Jaime Lynn Spears is Pregnant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to post something like this but I see that you already hit the point. We can't judge her parenting skills because the baby hasn't arrived yet, so to say she's an idiot is irrelevan't because she, so far, seems to be doing the right thing in keeping the baby. She has the money and support so I think the child would be very priviledged. There are plenty of 30 somethings that do not deserve to parents.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well allow me to be the different person in this thread: so what if she is pregnant? Wow!! OMG!!! What a shock!!! The rates of teenage pregnancy have been rising since I had a baby at 16. I really dont see the big deal. Young ladies and yeah, children having children are so double standard because someone is under 18, the outside has expectations that "this is a child" and expect for the person to fail. Well...blah!
There are older people that dont take care of children properly, lets have a looksie at the grown man that left his 2 year old in a hot car, so he could get his d*** sucked in a brothel. He was grown. He didnt conceive that child at 16, so what's the excuse? Brit Brit was grown, she wasnt 16, what's her excuse. The lady here in Mississippi in another county that left her kids at home to go to the club with no electricity, gas, water, ect and they burned the house down trying to get warm. 6 kids died...She was grown, what's her excuse for bad parenting!?

Parenting has no age and no boundaries. Parenting comes with no parenting guides, just the many opinions of many-many which, never had a child. Now, if you live with mommy and daddy, breeding in the basement, and have no nothing but a 100 dollar a week job, then no you shouldn't have a baby. Notice age wasnt mentioned.

And in conclusion, this is a "pick your poision" for the public game. 1- she has a baby young, the public is appalled, 2- she has an abortion, the public is appalled.

Sorry for the hijack, my 2 cents turns into 2 dollars, lol

Shock, Disappointment Over Jamie Lynn's Pregnancy

jamie_lynn_spears5_180.jpg

Jamie Lynn Spears's announcement Tuesday that she is pregnant at 16 has generated an immediate groundswell of strong opinion, much of it negative, with many suggesting Spears may have lost all credibility as a teen role model.

The reactions have flooded in from PEOPLE readers and celebrity bloggers. And while some have expressed sympathy for the family's plight, others see the news as a major step back in the fight against teen pregnancy – and are holding Spears, her parents and her employer, Nickelodeon, accountable.

Here are some of the reactions:

• PEOPLE reader Haley P., Melrose, Mass.: "My 11-year-old daughter looks up to girls like Jamie Lynn and Miley Cyrus. Thank goodness she still has Miley."

• PEOPLE reader Heather C., Dallas: "This is a shock to anyone? Where are the role models? ... I blame the parents on this one for not educating their daughters to behave like ladies. I'm originally from Louisiana and am embarrassed that they are from my home state. I feel sorry for them actually. I hope that Nickelodeon cancels her show."

• PEOPLE reader Heather in Worcester, Mass.: "Maybe in the future when parents are thinking of putting their kids in showbiz they will look at this family and think twice. I don't feel sorry for Jamie Lynn, I think what she did was stupid and selfish. I absolutely feel sorry for [her mother] Lynne Spears, she has gone through so much with Britney, and now this."

• PEOPLE reader T. Olson in Green Bay, Wis.: "Let her be and let her learn her lesson without the camera in her face [and belly]. I can recall a few years ago when Beyoncé's 17-year-old sister was pregnant [and not married] and no one placed her face on the front of their magazines."

Around the Web

• Perez Hilton: "Dang. We thought Jamie Lynn was the nice and normal one."

• Pink Is the New Blog: "I am so not looking forward to seeing pictures of Jamie Lynn Spears with a baby bump."

• The Superficial: "Well, at least Jamie Lynn Spears has some first-hand experience in how not to raise a child thanks to big sister Brit."

• Defamer: "She's continuing the proud family tradition of ill-advised pregnancies established by infant-fumbling, mothering-impaired older sister Britney."

• Radar magazine: "The response? A comforting hug from her employer Nickelodeon, the cover of OK! magazine, and a portrayal of the events framed in the soft light of an after-school special."

• Bonnie Fuller, columnist, The Huffington Post: "Lynne Spears, what were you thinking? Or not thinking and not doing?"

So Lynne's book, was it by any chance titled 'If I Did It, Here's How It Happened Part II: Pimping Your Daughters to Hollywood'?

