex is really stupid. Not only can you get pregnant but what about all the STD's out there? I mean seriously, some people never learn.

Two words for all the people having unprotected sex: Planned Parenthood

Ya know...all I can hope is that at 16, she is the exception, and can actually raise her child. I do think that she made a bad decision, but your actions have consequences, and these are them. At 16, I don't think a person can say that they are ready for a baby. Mentally, your brain doesn't start to develop reasoning skills until you are 21, and your brain only is fully mature at 25. I can't say that having sex at 16 is wrong...but having a baby at 16 is something that I would think seriously about before doing it. She's just a kid...let's hope she does okay with raising one.

I do not think she should be a role model for younger kids, though. You can't glamorize or romanticize something that is more often than not, a disaster.

I had my son born at the age of 17 so I know this won't be easy. I don't blame the parents at all because in the end a person is gonna make their own decisions no matter what. She was old enough to have her own show and make her choices and was treated like an adult. She made an adult mistake and is therefore going to deal with the consequences. Like an adult she also made the decision to keep the baby and move forward, for which I do applaud her for instead of choosing to abort and make the same mistake over and over again with such an easy way to get rid of it. Saying that it was all her parents fault and like saying her parents open her legs and positioned the guy on top. She is obviously mature on some level to be an actor and handle her career at such a young age so she knew what she was doing. I'm not saying that maybe the decisions her parents made with her didn't affect her at all whether it was for the better or for the worse, but in the end she had Britney as a perfect example of what not to do. She just made a mistake that millions of girls make every day, but being in the spotlight it is magnified a millions times more. Everyone knows that celebrities aren't immune to drugs, alcohol and jail/prison or sex so why should they be completely immune to teenage mothers? Kinda like cheating; you can't stop a person from cheating on you because no matter what you do or say they're gonna do what they want in the end. We don't know the whole story because the tabloids are always full of crap. All we can do is hope for the best and hope that the baby is well taken care as oppose to it's cousins. As far as birth control goes, nothing is 100 percent effective except for abstinence. For all we know the condom broke or she took the pill to late. Who are we to judge? We can only speculate. But if she releases a statement saying that she DID NOT IN FACT USE birth control then DEE DEE DEE!!!!

As far as "who are we to judge", I hate when people say that. as if giving our thoughts on a matter is some how wrong.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ya know...all I can hope is that at 16, she is the exception, and can actually raise her child. I do think that she made a bad decision, but your actions have consequences, and these are them. At 16, I don't think a person can say that they are ready for a baby. Mentally, your brain doesn't start to develop reasoning skills until you are 21, and your brain only is fully mature at 25. I can't say that having sex at 16 is wrong...but having a baby at 16 is something that I would think seriously about before doing it. She's just a kid...let's hope she does okay with raising one.
I do not think she should be a role model for younger kids, though. You can't glamorize or romanticize something that is more often than not, a disaster.

ITA! And btw, she met this guy at church? Hmmm I´m not gonna say anything else about this now
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I still find it a shock when a young person has a kid. Shoot, all my friends are 21 and getting preggars and I'm here thinking "Dude - there goes your youth!" Yeah, having a kid doesn't stop life and what not, but it does change it a whole lot.

This girl, and every other young person pregnant out there, have their whole life to get pregnant and birth control pills plus a thousand other contraceptive are made to prolong that until that time comes. Accidents happen yep, but accidents can be preventable.

yup, I also think it´s a big deal. Teen pregancies should not become the standard, it should stay the exception..I think nobody would disagree on that one. It´s not that hard to use BC, for christ´s sake

yeah I just saw it too and it happens everyday where I'm from. I just respect her for keeping the baby, most 16 y/o don't. Wonder how her mom feels?

Back