Originally Posted by yourleoqueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif So Lynne's book, was it by any chance titled 'If I Did It, Here's How It Happened Part II: Pimping Your Daughters to Hollywood'?
add_wegbrech.gif

Can I point out that there is a small percentage of the popultion who's body does not react to birth control. Its hormone issue, my aunt has it. THey dont test you for that until AFTER you find out your pregnant. hahah. Just saying, its not always cuz the kids screwed up.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shock, Disappointment Over Jamie Lynn's Pregnancy
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...pears5_180.jpg

Jamie Lynn Spears's announcement Tuesday that she is pregnant at 16 has generated an immediate groundswell of strong opinion, much of it negative, with many suggesting Spears may have lost all credibility as a teen role model.

The reactions have flooded in from PEOPLE readers and celebrity bloggers. And while some have expressed sympathy for the family's plight, others see the news as a major step back in the fight against teen pregnancy – and are holding Spears, her parents and her employer, Nickelodeon, accountable.

Here are some of the reactions:

• PEOPLE reader Haley P., Melrose, Mass.: "My 11-year-old daughter looks up to girls like Jamie Lynn and Miley Cyrus. Thank goodness she still has Miley."

• PEOPLE reader Heather C., Dallas: "This is a shock to anyone? Where are the role models? ... I blame the parents on this one for not educating their daughters to behave like ladies. I'm originally from Louisiana and am embarrassed that they are from my home state. I feel sorry for them actually. I hope that Nickelodeon cancels her show."

• PEOPLE reader Heather in Worcester, Mass.: "Maybe in the future when parents are thinking of putting their kids in showbiz they will look at this family and think twice. I don't feel sorry for Jamie Lynn, I think what she did was stupid and selfish. I absolutely feel sorry for [her mother] Lynne Spears, she has gone through so much with Britney, and now this."

• PEOPLE reader T. Olson in Green Bay, Wis.: "Let her be and let her learn her lesson without the camera in her face [and belly]. I can recall a few years ago when Beyoncé's 17-year-old sister was pregnant [and not married] and no one placed her face on the front of their magazines."

Around the Web

• Perez Hilton: "Dang. We thought Jamie Lynn was the nice and normal one."

• Pink Is the New Blog: "I am so not looking forward to seeing pictures of Jamie Lynn Spears with a baby bump."

• The Superficial: "Well, at least Jamie Lynn Spears has some first-hand experience in how not to raise a child thanks to big sister Brit."

• Defamer: "She's continuing the proud family tradition of ill-advised pregnancies established by infant-fumbling, mothering-impaired older sister Britney."

• Radar magazine: "The response? A comforting hug from her employer Nickelodeon, the cover of OK! magazine, and a portrayal of the events framed in the soft light of an after-school special."

• Bonnie Fuller, columnist, The Huffington Post: "Lynne Spears, what were you thinking? Or not thinking and not doing?"

After reading this, I think people need to back the f**k off of Jaime Lynn. Yes getting pregnant wasn't the smartest move on the planet for her, but what is done is done.
In my opinion Jaime is still a good role model, because of the fact that she faced up to what she did, admitted it to the world before she was outed by some tabloid, and she is doing the responsible thing by keeping the baby.

Originally Posted by michixboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm not a big fan of celeb. gossip,but i respect her for deciding to

keep the baby & continue with the

pregnancy. SO many 16 year olds

are getting pregnant. i really don't

see the big deal. it was her choice,

her life, people need to just let it

be. i'm probably going to get attacked

for this post, but it's just what i feel.

i'm not saying it's okay for people to

get pregnant at such a young age,

but hey, atleast she's being responsible

enough to continue with it & not

kill the poor baby. just thinking positivly.

[atleast trying to lol]

100% agree!

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can I point out that there is a small percentage of the popultion who's body does not react to birth control. Its hormone issue, my aunt has it. THey dont test you for that until AFTER you find out your pregnant. hahah. Just saying, its not always cuz the kids screwed up. That's why there's condom. That rubber band thingy... abstinent.To point out a few.

yeah but wait girls!! who said her youth is over? this IS the spears family we're talking about after all, as soon as her baby is born this spark inside her will ignite and she'll be partying her ass off and hanging out with paris and lindsay!!!! watch!!!!!!!

People are only making such a big deal because she's

a) Britney's sister

B) In the celebrity limelight

Whilst, I personally do not condone this, I would just like to point out that she is not the only 16 year old who is pregnant- there are many.

This is getting ridiculous! What is going on with that family? What a shame. I really hope she has some support from her parents and the father of that child.

I blame the parents as well. The girls action BOTH is a reflection of what their parents taught or lack of teaching that makes them FREAKS!

i can't say i'm suprised.i just thought that she was more sensible then her sister, brittany.

Back